• 1-5

17 43.59%
  • 5-10

4 10.26%
  • 10-30

2 5.13%
  • More than 30!!

3 7.69%
    My question is "How many pages of content do you build on avereage in one day?"

Me.. I'm doing around 10.

content... what's that.....

according to Mike I'm a PPC trickster and adwhore... tryin to dupe the public out of their money...

and i thought Mike was my friend...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

http and a telephoto
    Depends on the day, some days I build none other days hundreds (not just datafeed either). Depends on my mood and what is selling and what needs updating and what information I come across that will be valuable to my web site visitors.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Content?!

I said "None" but I suppose if I counted my ABW posts, it'd probably be about 50 pages LOL!

If you call datafeed sales pages "content" then I suppose it averages into the hundreds.

But if you mean CPM ad holders (info-content), sometimes I do make some of those pages. It's just so rare that it's not going to average out to even 1 page/day over a year.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

depends on how many my sub contractor sends me
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I average about one a day, but I often do my content pages in groups and so publish none for a while and then 10 in one go as they're interlinked and interdependent.

I never consider a page finished however and tinker endlessly, so whereas I produce one new page a day, I work on several during the course of a typical day. Sales pages in particular get updated continually - I consider my approach to be sniper rather than blunderbuss.

not enough would be my answer

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Heh, maybe I'm just stubborn, or perhaps I'm a detail guy: I do 10 pages a day, religously, by hand, no datafeeds. Somedays, it's product pages, sometimes it's paragraphs or relevant content, sometimes both.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Content?!

I said "None" but I suppose if I counted my ABW posts, it'd probably be about 50 pages LOL!

If you call datafeed sales pages "content" then I suppose it averages into the hundreds.

But if you mean CPM ad holders (info-content), sometimes I do make some of those pages. It's just so rare that it's not going to average out to even 1 page/day over a year.
    Leader: Great term! We create hundreds of them a day.

None...
    I know it is supposed to be the best thing for traffic and I keep threatening to build "content" pages but I've yet to build one.

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

ABW Ambassador
    I also voted 'none' because I still don't truly understand what other people mean by 'content'. I know what the search engines consider to be 'unique content'; I also know what they consider to be valuable and worthy of high rankings, but that isn't necessarily the same thing. Furthermore, I'm aware of what other sites consider to be valuable information and what visitors consider to be useful and once again, these are not the same thing. It's about time we had a definite 'just what the heck IS content' thread and came up with a workable useable definition for this forum.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark
    I also voted 'none' because I still don't truly understand what other people mean by 'content'. I know what the search engines consider to be 'unique content'; I also know what they consider to be valuable and worthy of high rankings, but that isn't necessarily the same thing. Furthermore, I'm aware of what other sites consider to be valuable information and what visitors consider to be useful and once again, these are not the same thing. It's about time we had a definite 'just what the heck IS content' thread and came up with a workable useable definition for this forum.
    Geez, if we actually define it, that would eliminate a bunch of flame wars. That doesn't sound like much fun.

:-)

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry, Karl. Don't want to spoil your fun, but it's always seemed to be one of those debates where people are arguing and no one is talking about the same thing. Personally, I think it would be useful to define 'content' in various contexts. That way people who read articles that say misleading statements like 'search engines like fresh content' and 'content is king' can put these things in context.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark
    Sorry, Karl. Don't want to spoil your fun, but it's always seemed to be one of those debates where people are arguing and no one is talking about the same thing. Personally, I think it would be useful to define 'content' in various contexts. That way people who read articles that say misleading statements like 'search engines like fresh content' and 'content is king' can put these things in context.
    I agree - it does seem a lot of the time that everyone is talking about something different.

I think there is "sales content" - where you actually take the time to write your own product descriptions and add some sales copy that you have written yourself. (if you copied it off the merchant then it's duplicate content)

Then there is "content content" - like where you write an article about something. (you either do the research or know your topic)

"search engines like fresh content" - can be as simple as adding a "thought for the day" to an existing page. It doesn't have to be a lot.

"Content is King" - is content that people like enough to link to your articles without you asking for it.

What do you all think???
    Ebudae

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What do you all think???~Ebudae
    The redefinition of "content" to meaning "anything that happens to be on a page" just seems so wrong to me. It used to be that there were articles/entertainment stuff (the content), and the stuff that actually paid the bills (the advertising).

It reminds me of when Rock music was selling great, so the record companies started sticking the word "rock" on the end of all the other genre names. "Country-Rock," "Pop-rock," "rock/hip hop"... Bah!

REAL country'll never be rock, and my sales pages (including the sales pitches) are not content. They are ADVERTISING and proud of it!

"Content is King" - is content that people like enough to link to your articles without you asking for it.
    Content'll NEVER dethrone King Revenue, for King Revenue pays the bills and is the very lifeblood of all sites. Even on a free-hosted site this is true--just once removed--because the host itself must have Revenue or die.

But to qualify as what would be a high officer to King Revenue, content needs to attract more than unsolicited links. It should be good enough that people refer their real friends! Website owners who are desperate to add a link or 2 to a related site, just to "spice up" or otherwise improve their own articles, aren't the same as people referring their actual friends. And, people must do that referring often enough to substantially expand the Kingdom. Revenue's Kingdom.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

lol, I see what you are are saying and I don't disagree - for me someone who is good at it, like you, is a good "content" writer.

When I say there are few who are better at writing "sales content" than Leader - it is compliment from me.
    Ebudae

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread