Does anyone have any solid proof showing how we are loosing commissions to parasiteware with PacSun.com. Haiko posted a movie from Sept 03. Does anyone have anything recent? I want to try to make a group effort to get PacSun to stop working with the parasites. I spoke with Glenn Wilk a few times and it appears that Pacsun doesn't appreciate the severity of our concerns. Maybe a group effort would persuade PacSun???

[This message was edited by kellmk on November 23, 2003 at 11:59 PM.]

Ok
    Lets start with some unity, the PacSun stores do not have unity within there own corporation how do you think we are going to get them to do anything else other than obtain sales?

SandraR

kellmk,

He's just "playing stupid" again, he knows!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I spoke with PacSun a number of times during summer and fall of 2002, never got past, 'What is a parasite' and 'We will look into that'. In my opinion, I think they are more than aware of the issues and choose to do nothing.

- - - - - - - - -
    A page a day keeps the creditor away!

There is no doubt in my mind that they know the issues regarding scumware. It's a real shame they won't boot the scumware because in theory their affiliate sales most likely increase. Most of the affiliates on this board will not do business with PacSun. I wonder if they realize that?

kellmk,

Thank you for you continued patience with Glenn Wilk and our affiliate programs. As you may or may not know, Glenn is no longer with PacSun.com. Furthermore, there are a lot of changes on the horizon. Please check out our latest posting under the "Introduce Yourself" thread. Thank you for your help and we look forward to working with you more in the future.

Josh Doehne, Rodney Rambo
    Affiliate/Partner Relations
    PacSun.com

I didn't work with Glenn as much as Rodney, so I am unclear of where he was at with parasites. But I do know Rodney seemed to want to do what he needed to encourage affiliates to work with him. He has been very fair with me and I sell $3000+ per month since I started working with them in October. My sales continue to climb and they are very available to communicate with when there are problems. Not to mention they are a brand merchant - known by thousands of buyers alone - not just what they sell - but they are a brand merchant. If I say "Pacsun" people know them just like they are a brand. Since they are cleaning up their program and getting rid of parasites, I am not sure why this thread is being posted, it makes it sound like they are continuing to use the parasiteware. and they have not only admitted to using it in the past but say they have stopped using it.

ABW Ambassador
    I replaced PacSun with another merchant in early January. If they want to clean up their act, then they should notify us, but our sales are so strong right now without them that it will take some real action to get us back, particularly with spring and summer approaching. Why go begging when there are other outstanding retailers in that space?

I agree with jimbo2002.

I used to do very well with PacSun. Then there parasite association and they refused to let anyone know they updated their product line.

I have called on behalf of many customers requesting help; neither the customer nor myself could obtain any service.

CLEAN up your act completely

SandraR

Greetings All,

Jimbo2002 and SandraR both make some valid points here. In the past you may or may not have gotten a sufficient level of help and or useful communication from the leadership at PacSun.com. As we pointed out in our previous post, there has been regime change here at PacSun.com. With that change goes all of the cloudy communication and non-action. Let us assure you, from this point forward, we are committed to helping our affiliates be successful, so that we can be successful. I encourage any of you who have questions, suggestions or comments to post them here on abestweb, or contact us directly at jdoehne@pacificsunwear.com or rrambo@pacificsunwear.com. Thank you for your feedback.

PacSun.com

Hmmmm that was probably why, the sale completely stopped from Aug till Dec '03, and all of a sudden sale begins to roll in the last week of January.

ABW Ambassador
    How come PacSun is listed in my Extended Transactions Due to Non-Payment report?

Dropping parasites is great, but...

Greetings All,

quote:
    Originally posted by jimbo2002:
    How come PacSun is listed in my Extended Transactions Due to Non-Payment report?

Dropping parasites is great, but...

Jimbo2002 raises an important issue here that many others may be concerned about as well. As we have said before, in previous posts, getting rid of parasites is just one of the many changes we are working on. With the change in leadership and the holiday season happening all at the same time, we indeed fell behind on some of our payments. We have addressed the problem on our end and it will be corrected shortly. Also, we are in the process of implementing better procedures and tracking for our payment flow, which should provide quicker payments with fewer complications in the future. Please regard our recent payment issues as an isolated incident. We thank all of you for your patience as we work toward getting all of our changes implemented. As always, if you have questions, comments or suggestions please feel free to contact us at anytime and we will do our best to accommodate.

PacSun.com

ABW Ambassador
    Can you put some contact info in your sig?

I work in lounge pants

quote:
    Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Can you put some contact info in your sig?

I work in lounge pants

Greetings All,

We have added our email contact to the digital signature below for future reference. If you would like to talk with us directly (via telephone, etc.) please send us and email with either your contact number, or an email address that we can send our direct contact information to. We would be happy to talk with you.

affiliates@pacsun.com
    PacSun.com

Greetings All,

As promised PacSun.com is officially parasite free (and have been for about 2 weeks). This should serve to strengthen our claims that we are committed changing our programs to better serve our affiliate base. We are feverishly working, both internally and externally, to implement the range of improvements we have planned for our programs. We appreciate your continued patience during this transitional period. If we can address any specific questions or concerns please feel free to contact us directly.

affiliates@pacsun.com
    PacSun.com

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread