Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OK, I finally have some time this week to read through the posts here. I am sorry it has been so long but my other duties took priority. Between wrapping up 2003, planning for 2004, working on integrating the Be Free and Commission Junction teams, travel, a cold and Valentine's Day, I just haven't had any time until now.

As most of you know, I do not duck questions. I have always been straight forward with everyone and try to post responses that are short and to the point.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Welcome back, Todd!

Hope you're feeling better.

When I saw the topic name, I thought you and Haiko were hanging out at ABW's world HQ!

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome back!

Now the question time. Where do we stand now with Norton and Kazaa issues?

In general terms, what will the Be Free and Commission Junction merger mean to affiliates. Specifically will there be one sign-in area and combined reports etc...?

Thanks Todd! I am one who apprechiates CJ - it has been good to me.

I think the main thing for me (and maybe others) is just that we want to be treated fairly. And not feel like we are getting "shined on" (lol - an old 60's phrase)

We want to feel like the "bad guys" (parasites, link changers, etc) are not getting the upperhand.

Someone mentioned if we could have a list of merchants who do work with these guys. At BeFree they have little symbols attached to the merchants - a kind of rateing system. I would like to see something like that a CJ. That way we would know up front what we are dealing with and make our judgements accordingly.

Thanks for listening!

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

I can't really provide you with a list since it could change at any time. A further complication would be which affiliates to include as "parasitic". Many incentive type affiliates would not be considered by those posting here as parasitic.

The best approach is to contact the program manager and ask them if they have certain partners or what their stance is on software-based, incentive affiliates.

I do not think any of the other solution providers have a designation for this either.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Hi Todd! I hope you are a 100% well soon.

I'm glad to see you here.

Cj has been very good to me, I'm also very thankful for it, and want nothing more than continue my partnership and keep growing with you.

But please understand how hard and scary is for the small affiliate -especially for one who has no other source of income- to keep optimistic with so many issues that are brought up here which threatens our income.

It is fightening, even more so when the issues brought up go unanswered.

I understand that sometimes the tone of the questioning is harsh, and it must not be very pleasant to engage on a discussion. But the questions are valid ones, and we need answers.

Thank you for your time!

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Todd:

Is there any way to get in contact with a merchant if they don't reply to a CJ message? I have been trying to contact Auto Barn and the email bounced and have not heard back from the message I sent on CJ

Jack Mitchell
    http://kattskozykorner.com
    http://clothing-to-go.com
    http://sports-to-go.com

If I were you I would call their corporate headquarters and ask for the affiliate program manager or the person in charge of marketing or bus. dev.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd, pull up a chair but don't crowd my monitor CJ is rocking and my affiliate earnings should pay for my new Lexus

PS: Still waiting for a response from you on that last email on the 4th

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    > SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    my affiliate earnings should pay for my new Lexus

hehe they already paid for mine a long time ago :P

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome back Tod!!

Good to know that cj does care

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hi Todd!

Of course, I still love CJ!

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    Todd, how come a Merchant who has terminated their program entirely with CJ can still reverse sales, even when the sales are over two months old?

Thanks
    Woz

Good, while you are here, perhaps you could fix a few things at CJ for us.

We want you to go back and fix it so that, when we build a site and using a CJ merchant and then send a customer through our link to the merchant site where a purchase is made, that we get paid for that sale each and every time.

We want you to fix it so that the merchant never overwrites cookies from the affiliates who sent the traffic thus avoiding just compensation to the affiliate.

We want you to stop merchants from extending sales enmass and for no good reason just so that they can avoid paying for a month.

We want you to make merchants have to show just cause for each and every reversal. And, not be able to use this as a way to avoid just payment.
    Reversals are supposed to be done and sales locked by the 10th of the month. We want you to make that the rule and stick to it. Reversals coming months late should be absorbed by the merchant as a cost of doing business. We need to know when our money is our own.

We want you to go back to seeing that the merchants keep enough money in their account so that our payment is ensured, even when they quit CJ or declare bankruptcy. We are tired of getting stiffed.

We want you to end the CJ association with programs who do nothing to sale a merchant's products yet they intercept the sale that we sent to the merchant and convert the commission to themselves.

We want you to get out of the parasite business so that Norton and other programs will no longer have reason to perceive our images and our links and cookies as parasitic.

Glad you are here. Now, can you go fix these minor things for us, please?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Todd,

Glad you are on the boards.

We may not always agree, but it is always good to hear the 'other' side of the story.

John

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

Want to go fly fishing?

quote:
    Originally posted by SSanf:
    We want you to go back and fix it so that, when we build a site and using a CJ merchant and then send a customer through our link to the merchant site where a purchase is made, that we get paid for that sale each and every time.

We want you to fix it so that the merchant never overwrites cookies from the affiliates who sent the traffic thus avoiding just compensation to the affiliate.

We want you to stop merchants from extending sales enmass and for no good reason just so that they can avoid paying for a month.

We want you to make merchants have to show just cause for each and every reversal. And, not be able to use this as a way to avoid just payment.
    Reversals are supposed to be done and sales locked by the 10th of the month. We want you to make that the rule and stick to it. Reversals coming months late should be absorbed by the merchant as a cost of doing business. We need to know when our money is our own.

We want you to go back to seeing that the merchants keep enough money in their account so that our payment is ensured, even when they quit CJ or declare bankruptcy. We are tired of getting stiffed.

We want you to end the CJ association with programs who do nothing to sale a merchant's products yet they intercept the sale that we sent to the merchant and convert the commission to themselves.

We want you to get out of the parasite business so that Norton and other programs will no longer have reason to perceive our images and our links and cookies as parasitic.
    Now those are some good, constructive suggestions.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Thank everyone. It is good to take some time to post here. Believe it or not, I do enjoy posting and discussing issues with all of you.

Akiva,
    quote:
    PS: Still waiting for a response from you on that last email on the 4th.
    I responded - didn't you get my email?

Ssanf,

quote:
    Good, while you are here, perhaps you could fix a few things at CJ for us....Glad you are here. Now, can you go fix these minor things for us, please?
    Done, that was easy. Any more requests?

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

quote:
    Originally posted by Akiva:
    Todd, pull up a chair but don't crowd my monitor CJ is rocking and my affiliate earnings should pay for my new Lexus

YOUR affiliate earnings? I though you were an AM representing merchants. You are an affiliate for these merchants too?

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

Not to doubt what you say, Todd, since I know you are always a truth teller, but I don't have much confidence that it is "done".

However, those things certainly SHOULD be done, not that I hold much hope for any of them.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Hi Todd,

Welcome back.

I think that SSanf pretty much summed up what a lot of us are concerned about.
    While I appreciate the humorous answer, a real answer would be nice.

CDC

I Can't Complain But Sometimes I Still Do

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by SSanf:
    Good, while you are here, perhaps you could fix a few things at CJ for us.

Glad you are here. Now, can you go fix these minor things for us, please?

I must ditto this.

I disagree with the heated posts I saw yesterday, but these points are good!

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

quote:
    What is broken that needs fixing? Go back and fix what?

quote:
    This is forbidden - if anyone sees this happening, let us know and we will take action. When we detect this, we take action to resolve the problem. If you see it before us, let us know.

quote:
    Most extension are not to avoid paying commissions, they are to ensure that sales are shipped and commissions are payable. We only allow one extension period. If you do not like this practice, I suggest you find a comparable advertiser that does not routinely extend txns. Only a few advertisers extend txns each month.

quote:
    We want you to make merchants have to show just cause for each and every reversal. And, not be able to use this as a way to avoid just payment. Reversals are supposed to be done and sales locked by the 10th of the month. We want you to make that the rule and stick to it. Reversals coming months late should be absorbed by the merchant as a cost of doing business. We need to know when our money is our own.
    We investigate reversals and corrections. The majority of advertisers are very fair and consistent in their reversal policies. I am unaware of any reversals coming months later - this is a very rare occurrence.

quote:
    Our standard policy is to require a positive balance. If an advertiser goes negative, we will not pay their affiliates until they bring their balance back positive. For some of the larger advertisers we invoice them monthly. All of these advertisers are required to pay us prior to us paying their affiliates - there are no exceptions. In rare circumstances, advertisers are invoiced and do not remit payment in time for the affiliate payroll on the 20th. In these cases, we extend the txns until the next month. If they never pay their invoice, we cannot pay their affiliates. CJ is also not paid by the way when this happens.

quote:
    We are working to ensure that publishers are fairly paid for referred sales.

quote:
    This is not what Norton is doing or concerned with. Norton is providing ad blocking to block advertisements not to block parasites.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    This is not what Norton is doing or concerned with. Norton is providing ad blocking to block advertisements not to block parasites.

CJ cookies are not classified as "adware" by most of these companies but rather "spyware".

I can live with sending customers and explain to them blocking of adware - but when they see your cookies classified as spyware it's an entirely different scenario.

Why are your cookies classified as spyware instead of adware if not due to the parasite connection?

** Have you asked for change? **

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Todd I wrote CJ and the merchant eHobbies about their AM reversing every sale I made over 25.00, which were previously locked. These were done before the Dec 2002 cutoff and reflected transactions from Feb. 2002 to December 8th 2002 for the reason "other". No reply from any party.

I'm pleased with my ABW CJ merchants and rarely have ever seen a sale from one who hasn't come here to face the heat. I get infected at least once a week by drive-by installs of 180Solutions/n-case and watch them trying to hijack sales from the entire merchant pool while setting hidden cookies while viewing my own and client pages.

Care to explain how this operation can possibly adhire to the CoC terms? Just cuz your networks' server provides them BHO reports, sets their merchant hidden cookies, autoloads incents and allows them preferred partner status doesn't mean their not a den of thieves.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast