I made a $0 sale yesterday from designer coutorhouse, how in the world this can happen?

Rgds,
    cowcool aka andiz

ABW Ambassador

cowcool aka andiz,

Welcome!

Haiko

That's better than me. I've sent them over 600 clicks and no sales what so ever. Time to think about killing their links.

What percent commission did you get on that $0.00 sale? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I did it! I did it! I got the $0.00 sale from Designer Couture! After only 743 clicks! I'm on my way to the $$$$$ symbol, yessirree....but not from them!

Oh, and commission king, the space for the sale amount is blank, the commission is $0.00:

Type Status Sale Commission Advertiser
    Sale New $0.00 Designer Couture House

I guess that designer couture is, as Leader says, a DOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

HOWLING DOG, OWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So I wrote politely to Designer Couture House asking if they were going to take care of the commission on this sale, and that affiliates are alarmed at the $0.00 sales (with a link to the boards here, though not the specific thread).

Here's their oh so polite reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,
    This transaction is declined.
    Sincerely,
    DCH

To their praise,they answered me overnight.

But listen up all you handbag sellers (sorry, my sense of vengence once again overcomes my sense of common sense), the only reason I was with them at all was that RafaelloTies was out of guccihandbags. Well RAFAELLOTIES HAS GOTTEN IN GUCCIHANDBAGS!!!! And RT converts, pays, and answers email also.

Singing "so long DCH, so long DCH, so loonnnggg DCH, you just can't convert" (sung to the tune of "someone's in the kitchen with Dinah).

(added)Also found this in the cj mail:
    quote:
    Subject: Zero Sales
    Date: 11/06/2001

In regard to the zero sales transaction, we''re working with our technitcal support team to resolve this matter. To fill you in the zero sales transaction is due to either a declined or invalid credit card number. Please email or call us at 714-210-2470 if you need further questions.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience
    Sincerely,
    Designer Couture House

You know, I've never had an order show up as declined or reversed! I have only seen them reversed after they show up as new.
    Some fish just don't smell good at all.

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: webmistress ]

WebMistress,

They must of sent a system wide email out. I got the same email from them. Haiko, maybe you should email all the merchants and invite them here. That way they know we are still sharing info and hopefully keep the bad eggs in check.

Packy,

In the process of compiling the email list ... kinda tough because I don't know all the specific names but I am creating the list like :

affiliate@merchant
    affiliates@merchant
    info@merchant

Hope to have the mail out by tomorrow [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Haiko

Or should I just Our boards via CJ mail? LOL

Lex would most certainly hate me (even more) then I will definately be the CJU Bandito!

Haiko

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Haiko ]

Lol, I think you already are the CJ Bandito.

You know how the chargeback % is the dollar amount of the reversal? If it is a '$0' reversal, its one reversal not about to show in the stats.

If I recall correctly, Designer Coture House's reversal rate was about 30%. Perhaps the $0 sales are an attempt to improve the graph?

f

I read somewhere probablly cj boards about a year ago about sending traffic and no sales. I have stuck by this rule and it sure makes me feel better anyway
    100 clicks no sale or lead I take the link off. PERIOD!!!!!!!
    Traffic is like gold to us smaller webmasters and so why should I give mine to the pirates (theives) called merchants that dont even make an attempt to improve their stats
    100 clicks and 1 sale or lead they are on probation for another 100 clicks
    Thats just my rule of thumb but like I said it makes me feel better [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Freetweak ]

Yes, I also watch the 100 paid clicks sent to merchants. I did have some ppc traffic to the page, but then in the google update that page bounced to new heights. And I have seen a lower CR on my pages from the free traffic, but they do still convert. Most of those 8 hundred some odd visitors I sent them were free traffic (thankfully) in the last week or two. At most it was a loss of traffic to the merchant who converts.

Continuing saga of the declined 0.00$ commission from Designer Couture House:

The reason given in the stats was...

other!!!!!

They're already off my site.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread