Call it whatever you want to...

Non-incentive merchants or something more palatable.

What we Need is a Section with a list (or a method of searching for your merchants) that DO NOT allow any parasite connection of any kind, shape or form.

We could login and go to that "non-incent-merchant" section (or that search option) and sign up with and promote only those merchants.

P.S. - Not asking you to mention name names of the merchants who do... Just give us the ones who don't.

[This message was edited by Just a guy on February 17, 2004 at 01:46 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    That's a great suggestion! I don't think it will ever happen, but it would be great if it did.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    What ...and by-pass the losers? Where's the wiggle room for CJ to bury the winners in that viable plan. ABW called for a complete disclosure of all diversion tactics and "incent BHO" friendly merchants within their pre-signup profiles at the Nov 7th 2002 meeting. They are still laughing at that pro-active affiliate suggestion as the CoC carrot to the masses.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Affiliate Manager
    Only problem with this is merchants will have to report themselves as Parasite supporters. This would be the only way to flag them unless the CJ staff takes the time to monitor, regulate, etc...

If a merchant supports parasites I really doubt they would honestly flag themselves as one that does.

To Good Health & Wellbeing,

Chet Brzezinski
    eVitamins Affiliate Manager
    http://www.eVitamins.com
    affiliates@evitamins.com

I Believe I recently saw another thread indicating that CJ Already does this.

...something to the effect of CJ notifications to merchants so they could manually approve those types of affiliates (I THINK Todd may have posted such).

Of course, an "honor system" wouldn't work any more than the COC does.

There would have to be verification.

[This message was edited by Just a guy on February 17, 2004 at 02:16 PM.]

quote:
    This would be the only way to flag them unless the CJ staff takes the time to monitor, regulate, etc...

Well, yes! Back when I started the networks advertised themselves as a 'trusted 3rd parties' - monitoring and regulating was certaining part of the impression I had.

But monitoring and regulation is what is needed here - on both sides on the partnership. What ELSE is needed is some way to VERIFY activity.

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread