Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A heads up people,

"Due to a product deployment, the Commission Junction Account Manager will be unavailable starting February 20 at 5:00 PM Pacific Time, until February 21 at approximately midnight. In addition, product catalog exports will not be available starting at 12:00 PM (PST), February 20.

Tracking and recording of transactions are fully functional when the site is unavailable. When the site returns your reports will be delayed through the weekend. If there are any changes to this schedule we will post them to the site to keep you informed. "

Oh, Lord...

Andy

OH Good God... Not again!

CDC

I Can't Complain But Sometimes I Still Do

Correct me on this, but that is 30 hours in total, isn't it?

Fortunately, we've moved elsewhere and CJ is no longer a large part of our business. Guess this'll just cut it even more.

CodeJockey.

30 hours this week plus over 30 hours last week.

My God, can't they schedule this any further apart.

I am soooooo frustrated with this!!!!!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

quote:
    When the site returns your reports will be delayed through the weekend.

Translated into real terms, this means the reports will be delayed until sometime next week.

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Correct me on this, but that is 30 hours in total, isn't it?

No, wrong! 5PM to Midnight is only 7 hours!

Remember that Midnight, the 21st is only one minute after 11:59, the 20th. (The date changes at midnight, and midnight's the first--not the last--hour of the new day.) So, 7 hours.

Then they give themselves another 12 hours (12 Pm)to get the "product catalog exports" back running. 19 hours off for that.

Not that it'll take any less time for reporting to normalize...or that everything will go on schedule...

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

That's approximate time though....can miss by few minutes, but can be few hours and even few days

Regards,

=xo=

I really wish companies would say 11:59pm or 12:01am. "Midnight" is so ambiguous. Usually, when people say Midnight on the 20th they mean a minute after 11:59pm on the 20th, even though that may not be technically correct.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

quote:

Well, actually you're wrong also. I just realized that they're in the PST zone, and I'm in the EST zone which is a three hour difference, so the down time is actually only four hours.

I really envy the people in Europe because they're lots of hours ahead of us, so, technically, because they get to midnight first, the work will be completed even before it scheduled to start.

I should have been a mathematician. Or gone in to poliitics, 'cause I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Like it's gonna make a bf difference anyways.

quote:
    Originally posted by CodeJockey:
    quote:

Well, actually you're wrong also. I just realized that they're in the PST zone, and I'm in the EST zone which is a three hour difference, so the down time is actually only four hours.

LOL, 5pm to Midnight is 7 hours regardless of what timezone you are in If this were the case people in Europe would have no downtime

Yeah, the only difference for us Eastern Time people is that our clocks will say 8PM till 3AM instead of 5PM till 12AM!

This is really too much. No other network that I deal with has this much downtime and this consistently with so much recovery time afterwards.

What would it take CJ to make this stop happening continually??? More servers, more staff ????

Geez get your act together, there are becoming more and more reasons why NOT to use CJ and I was a staunch CJ supporter previously. Really, it is not good enough.

Well, apparently CJ didn't mean they would be down for just 7 hours. My guess is they're really running behind on bringing the site back up (about 8 hours behind) or they don't intend to bring it up until Midnight on Saturday night/Sunday morning!

Andy

It's bad enough that their message is misleading about what time the come up, but it is worse they they don't update it either to make it more clear or let us know JUST WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!

Todd, you know this is one of my beefs with CJ, their lack of timely communication with us. We are a 24/7 group here. Just how hard is it for one of your techs to read our gripes here and edit your messages at CJ? So simple, yet so hard for the folks at CJ. Yes, improvements have been made over the last few years, but it is far from what is needed.

I got a certificate revoked message when I tried to login, plus it is now Saturday 7AM PST - and I still get a 404 page. What a way to run a ..

It seems that I also have 2 or more networks that go down regularly on weekends - that is when I can real rock to get information into the ones that sell and I need to watch my stuff, so it bugs me more than other days. weekends are most annoying but any day is annoying and the length of time it is down is bugging me!

ABW Ambassador
    "I got a certificate revoked message when I tried to login, plus it is now Saturday 7AM PST - and I still get a 404 page. "

Because it's not midnight yet. Saturday midnight is 1 minture from 11:59PM Saturday. Don't expect anything till tomorrow morning.

Ron they gave plenty of notice, look at the title of this thread:

"Scheduled site downtime Feb. 20, 5:00 PM (PST) – Feb. 21, approx. midnight"

I work in lounge pants

. . . makes it easier to 'filter' sales

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

I think they gave us good enough advance notice, and it clearly states that they will be down until midnight on the 21st (at least that's the way I understood it). If it means that this is going to improve things overall, it will be worth it in the long run. Let's just be patient and see what happens when they come back online

Come on CJ

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Performics is also down since 7p.m. central time Friday and their login screen clearly states that they did not expect it to be down for more than 6 hours.

"The crowd has no hands." - Soren Kierkegaard

I agree IF it is going to improve things. BUT I have not seen any such improvements lately.

CJ is down too often for too long a period of time. It is unacceptable and annoying. No other network I know does this. There must be another way.

Couple that with the parasites that are allowed under the guise of being compliant and I can understand why people are turning to independant affiliate programs every chance they get.

Tsk, don't those day creatures know that midnight is the START of the day? It's WAY AFTER midnight the 21st right now!

The next midnight is the 22nd! So turn it on, CJ...

(All you who don't think that's right--look at the date on your computer clock when its time turns to midnight, you'll see that's also when the date changes )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast