Here's Ebay's response to my inquiry about the reversals. No rational explanation whatsoever:

quote:
    Hello Dan,

We have explained in the emails sent earlier this month about the reversal process.

eBay has several internet marketing channels with their pixel on eBay's confirmation pages. The de-dupe happens when an end-user has more than one of the channels codes on their computer and eBay reports 5 transactions (1 to each marketing channel). To avoid double/triple/quadruple/quintuple paying on the same end-user transactions, transactions are being reviewed from all channels and looking at which transaction actually came from the last cookie dropped on the end-user's computer, thereby correcting any excess transactions from the other marketing channel's reports.

We have reviewed your reports for Feb. 1-7 and have notated the following :

ACRUs : 9 TOTAL : 7 NotCorrected, 2 reversed
    Bids : 270 TOTAL : 255 NotCorrected, 15 reversed
    BINs : 37 TOTAL : 31 NotCorrected, 6 reversed
    You are running an average 7% reversal rate across all actions.

1. Yeah, 7% if you go count BINs, bids, and registrations equally; a bit higher if you go by dollar figures.

2. "We have explained in the emails sent earlier this month about the reversal process." What emails sent where? I have received no emails either in my CJ mailbox (which would be the LOGICAL place for them to show up) or in my regular email. Using the "well we explained it before so we don't have to explain jack now" excuse is infuriating.

The way that Ebay is handling this is going to kill the REAL content providers, for the sake of parasites.

*grumble*

-Dan

It would have been nicer if they would have sent out e-mail that stated that they have been making horrible accounting errors and in order to fix it it would result in EPC cutting of 75%.

Dressing this up in their "isn't it wonderful someone make 1M" in the program e-mail isn't a pick me upper.

It would have been nicer if they would have sent out e-mail that stated that they have been making horrible accounting errors and in order to fix it it would result in EPC cutting of 75%.

Dressing this up in their "isn't it won

ABW Ambassador
    Which TOS is this part of? CJ's or eBay's?

Where does it say that if eBay buys ads, pay cookie-setters, or hire an SEO expert that they do not have to pay us for our referrals?

They buy an ad on MSN or AOL, that will show on every users desktop. We refer them to ebay to BUY something specific, then they pay MSN or AOL?

jimbo2002: This is an excerpt from eBay's E-mail that was sent out:
    quote:
    Incentive Sites: eBay now accepts incentive and loyalty sites into our affiliate program. And with the best deals on millions of products in thousands of categories (such as electronics, books, motors, collectibles, and fashion), eBay is easy to promote!*
    So that opened the door to cookie overwriting right there.

Honestly, it seems eBay is dead set on trashing their good name by dwelling in the "gray area" of affiliate marketing.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Well, I was just out and had time to think about this. eBay writes the rules and we have to deliver what they want in order to get paid.

How hard is it to incentivise someone to sign up and bid on something at eBay?

Before, I was trying to send visitors who would bid on something they wanted to buy. But I don't think that works so well under the new plan. 44 cents per 100 clicks?

If eBay wants new email addresses obtained thru incent sites, we need to give them that. It won't help the ebay sellers much, but what have they done for me lately?

It shouldn't be hard to offer something real cheap (is there a minimum? 5 cents?) and pay people to sign up and bid on it. Buy-It-Now only (just to be sure).

I think that is what thye want. Well, time to start my new career as an ebook author....

ABW Ambassador
    Another instance where greed for short term profits will undermine long term benefits.
    Taking the clue from CJ, Ebay decides that parasites are good for business

ABW Ambassador
    I watched someone sign up and then use ebay.com.au from one of my links the other day and it didn't even show up on CJ.

SamyT,

Did you open a support ticket at CJ? eBay not tracking is an issue right now. I've placed 7 bids through my own links since December 24th, none of which have ever shown up in my account at CJ!

I even checked to make sure qksrv cookies were being set, and they are. I'm just not getting credit for bids. There IS a problem, make sure CJ knows so they can look into it. Maybe if enough people provide documentation, they'll be able to find out where the problem is.

Andy

SamyT, did they sign up for ebay.com.au via an eBay.com link? I have an email from CJ stating definitively that they do NOT pay for a referral if eBay redirects the visitor during the registration process. So if they clicked on your eBay.com link and were referred to eBay.com.au (because they chose Australia as their country), you'd get paid exactly ZERO.

They said they're aware of the problem, but I guess they have more important fish to fry -- like reversing 20 cents from my account every day.

Ralph

http://www.hockeydb.com

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread