View Poll Results: When will CJ really come back up?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh, shucks, it will come up on time you silly nilly!

1 2.08%
  • It surely won't be any later than a few hours!

6 12.50%
  • I bet my top earning site it will come up tomorrow morning!

1 2.08%
  • Everyone who knows anything knows it will be tomorrow evening!

11 22.92%
  • Sadly, it will be sometime later this week!

29 60.42%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Okay, we might as well entertain ourselves while we wait and see what happens with CJ. Let's all participate in this nonscientific poll to determine when all the following criteria work at CJ.

1. It will come back up with all reporting all caught up.
    2. You can actually log on without an error message.
    3. All banners showing up correctly.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

ALL TOGETHER, NOW!

Oh, they never returned,
    No, they nerver returned.
    And, their fate is still unlearned.

They will ride forever
    On the internet highway,
    The network who never returned

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

I think it'll actually be tomorrow afternoon.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    It now says Friday, the 27th.

I work in lounge pants

Trust,

THAT'S NOT FUNNY!!!

I was so quick to believe it I actually rushed to the CJ site to check the alert. Dang, you got me on that one.

Lol Trust

Ron,

quote:
    It will come back up with all reporting all caught up.

See anything wrong with that statement??? SHouldn't it read ;

It will come back up with all reporting that was caught?

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

What is so sad is that currently 42% of the voters believe that CJ won't come up fully until later this week.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    I would have voted in the poll, but there is no option for "sometime next month", which starts in 7 days.

Maybe we need a poll asking why people think it is taking so long to get the system back up. The choices could be:

1. An honest mistake that even the best engineers at NASA could have made
    2. A suicide bomber attack on CJ HQ by Al Quida on Saturday.
    3. Total incompetence
    4. They hired Microsoft programmers to do the job (which overlaps with choice #3 above)

"The crowd has no hands." - Soren Kierkegaard

none of the above - CJ will be back when the spyware functions correctly

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

Inside info.Top secret.

no-r-ton decided that blocking the CJ links and banners was not enough.

Now, no-r-ton will block the network until Feb, 29th.

This is privilege information for your EYES ONLY, don't share with others or you will be blocked too.

xxx.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    why people think it is taking so long to get the system back up.

Because a "product deployment," "upgrade," or any other thing causing downtime at CJ *ALWAYS* has progressed with the speed of a municipal project.

CJ's not the only place that happens. I've seen delays enough in plain old general experience that I rarely pay any company's ETA projections any heed.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

[This message was edited by Leader on February 24, 2004 at 01:19 AM.]

Sales are coming in but still delayed by hours, my lasted was Event date : 23-Feb-2004 08:26 PST Posted date : 23-Feb-2004 21:52 PST. Roughly another 13 hours of reporting to come.

Upgrade and do it at the pace of CJ's eyes ... bad
    Upgrade and do it right ... priceless!

I know what they are doing ... give them a damn break --- you'll be yelling how great they are in a few.

CJ ain't going anywhere but up!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

quote:
    Originally posted by Mr. Sal:
    _until Feb, 29th_

No, actually they would have to by the 29th But SHHHHH!

Haiko

but

Haiko

Haiko's reply:

"I know what they are doing ... "
    "give them a damn break "
    "you'll be yelling how great they are in a few."

What?
    Why?
    When? (a few days,weeks,months,years?)

Why does any affiliate still support this company? They carry out more "maintenance" on their site than a Russian Lada would need, they do business with some Merchants that most of you do not approve of and their "voice" on these boards has all the skills of a politician! Be honest, if you were married to someone like this you would have got a divorce a long time ago!

I stopped applying to new Merchants through CJ about a year ago and have direct links with many of them. There are some very good Merchants with CJ and I hope they take the direct route as well in the future (I'm sure many would like to).

I refuse to whinge anymore about how slow they are, or the tactics they use. Everybody has a choice, you can either accept them (warts an 'all) or not. But to suggest that affiliates should "give them a damn break" is asking a bit much. What have they done recently to warrant such generosity?

There are many interesting and useful comments available on this board, but the "CJ" section is rarely one of them. I don't often visit now (thank God I hear some people say), but when I do, I see the same old comments about CJ everytime! It might make you feel better to get it off your chest, but has it achieved anything in the last year? Personally, (or should I say IMO?)you are giving yourselves some unnecessary stress.

Chill out guys, I'll see you next year!

"Why does any affiliate still support this company?"

Because after so many years affiliated with that company, some of us feel like we're realated.

"if you were married to someone like this you would have got a divorce a long time ago!"

Maybe not, because married couples suppose to be together in good times and in bad times.

Even with all the stuff going on at CJ., I still like that company, in about 5 years I have not had any problem there that was not fixed to my satisfaction, who knows in the future but, for now CJ still my favorite network, even with some recent defects.

If you hang around here long enough, you may understand why some things are not what they look like.

Sal.

Hi Sal, I'm pleased that your relationship with CJ has been to your satisfaction. I'm sure there are a few people like yourself who feel they are gaining some benefit and that's important. For many, it's not so much a feeling of being related, but more a kind of "habit?"

Your comment of "..married couples suppose to be together in good times and in bad times." is admirable of course and probably will have the ladies queuing up to marry you, but not everyone has your patience (which is probably why I've been married 3 times!)

You mentioned that "I have not had any problem there that was not fixed to my satisfaction" yet recently you encountered the old problem of cheques being sent out in envelopes that were not sealed. This problem has been around a long time and does not look like it will ever be fixed. Your solution (not CJ's)was to accept payments direct into your account and this is what most affiliates have to do. Fix the problems themselves!

You stated that "If you hang around here long enough, you may understand why some things are not what they look like." Unfortunately, I have come to understand that many things in this world are not quite what they seem. My experience in business and politics have revealed many things that I'm sure would shock the average person in the street. Never believe all you see and hear, some people have few scruples when it comes to filling up their pockets or being elected into a position of power (this is a general comment and not directed at anyone in particular!)

Anyway, I wish you continued success and hope that others will share in your good fortune.

Hmmm...yet another reference to February 29th!

And kind comments about CJ from Haiko, in spite of their stance on parasites...

And their enforcement of the CoC!

Something's going on...ONLY 5 DAYS LEFT!

Andy

quote:
    Originally posted by JJJay:
    Sales are coming in but still delayed by hours, my lasted was Event date : 23-Feb-2004 08:26 PST Posted date : 23-Feb-2004 21:52 PST. Roughly another 13 hours of reporting to come.
    My latest transaction was about 10 hours delayed, so they're getting closer. I'm surprised they didn't catch up more overnight. I suspect that their databases are probably very poorly optimized.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Regarding the comments on the last page about CJ, I love them too and feel they offer a great system for affiliates....when it works.

The folks at AAQ are the best!!!!

My beef with CJ has always been their lack of timely communication with us. Obviously there is more going on here than a simple "product deployment" and when they don't communicate with us well.......well, I get just a tad bit short tempered. If my host was doing this, I'd change hosts. If my bank was doing this, I'd change banks. But, ah yes, I also feel a bit related. Unfortunately, I feel bad for my relatives in the CJ family (the merchants). It is because of the wonderful relationship (oh, and the money of course) that I have with several merchants at CJ that I hang in there.

Bar is open in the chat room folks. Like any good bartender, I'm there for you. Come on in...surely CJ will take care of your tab at the bar.

ABW Ambassador
    For some hours I was able to see stats and reports, but now I can not even login.

carneol

Anyone else besides me getting REALLY, REALLY, NERVOUS about having the reports not being shown for the last 3-4 days? As in, there could be A LOT of missed transactions?

Currently, I'm able to get in (sometimes), but I'm not able to see reports or approve transactions. When I AM able to get in, it does appear as though transactions are being tracked, because I'm seeing my balance continue to drop.

After 2 days... I'm getting a bit nervous.

Chris Park
    Affiliate/Partnership Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

carneol,

I'm with you. As of 8:15a PST I can't even log in any more, let alone try to access a report.

CJ may be doing meaningful work (per Haiko) but the service levels (none) they're providing us is unacceptable. Not being able to run our business for days (as it relates to CJ) is an embarrasment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast