15 years and counting
    CJ DOWN AGAIN.
    One week without being able to do anything.
    When is it going to stop?
    I don't give a damm for their int'l features. Why can't they start a Cie for each country and have dedicated ressources.
    That must be a big loss for each merchant working with CJ. They don't see it right away, but the loss of confidence is there.
    After each upgrade or "downgrade" I'm working more with indies and leaving CJ. Am I alone?
    quote:
    The Commission Junction Account Manager is currently unavailable at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. When the Account Manager becomes available again, your most recent transactions may not yet be posted to your reports. Please allow up to 24 hours for both your Transaction and Performance Reports to be updated.

We value your business and appreciate your patience!

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I've wondered if some of the problems we've seen are unrelated to the international currency rollout, but instead have something to do with whatever it is Haiko's been hinting will happen on the 29th.

It's very difficult to not speculate about these problems.

From a merchant perspective....

Is this inconvenient for seeing results, yes.
    Is this inconvenient for our affiliates, definitely yes.
    Have sales been affected, not a bit.
    Have I received a single complaint about sales numbers being affected, not one.

I am still very confident in CJ and know that these items will be ironed out. For our affiliates, we will continue to push CJ to address concerns that are brought up to us.

quote:

In the short term, no. But when we can't build sites when it is down, some merchant, somewhere, is not getting their links put up. That is just something you can't measure, so it is easy to say "Have sales been affected, not a bit."

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    quote:

I'm not complaining about sales, by a matter of fact, I'm doing real great with old pages with CJ links showing up in Yahoo.
    But, this last week, I've not been adding one CJ link and one day or an other the indies are going to make the sale and not CJ or their merchants.

PS Ron - Same thoughts

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Ron & Zeus: Bingo.

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

ABW Ambassador
    Sales are showing up, but I can not generate website performance report for today.

carneol

I think a lot of merchants are under the misconception that their sales are not suffering right now. Well, what if their web site was not fully functional for 40% of the month...do you think they'd see an impact on their sales then? Sure they would!

This is the point I'm trying to make. Perhaps it is time for each of us to start emailing our CJ merchants (a lot of them don't come here like we do) and let them know this is just not acceptable to us. That they ARE losing money in the long run, even if they can't seen it this week.

ABW Ambassador
    What is apparent is that many of the CJ updates result in problem after problem and usually more downtime than expected after a rollout.

This does incinuate their testing environment and the procedures or resources dedicated to them lack severly. Now, if anyone is really surprised at the lack of integity with the systems they roll out for us, hmmmmmm just how good is that compliance testing group efforts, procedures and integrity?

Yup - Parasites are in compliance..........

** Have you asked for change? **

...or tracking, for that matter.

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, CJ is getting better and better... NOT!
    In the meantime, I am seeing record results with indies.
    I don't need CJ.

I'm certainly not red hot to add a bunch of new CJ merchants, and I haven't been for months. Knowing there's a good chance that CJ is going to allow other publishers to overwrite my cookie, why should I bother?

If I wanted to give away money, I'd do it on my own, I don't need someone else doing it for me. I've dropped a few CJ merchants, and I'm trying to find new merchants outside of the networks who don't allow parasites in. I know these networks are not looking after MY best interests, since the networks could put a stop to it.

Merchants will do what the networks tell them. If someone is "in compliance" according to the network, that's good enough for them. If the network said "this is wrong" it would be wrong.

I want to support the merchants who are supportive of me, and there are a lot of them out there. I don't want to work for free, or to pay for someone else's Porsche!

Andy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    For those seeking a safe haven for value-add reselling join a high conversion indy www.suspenders.com/affiliate.htm Impossible to have your work targeting efforts negated for those who qualify.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

quote:
    Originally posted by 7-days:
    quote:

In the short term, no. But when we can't build sites when it is down, some merchant, somewhere, is not getting their links put up. That is just something you can't measure, so it is easy to say "Have sales been affected, not a bit."

Ron-

I agree with you in terms of the growth of a program. I should have been more specific in that it was not affecting the sales volume from our perspective. There are definitely disadvantages in terms of grooming and partnering with new affilaites.

I was responding more towards Zeus' comments regarding loss of confidence. It affects our outlook but I understand the complications they are facing and know it is not in their best interest to sit idle and do nothing.

They are working extremely hard on these issues. If any of my affiliates have questions or concerns, they know they can raise the issue with us and I will work with CJ to resolve.

About two years ago we decided to change our affiliate program from an in-house one to a network. We applied and were approved by CJ. We paid all our fees and we were all set to go - our creatives were ready to upload. Then we received a call from one of CJ's big wigs and he told us they were going to reject our already approved and paid for account. We never really received a comprehensive answer but after 2 weeks we received our money back.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank CJ for rejecting our approved merchant or as they call it "partner" account. With the current situation at CJ I can only imagine the pain we would have experienced this month. I cannot imagine the frustration you guys must be going through right now.

If you sell lingerie, please feel free to join our program. We are a SAS merchant and we have a forum here at ABW. I will do whatever I have to do to make sure you prosper with us!

If I could buy you guys/gals a beer right now, I would. Maybe in Vegas! All I can say is Thank You CJ for not adding 1lingeriestore.com to your program. It was your loss!

Howie

Howie Goldberg
    Affiliate Manager
    www.1lingeriestore.com
    (800)206-7230
    amh@webc1.com
    www.1lingeriestore.com/affiliates.htm

and btw i can't log in to cj now

15 years and counting
    Howie, I joined your program a few day ago and I had my first sale already.

Well, all I can say is that I have finally figured out what to do with the Betty Mills data feed and I have put up probably 500 pages stuffed with merchandise in the last two days. I hope everyone is finding merchants to work on outside of CJ.

If you are sitting around waiting for them to do right by you, shame on your case.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

The entire point of CJ is to make it easier for vendors and affiliates to work together. When the facilitating site is down, the entire purpose is defeated.

Are my sales being effected? YES! If I can't update my site when my (AND NOT CJ'S!!!!) schedule allows me to, then invalid/expired links do not get changed.

The constant downtime of CJ.com is completely unacceptable.

quote:
    Howie, I joined your program a few day ago and I had my first sale already.

WTG - Zeus!
    You get em there and we'll convert!
    More on the way!!!

Howie Goldberg
    Affiliate Manager
    www.1lingeriestore.com
    (800)206-7230
    amh@webc1.com
    www.1lingeriestore.com/affiliates.htm

Kwilson,

Thanks for the follow-up response. It did clarify things and I agree with what you are saying.

Mike & Charlie: just put in the ap for suspenders

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

I'll look it over Herb as soon as it's forward to me. If approved just put up a nice display page like Nova did and let it generate traffic/sales for a few years.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    quote:
    For those seeking a safe haven for value-add reselling join a high conversion indy www.suspenders.com/affiliate.htm Impossible to have your work targeting efforts negated for those who qualify.

Not worth a crap if payments are never sent though

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

WW I sat down wednesday with Judee and sal and went through thousands of transactions to resolve your sales summary figures. Nice move ...every one of your sales order confirmation numbers were active sales ...but every one of the amounts you showed were not for those sale order #'s. Took me 2 hours to finally match a commissionable sales amount to a valid sales order number back to your order# list.

Your check was then cut and mailed. Please just keep your copy of every sales summary notice in a seperate e-mail folder. Try the simple notepad cut and paste routine to create the summary for payment you can submit at anytime.

Mike & Charlie ...

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread