Has anyone received their tax form from CJ? It's the only thing I am waiting on to get my taxes done.

Thanks,

Core @ ComparePlans Network

Yes, I used to be Core@ABW

I'm still waiting on about 95% of my 1099's (including CJ's). Everyone seems to be really slow this year.

Businesses are supposed to mail them by 1/31 (maybe even 2/2 this year), but it seems like MANY are late every year. I got one from 2002 in NOVEMBER 2003.

I'm not sure that it really matters, though. You owe taxes on ALL affiliate earnings, not just the earnings that get reported on 1099's.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Do you just show your accountant the reports from merchants you don't get a 1099 from verifying what you made and submit your taxes that way?

Yes, I used to be Core@ABW

ABW Ambassador
    Yes compare, I keep records of earnings from all affiliate companies for each month then report those that are below the minimum required for a 1099 on a list to my accountant.

Don't you know how much you made from CJ so that you can just do your taxes and then have them finished so that you can just attach the 1099 when it comes?

The only network we've received our 1099 from is Performics, and we are due a lot more. Anyone else get them from elsewhere?

Robin

I'm waiting for them from Google, CJ, Shareasale, Amazon ...

So far I have received them from Performics, Weclients(websponsors), DirectLeads and Fit-2a-t.

Rem, I'm not sure if CJ will be including Dec 2002 in the figures for last year or if they included them last year. The same with Dec of 2003, will that be with last years or carried over until next year. Jeeeze I'm getting myself dizzy

In other words, do they and the other merchants add what we made in 2003 or what they sent out?? Either way I am in no hurry to pay

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

What is the % CJ withhold for tax?

You don't attach 1099's to your return.

Companies should send you a 1099 showing what they paid you during the calendar year.

As far as I know, none of the companies will withhold taxes from your checks unless you don't send them a W-9 when they request it. Out of hundreds of merchants I've worked with, I think I've only had one withhold taxes.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    Duh, I knew that about not attaching the 1099's to the taxes. (out of it lately). You only need to attach your W-2's. In any case Depackster, you will get a 1099 from CJ for the total amount of actual money CJ paid you in 2003. That much, I remember from last year.

The check you received in January, for December earnings, you won't have to declare until your 2004 taxes. (what a mess).

Anyway, Michael, you're right. Everyone does seem to be running late for some reason this year. Our own accountant hasn't even sent out their stuff and we usually have that by the end of December. Not to mention that we still only have one 1099-mis and not many 1099-div yet.

Oh well, I guess for me it doesn't matter as much since I'm not getting a refund, but if I were, I'd be pretty upset right now.

Robin

What's a W-2? Oh yeah, that's from the J-O-B. It's been so long I almost forgot!

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

So if you made money in Dec but don't receive and deposit it till Jan it will be 04 income.

What if the company writes you a check on Dec 31st and puts it in the mail. Should be 04 income to you, but what if they then send a 1099 showing it was paid in 03.

ABW Ambassador
    The only way it would show as being paid in '03 is if they actually cut the check then. In that case, it is income for 2003.

It's when the check is cut from their end, not when you actually get it.

Robin

You are right but it makes no sense. I cashed the checks and the only record I have is the deposit date.

Has anyone received their 1099-Misc from CJ yet? I have sent inquiries three times now and have received no replies. Called and spoke to a rep last week and was told they were being mailed out THAT SAME day--yehrite!! That was on Monday, 2/2. It is now a week later and yet no signs of my 1099!!

fatSOS Outlet
    www.fatsosoutlet.com

hmm got one from shareasale... so far

freedom, it's not freedom till you build a business model where you can leave and the commissions will still be there. :0).

Merchants! As long as you are partnered with parasiteware you will not be listed on my site.

16. Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Got mine Saturday.

I think Google's is the only one left for me now.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

ABW Ambassador
    Got most of mine it seems CJ, Performics, Linkshare, Websponsors, Amazon, and Software One, if anybody can tell me who they are they get a prize. I posted about this a couple of months ago about getting a check from them, but have no idea what merchant they represent

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    Got mine, also check with your accountant.

I run on a cash basis and only count the money that is actually deposited (I believe (it is either based on deposited or when available to me) not what is owed.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Chez, it is not when it's deposited, it's when the company actually cuts the check. So, if I cut a check on December 31, 2003 and you don't cash it til March 2004, it is still income for the year 2003.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    What is the % CJ withhold for tax?

Oh if only they would

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

I just received mine today.

Strange but, it shows a bit more income than the amount I get by adding my twelve 2003 checks, I guess it include some late Dec, 2002 final earning.

ABW Ambassador
    Mr Sal, I would double check your numbers. We have a merchant claiming they cut a check on December 31st so they're counting that for 2003, but I'm pretty sure the check wasn't cut until after that. Especially because their payment report doesn't even show up until January. Because of this discrepancy, it might cost us an additional $300 in taxes this year, so now I need to contact them myself for a copy of the check.

Robin

I'm still waiting for mine. I guess I'll be emailing CJ if it doesn't come in tomorrow.

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of today."

This is what I love about BeFree reporting. I could go in and see each check that was sent out last year. Made it easy to see where the screw up was when my numbers didn't match.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread