I tried an experiment last week. I cleared all the cookies on my brother's computer and then had him click through my site to Ebay and immediately create a new Ebay account and make a BIN purchase.

Forget about the transaction being reversed, IT NEVER SHOWED UP IN MY TRANSACTION REPORT!!!

I wonder how many other transactions are not even making it through?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Someone else reported non-tracking for bids yesterday.

Sounds like the Switch is OFF for sure!

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They must have tried to see if they could divert their 1.4 million monthly affiliate's tricks for click drain on their profits. Couldn't, so they turned off their tracking for a few weeks.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

You really, really, really need to make sure you use a SID for tracking on these. Use the same SID for another merchant on a test page.

Make sure the transaction for that merchant shows up with the SID before testing with eBay.

Then you can have CJ search for the SID if it still doesn't show up.

ABW Ambassador
    Ebay AM: Hello
    CJ Rep: Are you sicking of cutting tons of checks?
    Ebay AM: Sure am!!!
    CJ Rep: just move over to the CJ interface and cut one check.
    Ebay AM: But I will still have to manage thousands of affiliates!!!
    CJ Rep: We can help you with that as well...

Chet

Yep, eBay is ripping us off! Half of my Active Registrations this month have been reversed!! 50%!!!

Knowing for a fact that eBay/CJ isn't tracking all bids, I'm certain there's going to be a big fat mess to straighten out.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, now they started reversing my Active Registrations. Before it was just the nickels.

They said they had the Active Registration thing straightened out. With less reversals, we started promoting them more. Now they went back on that.

I think they should go back thru the last twelve or eighteen months and make sure they can't find any more of my Active Registrations to reverse. I am sure they could.

ABW Ambassador

I had my fist day of negative sales at CJ due to eBay reversals.

Their program is a joke.

All eBay links have now been removed from my sites.

ABW Ambassador
    The response I got from CJ was that because eBay runs programs on so many different networks, that it's one of those other cookies that is being used. So it looks like they initially credit everyone who had their hand in the cookie jar and then reverse all but the last one in, who was lucky (or tricky) enough to get the cookie to stick. Basically, I was told that it's network vs. network and not CJ affiliate vs. CJ affiliate. If this is true, assuming that they only make money when we do, then CJ is losing money... so why don't they care?

Die Parasites Die!!

So the obvious way to make money is to place an image on your eBay auction that pops up an eBay affiliate link. That would appear to be fair game, at least as fair as the popunder campaign running on Burst.

Ralph

http://www.hockeydb.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Look at the bandwidth CJ is saving as fewer affiliates even bother to check their eBay stats every 15 minutes...LOL.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Gosh, is there a way to just place an eBay cookie on computers when they enter your site, just for the heck of it? Something in .htaccess, perhaps?

That way, anyone breezing through gets cookied! Oh, those are the ones that are supposed to suffer the most because of these latest eBay changes, according to them. I'd like to know how the ONE MILLION DOLLAR AFFILIATE they're so proud of sets cookies!

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Andy,
    The only way I know of is to load their site in a popup on enter or exit. As for the million dollar club, that's probably parasites popping up over other sites, overwriting our links/cookies, or those using burst or fastclick... I'm sure a lot of people unknowingly have eBay popups running on their sites through those services that overwrite their own cookies.

Die Parasites Die!!

ABW Ambassador
    Word from CJ:

quote:
    If someone registers through you but then bids through someone else you will get credit for the active registration (the $5) but they will get credit for the bid ($0.05).

Let me just clarify that it is a network vs. network thing and not CJ affiliate vs. CJ affiliate. The issue with integrating one cookie is that this would take a combined effort of all the companies involved re-desiging their tracking systems to accomodate the situation. Frankly, it just makes mnore sense to allow them to do reversals like everyone else in a similar situation.

Die Parasites Die!!

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread