Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Okay, CJ, it's time to be honest with us and tell us just what the heck is going on this week. It is so inappropriate that you are not reporting sales for this long without an honest explanation. Here we are into the weekend, with CJ office closed and not knowing what is going on.

Come on CJ!!!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Yes come on CJ!!!! Also please update the message and let us know how long this is going to take.

Things are reporting in realtime now, but I would estimate that about 30% of Thursday's transactions are still missing. This isn't just a guess--I have reason to believe this number is highly accurate.

It'll be interesting to see if these transactions post over the weekend, or if they are lost forever.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Reporting was temporarily delayed [Last updated: Feb. 14, 8:30 AM (PST)]

I don't know what's going on, although I only gave CJ merchants about 470 clicks this month, I sold nothing.... This NEVER happened before.

Well, I will take all of the remaining links off by Monday and that's the end of it.

this is pure BS. Cj you better update sales soon, because as the way it's going. CJ sucks! yes you can hear that good. cj sucks, something is not right. 3rd day of non reporting. this is full of *****. Sorry for grumbiling but this is the worst I have ever done with cj, not only that but your lack of reporting is causing me to be short for rent this month. Thanks for nothing! Todd can we have an update please??? my reporting is about %80 off. Yes I'm missing %80 of my earnings compared to last month. Feb should of been a better month then Jan! okay... I'm going to work on more sites..

freedom, it's not freedom till you build a business model where you can leave and the commissions will still be there. :0).

Merchants! As long as you are partnered with parasiteware you will not be listed on my site.

6. ABW Ambassador
    I think they are being honest. They've admitted they're in bed with WhenU. ("As long as a publisher is in compliance with the CoC, we may or may not promote them or other publishers to our advertisers. ") They've admitted they're in bed with 180 Solutions ("still active in our network so I assume they are compliant.") Given these admissions, I'd guess that they are simply having technical problems with reporting. The lack of sales are probably simple "compliance" issues.

There should be a 12 Step program for Networks addicted to Tricksters. The first step is admitting that there is a problem. They're not being dishonest. It's called denial.

Wayne

quote:
    There is still a delay, however, in the processing of your performance incentives.

Bull****!!! It's not just performance incentives that are delayed. Where are my sales from Feb. 13??? Sales are coming in for today, but everything after 4 am yesterday morning is missing.

And what about an honest response here about what happened?????

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, it stinks. but at least unlike linkshare they are somewhat admitting to the problem.

I can't wait for the real mess as more BeFree clients follow ebay and move over. I am sure that won't affect tracking....

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    According to cj.com:

It's just a white spell.

carneol

Is anyone else missing sales from Feb. 13 or is it just me?

quote:
    There should be a 12 Step program for Networks addicted to Tricksters

Wayne

hello, my name is ---- and I'm a Greed-a-holic . . .

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

ABW Ambassador
    A Valentine's Message for CJ

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

Okay, time for another explanation Todd. What is going on this time?

As I live near CJ I think I'll look in the newspaper tommorow to see if they have a listing for datacenter manager - this is complete bollocks.

I truly do understand the problems of doing system upgrades - hell I do at least two a month - but failure to comunicate with the user base is a major NO-NO.

I'm going to catch the tail end of happy hour - and then maybe vent some more.

The only problem I have is that you go and check your stats at the time they said it would all be up and running only to find you have to wait another 24 hrs again and again and again. Just tell me it's all f*c*ed-up and stay away for a week. I can live with that but this wild goose chase is crazy.

Well I just came back from happy hour (ok a looong happy hour!) to find that one of my sql servers had died - no problem - I've written some code to allow the few transactions that I get in a day now (about 10K )to fail over to another box.

So the few visitors that I get through after the last google update can still get through. But I still have all 50 sites up and running, granted the time to serve is not as good as it should be, but at least the customers can find products.

So I'll spend the rest of the night and probably tommorow rebuilding a box and a couple of raids - and I miss out on some sleep - big deal.

BUT I plan for these sort of problems - like any professional outfit does - shit does happen.

Come on Todd - spill the beans and tell us what's going on - we all know about problems - of every sort - but lurking on the board (like you where at 9:50 pm pacific) and not giving us an update is very lame.

quote:
    Come on Todd - spill the beans and tell us what's going on

Yes, what exactly IS going on? What happened, why did it happen and what is being done to see that it does not happen again? Information like that would sure sooth the savage beast about now.

When we deployed the international project this weekend, reporting needed to be turned off. Once the deployment was done, we needed to consume all of the txns from Friday evening through Sunday, plus all the txns that were still coming in on Monday. It took longer than anticipated to get caught up.

We still need to consume the batch txns that were sent since Friday. We should be 100% caught up sometime later today.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    It doesn't instill very much confidence in a network when you get a Page Cannot Be Displayed Error. Todd, your company owes your constituency a status update on your website.

Are you afraid someone you don't want might see it?

Let's be professional please.

The errors are intermittent and do not effect most users. We are working to correct these issues.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Well, that's nice. Did the engineers have a nice weekend? I guess, they don't DO overtime in California. Very benevolent.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Todd,
    Any new news? I can seem to login again, and if am able to get in I keep getting error pages.

Catherine,

I am able to log in and have not seen any errors. What are you trying to do that is generating errors?

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Well, it only took over 200 postings by ABWer's in nearly a dozen threads and a few thousand page views before we see some steady responses here to our questions.

THANK YOU!

I know CJ is the official place for communication, but when CJ is broken (and I still can't log on), it is important to have someone here giving us a status report on a regular basis. Perhaps, if you are too busy, you could assign someone to pop in here every few hours and just give us a simple status report. This person would not respond to any questions or criticism, just provide a regular update. How hard would that be?

"Well, it only took over 200 postings by ABWer's in nearly a dozen threads and a few thousand page views before we see some steady responses here to our questions."

I can understand the frustration that a lot of affiliates are experiencing. It's always annoying with tech. jobs take longer than one expects. However...

don't people on this forum have a LIFE?

Instead of trying to check your stats. every few minutes, why not take a deep breath and go for a walk in the park, read a book, go to the opera or, perhaps, just possibly perhaps, raise some money for the millions of people in the third world who are starving.

The world's too beautiful a place to be hanging around these forums complaining if a part of ONE affiliate network is not working for a few days. Chill out!

If you must be online, then aren't you guys promoting merchants on several networks? That's what I and most super-affiliates I know do. Therefore, if one merchant is down for a few hours or days, there's plenty of other stuff you can be working on.

Like I said, it is frustrating, but I'm sure the guys at CJ are not lieing on the beach while their site is experiencing major hitches. I've spent my whole life working in computers and have a formula that if I expect something to take one hour or one day it usually takes four hours or four days. CJ - particularly with their stance on scumware - are not my favourite network in the world, but all these hundreds of messages about a relatively minor thing are just laughable.

Nadeem Azam
    No1Free.com - promote your website for free
    Azam.biz - go here to develop a residual income stream

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast