Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Are they able to access their accounts and do business as usual? Has it had any effect on the merchants?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Yes, I'd be curious to hear from them about this too.

Maybe they don't fully realize it, but we can't build sites if we can't access CJ. This weekend when CJ was down I built a site for a ShareASale merchant and a Linkshare merchant. That's two sites I did not build for a CJ merchant. Loses like this can't be measured, but they are occuring.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

I am sure it affects all parties involved.

ABW Ambassador
    Gee, I sure hope that WhenU, 180Solutions and the rest of the CJ parasites aren't affected in the long run by this.

Kip

They strategically do it on weekends, so any effect would be minimal.

If they gotta do it, they gotta do it. I don't understand why affiliates are exaggerating this update issue.

Could it be that most affiliates still have j*bs and do most of their affiliate work on weekends?

How strategic is that?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

posted February 23, 2004 11:35 PM
    "They strategically do it on weekends, so any effect would be minimal.

If they gotta do it, they gotta do it. I don't understand why affiliates are exaggerating this update issue. "

I am very sorry and completely ban me from these forums if you want to but...... HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS is completely and rediculously STUPID!!!!!!!!

CJ just completely and utterly ......sucks...

The sales are not even close to being posted.. and it's days later.

If the sales WERE posted... they would be reversed.. (because all of the CJ merchants have flewn the coop)

Almost all affiliates do have actual jobs. Someone does have to be responsible for the lawn being watered.

I would just love it ...or ...levette... if Elvis appeared and saved our souls......(or Lyle Lovette)

If we don't get some kool rules ourselves...... pronto........ then we'll just be bogus too.. ~Jeff Spicoli~

quote:
    so any effect would be minimal

Minimal to who? Just minimal for CJ, that's who. They schedule the downtime when most of their employees are off so they don't have downtime for when they are paying employees.

I understand their reasoning, but it does not always work well for us affiliates.

strategic ?? - I find that my best days are friday thru monday - which makes me think that this is the time when most folks are shopping - so wouldn't you want to work on a system during the slow time - like maybe tuesday thru thursday ?

Weekend is always lower in clickthroughs and sales for me.

Weekends are always much slower for me, too. Most people seem to shop online from work.

As to how this down time has affected different groups:

Customers. I don't think there has been any impact. Tracking, clicks, and sales don't appear to have been affected by the downtime.

Merchants. I think there has been a minimal impact on merchants. They couldn't log in over the weekend, but I think most AM's work M-F 8-5. Of course there are exceptions. Since it came back up, reporting has been the only area locked out (other than the slow speed and periodic times where it's so slow that we can't log in). I think merchants probably spend much more time on email and the phone than in the CJ interface. I doubt that merchants have been affected much.

Affiliates. Once again, we are getting the brunt of this downtime. Most affiliates work heavily on their sites on weekends. The lack of reporting is a bit annoying and makes it hard to measure results, but is not as big of an issue as many are making it out to be. Creating sites, pages, and links is the big thing that affiliates need to be able to do. The down time has slowed us down but not stopped us. Existing links still generate traffic.

That's my take on it.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Ok I have to edit my response because I was just able to login however they never sent my Sunday Mailer, and reports will be down THROUGH today the 24th!

I was not able to login all yesterday on the merchant side. I would call this pretty inconvenient for merchants too.

Lizabeth Sorensen
    518-233-7431
    AIM: emerchantconsult
    liz@eMerchantConsulting.com
    www.eMerchantConsulting.com

"Affiliate Program Management for Merchants"

Can't be too carefull with these reports ya know! Won't want too many sales reported that Whenu, 1800 and ncase didn't get credit for.

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

Even though I like CJ as a solution provider, I must say THIS SUCKS! My clients need access to transaction information and I need access to my affiliate base. A one day downtime is liveable but this is already downright horrid. There are obviously many problems with the new members area java coding as the servlet errors all showed memory overflow which is basically like your computer freezing. What happened to QA testing??

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    > SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

quote:
    What happened to QA testing??

Good Point!

Perhaps this is the real flaw in CJ's upgrades. Way too often we see these glitches after a new deployment. Surely there is some way they can invest in more equipment or more time testing before they deploy.

What is scarey is that CJ grows bigger and bigger, product demployments (and just what is that anyway), seem to take longer and longer with more problems each time. Just what can we expect a year from now when CJ is much, much bigger?

[This message was edited by 7-days on February 24, 2004 at 10:13 AM.]

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    quote:
    Just what can we expect a year from now when CJ is much, much bigger?

If these problems continue, growth won't be a problem.

"The crowd has no hands." - Soren Kierkegaard

I think QA testing is a new concept for CJ. Might have to walk them through it a few times before they catch on to it.

I can't think of ANY upgrades or scheduled maintenance that CJ has ever performed that went as planned, on schedule, without problems afterward!

Not a good track record at all...

I'm sure our frustration is mirrored at CJ too, but that doesn't make me feel better about it.

Andy

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Back to the original post - Yes this is effecting us merchants. Some of us do spend time on Cj on the week-ends checking to make sure there is money in the account, making sure questions are being answered, and so on. When we can't get in because the system is down it creates problems for us too. Especially when we get back into the office - Yes I do typically work 9-5 M-F. I have to strictly rely on the reporting to provide for internal revenue reports WEEKLY!, and if that is down or reporting is delayed my butt can be on the line.
    If I decide to move onto something else like contacting/communicating with our affiliates, I can't get in because the system is running so slow you can't even open up a affiliate profile? How am I supposed to work effectively to help provide our affiliates with the tools they need?

Enough from me, but please understand that this effects everyone in Cj that is working hard to make something of their affiliate program.

C

15 years and counting
    As far as I remember, this upgrade is the 7th, I've been going thru.
    And all of them were a disaster, one way or another.
    This one is not worse than the others.
    I can't get in anymore. Reporting is at least 12 hours behind. Last time I was able to log in, they were processing sales from the 23rd around 9pm.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I can't even access the site at all now.

I try to go there and it just hangs and never resolves.

Ughhhhhhhhhh

~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Currently, I'm able to get in (sometimes), but I'm not able to see reports or approve transactions. When I AM able to get in, it does appear as though transactions are being tracked, because I'm seeing my balance continue to drop.

After 2 days... I'm getting a bit nervous.

Chris Park
    Affiliate/Partnership Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

One way it is effecting the merchants = if I can't log in, I can't work - If I can't work with CJ the OTHER Networks get my time and more pages.

One good thing - the Akiva PSC - that helped a lot and those merchants are getting my time, not only this weekend but this week.

Sorry to all the other merchants..

To CJ - come on - if you can't do better than this, you need to hire someone who can!

To BeFree - can you please send some of your guys over to CJ and get things up and running?

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Same with me. I haven't been able to get in since 9:00 am EST today. Yesterday was crap too.
    I spoke to Cj this morning and they said that they were waiting for the engineers to come in and fix the problem....whatever....I'm sure I won't be able to get in for the rest of the day.

Do they not have engineers who can come in and work during the night?

Catherine - thanks for the update, it is nice to get any little bit of information as to what is going on. It is so disapointing that we have not heard anything from CJ themselves. Obviously, from the comments in this thread, both affiliates and merchants are starting to get nervous about CJ's abbility to perform.

Surely CJ sees what bad PR this is for them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast