Are CJ merchants actively recruiting parasites? Received an email today from eBay with this:
    "eBay now accepts incentive and loyalty sites into our affiliate program. And with the best deals on millions of products in thousands of categories (such as electronics, books, motors, collectibles, and fashion), eBay is easy to promote!"

Are there incentive / loyalty affiliates that aren't parasites (not rhetorical but an actual question)?

ABW Ambassador
    [on 2nd thought]

[This message was edited by Merchant_Consultant_Team on February 13, 2004 at 06:20 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Thay want more money, period. So they are recruiting anyone (disguised parasite, known parasite, etc.)

ABW Ambassador
    "Are there incentive / loyalty affiliates that aren't parasites (not rhetorical but an actual question)?"

Yes, a mod here has a rebate site. The problem is usually when shopping aps come into play and if they overwrite cookies/links, popping off affiliate traffic. But you can run a clean rebate, loyalty site.

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    Merchants know CJ has the backbone of a jellyfish when it comes to parasites.

There are only a handful of merchants on CJ I have any use for and I wish I knew what I could do to convince them to associate themselves with a better class of networks. Trust is the key to this business and to only trust a network to coddle the tricksters is sad.

Wayne

eBay really seems like it's going downhill fast lately.

Conversions are down, last time I checked EPC was dropping steadily, there is a tracking problem with CJ/eBay...I'm wondering if eBay is really worth the trouble. Especially knowing that they apparently don't care what an affiliate does to get them traffic, except for using their trademarks on PPC, etc.

Eventually this will backfire on them. I would have thought their reputation was more important to them...

Andy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    "Are there incentive / loyalty affiliates that aren't parasites (not rhetorical but an actual question)?" ...less then 1%. Rest,if not a BHO, have to adopt the poorman's BHO cookie cannon to compete. PS...how can they possibly earn enough in todays sleezy market to payout rewards?

See kharrison's plight to incent traffic and he never paid out a dime....
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...765#5996090765

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on February 13, 2004 at 07:50 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    "eBay now accepts incentive and loyalty sites into our affiliate program"

EBAY 7 day epc is now 45 cents and falling.

Weren't they recently touting changes in the commission structure? They raised commissions for those big sites (their first $Millionaire this month!), but the epc is falling.

They are blowing more money (for a bunch of cookie-setters?)

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Some Super DUPER or BHO whacked them with a cookie cannon. Zero impressions 2 million clicks and a bunch of higher commission rate sales....there goes the EPC.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

quote:
    Trust is the key to this business and to only trust a network to coddle the tricksters is sad.

Wayne

well said

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread