Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    One acnt at CJ is on its 7th day without any sales. This acnt was averaging 10.00 epc for the first 6 days of the month and nothing has changed. The last 2 months its averaged 9.50 epc. Whats going on? My second acnt has been doing ok, but now the last few days its showing signs of trying to go the way of the first acnt. Yesterday was a zero day sale. Coincidence me CJ. This is nuts. Now I have to go through and put back the Adsense in the prime locations 7 days I just don't buy it

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

DaPackster don't feel bad because you're not alone. So far this has been my worst month in ages with CJ. I know their reporting is delayed so perhaps once it's updated we will get a pleasant surprize!

Mine has gone from about $8.50 EPC (October-December) to about $1.50 EPC (First week of February). Last couple of days EPC improved a bit.

Are you going from 100 sales a day to 0, or from 10 sales a day to 0, or from 1 sale a day to 0?

Has the traffic to your site changed?

Has the number of clicks out of your site changed?

Is it one merchant, or several?

Has something changed on the merchant's site?

Has something changed on the site(s) that you get traffic from?

There are a lot of things that can cause it.

EPC or number of sales isn't a good measurement for figuring out of tracking is working or not. Conversion ratio is the best way to measure it. Even with conversion ratio, you need enough volume for it to be statistically relevant.

A general rule of thumb... Conversion ratio is more accurate the more sales you have. You really need to look at a period that generates enough clicks to generate 10 sales for it to be even close to accurate, and even then it could frequently vary 25-50%.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    How's this scene for you Mr. Coley:

Several DOZEN clicks for HALLOWEEN COSTUMES in two non-CJ joints.

Several THOUSAND clicks to CJ merchants for shoes, jewelry, clothing.

Made more money on halloween costumes in each of the last 4 days than on all CJ lines combined.

Halloween costumes are not a big seller in FEBRUARY. Shoes, Jewelry, and Clothing ARE good sellers in February.

Also the Shoes, Jewelry and Clothing traffic to other networks is converting sales as normal.

The CJ shutdown is highly unusual. I believe in my heart and in my mind that either something is broken, or something is fishy.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Chief- lol, maybe you are selling a buncha French Maid costumes for Valantines...!

CJ has been dead the last coupla days for me as well, but I have to admit, it's also true of my tarp site, which is at SAS, the last little while, dead calm, baby. It'll pick up though! Always does!

- - - - - - - - -
    I will FOCUS on my goal, and I shall NOT be denied.

ABW Ambassador
    Had a few sales yesterday but does seem oddly slow. Valentines should have a had a little spike. Yesterdays notice didn't make much sense, high volume of transactions, reporting delayed. Either reporting is still way behind or something ain't quite right.

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    Here we go.

No Zappos sales in the past 14.5 hours (I get ants in my pants if I go 14 minutes withour a sale for them) but a (gasp!) Shoes.com sale just popped up.

This is irrefutable, positive proof that the s#@t is f#@*%d up.

ABW Ambassador
    I am up from about $3 epc (two months ago) to $10 now.

You guys picked the wrong merchants on CJ. Swap them out, it is a constant process.

Dead Here!

I would expect a major slow down in Feb. but sales have ground to a halt on CJ.

This month I may top CJ with LS for the first time ever. It's a little shocking considering I send 20 times more traffic to CJ.

I still make the most $ with indies and so far they are holding up nicely.

CDC

I Can't Complain But Sometimes I Still Do

ABW Ambassador
    New CJ message

Reporting currently delayed [Last updated: Feb. 13, 8:30 AM (PST)]

Account Manager reporting is currently delayed, and our technical team is working to resolve the issue. All transactions are being tracked and recorded properly but there is a backlog in the reporting to your interface. We apologize for the inconvenience and will post any updates to keep you informed.

Jimbo it's not the merchants we're picking. Same merchants, same traffic, 3month 7day EPC in the 20's for me. Turns out there is a problem.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Turns out there is a problem

Indeed, problems galore and it is getting worse and worse.

CJ changed the reporting delay message again - now there is no estimated time for reports to be back online - no reporting for me since Wednesday

http://www.diyautoparts.com

The reporting delays are all within the past 12-24 hours. Most of the people here are talking about problems over a longer period of time.

I have transactions posted as recently as this morning, although the activities were from yesterday evening. Sales for yesterday look almost complete now for me.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I'm curious. After one of CJ's "tracking is not affected" reporting "delays" has anyone seen an influx of sales?

My experience has been that when reporting finally returns and transactions begin posting, none of the sales are retroactive. That is to say, there is never a sale or a group of sales that roll in to account for what may have occurred during the down time.

Granted there is no way to know what may have occurred during the down time but you would think that at least once in the two plus years that I have been doing this I would have had a sale during the down time.

Is it just me?

CDC

ABW Ambassador
    From what I see, it is the merchants.

Zappos.com is up to a $22 epc (7-Day).
    KB Toys is below $2 now.

If you jump on the winners and drop the losers, you stay on top of things. Keep swapping (winners in, losers out). If you run a product oriented site, it's easy. If it is merchant/coupon-oriented, then it might be a little tougher.

Funny you should mention that jimbo2002. I have 5 sites dedicated to Zappos which, until a short time ago, were kicking @ss. Now I've had 2 sales in 3 days at Zappos.
    I know "tis the season" but it still seems a little out of whack.

CDC

Tell me about it this is the worst month at cj this month a good %50 drop in earnings. Something is not right. Even worse then Jan.

freedom, it's not freedom till you build a business model where you can leave and the commissions will still be there. :0).

Merchants! As long as you are partnered with parasiteware you will not be listed on my site.

quote:
    Originally posted by cdc:
    I'm curious. After one of CJ's "tracking is not affected" reporting "delays" has anyone seen an influx of sales?
    I'm seeing some transactions coming through today, and they've all been for yesterday.

I have one CJ merchant that generates quite a few transactions. Those transactions usually have a "Posting Date" about 5-30 minutes after the "Event Date". Starting yesterday about 8am PST that streched to 40 minutes. 11am transactions weren't posted until 1pm. I had a 5pm transaction posted at 6am this morning and a 6pm transaction posted at 10am this morning.

When they say that tracking isn't affected, they're usually right. It should catch up once things are back in order.

When they say it's due to the volume of transactions, they're full of . It's probably due to some database tuning and/or monthly processing for generating affiliate check amounts. It really hurts their credibility when they aren't honest.

It's shaping up to be a phenomenal month for me. Might even beat January, which was my second best month ever.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

That's good to know Michael. Nothing rolling in yet but I'll hold out hope...

CDC

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    our technical team is working to resolve the issue

Well I shur do hope they get it "resolved" sometime in teh next two hours, 'cos then they're off to Don's John and a sick call on Monday.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Had a few sales yesterday but does seem oddly slow. Valentines should have a had a little spike. Yesterdays notice didn't make much sense, high volume of transactions, reporting delayed. Either reporting is still way behind or something ain't quite right.

I work in lounge pants
    valentine sales are slower when valentine's day falls on a weekend.

you ain't heard of the report?!

ABW Ambassador
    "valentine sales are slower when valentine's day falls on a weekend."

Not for everybody Just a lil slow at CJ, other networks just fine.

I work in lounge pants

Hey CDC........

Don't hold out TOO long bro..... switch to an indie program .... CJ is dead. Zappos has a lot of competition these days and it is growing by the month. I would love to see Zappos dump CJ and switch to an independant in-house program.... I think that CDC, myself and many more of us would return to seeing much better results. (We're either being sucked dry by parasites or blind-sided by firewalls and pop-up blockers or we are falling victim to the Google insanity...)

If we don't get some kool rules ourselves...... pronto........ then we'll just be bogus too.. ~Jeff Spicoli~

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    other networks just fine.

I work in lounge pants
    can't really get any slower when they're already slow even without a holiday

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast