A message from Ebay:

Dear Affiliate,

You may be aware that the volume of reported sale actions (both bids and Buy-it-Now???s) has been low during the last couple days. eBay and Commission Junction are resolving the issue and expect a fix by Friday evening (February 27, 2004). This outage began at 12noon PST on Tuesday, February 24.

We recognize that this outage impacts the number of ACRUs that your program generates as well as your ability to achieve performance incentives in the month of February. Once the bid and BIN tags are fixed, we will quickly work to determine the best method to fully compensate you for any potential lost eBay traffic. We are also working hard to make sure your February commission check reflects the transaction activities driven during the month.

eBay apologizes for any inconvenience this has caused and is working hard to remedy the situation quickly. We will continue to keep you informed as more information is available.

Sincerely,

The eBay Affiliate Team

What are they saying? That tracking has been affected? That they've actually lost the data?

Oh happy, happy, joy, joy. I'm 250 bids away from hitting the 4,000 threshold. I hope they're going to figure that one out.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

and if that was affected, how about everything else? Oh, I hope not. Those of us who hardly ever get a sale never see compensation when they offer a percentage of sales to cover loss. 0% of 0 = 0 unfortunately.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

Whatever type of "tracking" they need to determine reversals is still working, unfortunately.

eBay is turning into a big scam, it seems. Crediting everyone for bids is like dangling a carrot in front of them; you hope your bids don't get reversed, but a big percentage of them are. And there's no way of knowing if the correct person is really getting credit.

Andy

One does have to question CJ's tracking abilities after the fiasco with reporting this month. With the reporting side of their web site not fully functional 40% of the month so far, how are we to believe that the tracking part NEVER goes down. And now with ebay admitting there may well have been a problem with tracking, I really do have to wonder.

Just how does one verify that tracking is indeed working? Is there some way we as affiliates can test the system? Is there some way the merchants can test the system? Obviously someone found a flaw with the ebay's tracking...how did they do that and how can it be tested with other merchants?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Well, I can verify that there's a problem with eBay tracking. I placed a total of 6 bids from my own links during the period of December 24th through last week. Only one tracked, and that was the one from last week.

The others never showed up. CJ AAQ doesn't know what happened, either. They're still researching it. I understand this system isn't perfect, and that there are going to be hiccups from time to time. But when sales drop off with no verifiable reason, no change in SE placement, no change in traffic or clicks, something has to be responsible for it.

Andy

My sales fell off a cliff after the update...and not just Ebay. I work with around 20 merchants and they are all way, way off. I think there was/is a global tracking problem. How can we find out aside from CJ telling us. Is there a way to varify.

eBay reversals still coming through!

I'm glad at least PART of the reporting is working!

Andy

I know for certain their sales tracking is not working.

My wife (Pauline) signed up from my site a few days ago and sent in two bids for two different items, she won both of them yet there was not a cent in comission credited to me.

Ebay are a bunch of bloody cheats just like ebates and the rest of the flaming parasite comunity that the networks seem to love so much.

Gordon YouTrek.com
    All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....STAMP EM OUT!!!

I placed a few bids myself during the down period. One thing I noticed was that I kept getting the "Runtime Error has Occurred" box just about every time. Also, there seems to have been a redesign of the eBay site once you place a bid. It looks different. I'm wondering if they did some reprograming which caused the Runtime Error which caused the tracking not to happen?

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread