View Poll Results: Google Adsense Earnings (cont...)

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0% to 5.0%

16 31.37%
  • 5.1% to 10%

6 11.76%
  • 10.1% to 25%

11 21.57%
  • 25.1% to 50%

10 19.61%
  • Over 50%

8 15.69%
    It has been over 1 year since this poll.

It may be neat to update it with another one so here goes.

What % of your monthly earning is from Adsense? A rough estimate will do, let's say average for the last 3 months (or the last 30 days if you just started with Adsense).

I dont think you will get an honest answer out of anyone that has adsense on their site.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Hey nyfalcon,

I wonder why that would be. It's only based on a % of total earnings. Won't give too much away nor can anyone else (that I know of) see the members who voted.

Thanks for the feedback!

wow, good results coming in. Keep 'em coming!

ok, the numbers look like they might be holding steady.

It looks like over 50% of voters report Adsense accounted for 25% or more of total earnings. That is quite different than the results from Oct of 2003, where most users (34%) reported Adsense only made up of less than 5% of your total earnings.

Interesting notes: ~77% of users reported Adsense either made up less than 5% or over 25% of their earnings. ~24% reported Adsense earnings between 5 and 25%.

Assumptions: Users are probably different than the poll from 2003. But in general, these polls would assume the demographics of a general ABW'ber? ?

So has Adsense replaced alot of CPA deals for ABW'bers or have your overall earnings dropped (this assuem Adsense has been steady for you)? Probably a bit of both and more!

Thanks for taking part.

15 years and counting
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ian @ eyiproducts.com - It looks like over 50% of voters report Adsense accounted for 25% or more of total earnings. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I still don't have any cr@p like Adsense on any of my sites.
    I'll have to be starving to death before I do something like that. It's not yet for tomorrow.
    Why should I send my visitors to my competition, or to websites I don't know about?

Hey Zeus, Very good point. I guess that would depend on your business model. Glad to see you are going strong with CPA deals

15 years and counting
    I may sound old fashioned but I like to control my traffic and what's showing on my websites.
    I've the same business model than in the early days of internet and I'm still doing great.
    I hate to see these guys at Google getting richer than me. If they can make money with my traffic, I should be able to do better than them. At, least it's my thinking. I'm always impressed to see Adwords figures but it stimulates me to stay an affiliate and to try harder than to switch to an advertising model.

I've always been concerned with dynamic content (like advertising network banners) for that reason, too. I like to know that everything is appropriate, and other people always seem to have a different idea of what is appropriate. Google seems to do a very good job of policing their ads.

It's certainly not right for every page, but there are some pages where it works well. A few examples:

1) Content sites that have no applicable affiliate program.

2) I have tried hundreds of merchants, and some of them are pitiful performers. For those with a low effective CPC, I put up AdSense ads. I'd rather get clicks on paying ads than non-performing merchants.

3) I have one site where I know that the products are the best price. I put AdSense ads up, because I know nobody will be able to beat the price. I don't mind competitor ads there. Some people click the ads to check their prices. I suspect that most come back and buy through my site.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>MichaelColey - Google seems to do a very good job of policing their ads. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I agree with you, there's nothing wrong with Adsense, (I'm a big AdWords spender) and I'm sure it's important for some websites, like forums (ABW) or content sites. It would be much better to see music, game or joke sites using Adsense to make money than to listen to Zango or others.
    I just don't like to see affiliates using cr@py software to collect links and snipset of content from other sites for the purpose of using Adsense on every page. It's happening too often.
    There's room on the web for different business models, as long as they have the same kind of ethics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelColey:
    3) I have one site where I know that the products are the best price. I put AdSense ads up, because I know nobody will be able to beat the price. I don't mind competitor ads there. Some people click the ads to check their prices. I suspect that most come back and buy through my site. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Now that is an innovative tactic! Good stuff Michael!

For me, AdSense works great on pure-content sites that aren't really pushing other products. I do pretty good with a mix of page sponsorships + adsense.

On sites that are more commerce/catalog oriented, AdSense can just siphon off sales if not used carefully. It works well where there's a hole in my offerings but either due to out-of-stocks or whatever I don't have a product to push in a certain place. I'd rather get the paid click as they're leaving then just have them hop to google elsewhere themselves.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    So has Adsense replaced alot of CPA deals for ABW'bers or have your overall earnings dropped (this assuem Adsense has been steady for you)? Probably a bit of both and more!
    Actually AdSense added to my CPA deals without interfering with those earnings. The people who weren't convinced by my pitch, now have a way to leave--and bring me some money on their way out. Previously, I would get nothing from unconvinced traffic. But I did ditch CPA off of my c*ntent pages. C*ntent viewers didn't buy shite anyway, but with the AdSense, they don't have to in order for me to make money!

I'm the opposite of Zeus--I have AdSense on every page! Sales pages and content pages. If there's a page without it, other than on my personal site, it's by accident!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Actually AdSense added to my CPA deals without interfering with those earnings.

I'm the opposite of Zeus--I have AdSense on every page! Sales pages and content pages. If there's a page without it, other than on my personal site, it's by accident!
    Good to see Adsense is working for you Leader. That always brings a smile to my face when I hear Adsense works AND it worked without cannibalizing your other revenue stream, great stuff!

Thumbs up
    Apart from when I took AdSense off my pages and left them as plain old sales pages from mid November until the end of December to take advantage of Christmas sales, I've been easily making over 50% of my earnings from AdSense. It's been great, no reversals to worry about. You've got to love that.

I changed the placement of AdSense on my pages back in July of last year because of the advice given by Weisinator in a post that I read here at ABW. (thanks again Weisinator)... After changing the placement and ad sizes, my click-throughs and earnings went through the roof. I have AdSense on sales and content pages and track them all. I have found that they work MUCH better on sales pages... well, the ads are better paying on sales pages anyway and that's what I'm counting.

Also read about Vibrantmedia on a post here a few days ago, so now I'm off to look into that.

Smile
    Hey Tamb!

That is fantastic! Just awesome to hear about your adsense success. So don't you love the Google radio?

I will talk with you about vibrantmedia this sat. Looking forward to our affiliate dinner! See ya there.

Quote Originally Posted by Affiliate Ian
    Hey Tamb!
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiliate Ian

So don't you love the Google radio?
    I do love the Google radio/light. It's the coolest Google gift so far that's for sure... I'm not big on listening to the radio, but I love the light. It's almost hypnotising don't you think?

I will talk with you about vibrantmedia this sat. Looking forward to our affiliate dinner! See ya there.
    Well, if you show up THIS Saturday, you'll be talking to yourself... how about I talk to you about it the following Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by tamborinegal
    It's almost hypnotising don't you think?

Well, if you show up THIS Saturday, you'll be talking to yourself... how about I talk to you about it the following Saturday [/left]You know, I was just excited to meet up that I am 1 week early! See you NEXT Sat Tamb!
    Hynotising and mesmorizing!

Yes, I was so phsyched about going, I am 1 week ahead of schedule! hahaha

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread