I just noticed that all the banners and text links for my CJ merchants are coming up as blank pages!!! I've been advertising some of these merchants on Google AdWords the whole day and I've probably been losing money on every single click. Will somebody else please check and see whether you are getting the same thing? I've just pulled all ads from Google until this mess has been cleared up.

Animal Lover
    Mine seem to be okay.

Oscar

ABW Ambassador
    everything fine on my end

I work in lounge pants

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Grumpy,

Do you have Norton Internet Security installed?
    Have you checked your hosts file?

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

No I don't have Norton Security installed and this is just happening with my CJ links. All others for LS and BF are fine. Also, I cannot log into CJ either now so something is radically wrong which is affecting my account and, more than likely, other affiliates as well. Everything was fine earlier in the day and I only noticed it just before I started this thread. AND I have cable so it's not because of a slow connection either. Damn this is all I needed right now.

I just spoke to CJ and the engineers are aware of this "hiccup" I think they called it.

I've been working on my site all day and it just started about ten minutes ago ...

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Yes I have not been able to get in recently either, but the affiliate links I have checked work, that's why I thought the missing links were maybe due to something on your computer that was blocking them.

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

We think it may be a hiccup with Cable & Wireless. We are investigating things. If it degrades further we will fail over to another data center.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Looking at the time of Grumpy's first post...
    I've been back and forth looking at pages online and offline so while I only noticed it ten minutes ago it apparently started sooner...

edited to add: I've been having some problems elsewhere online in the past fifteen minutes or so...

HazyDavy well thank God it isn't just me. I thought I was seeing things until I tried from another computer and got the same. I wonder how many other "hiccups" there are to look forward to tonight. I've always been an avid supporter of CJ but now it's reaching the stage where I'm getting fed up as well.

So, does this mean we've entered the stage when tracking IS affected? I mean, if banner ads are not working, then customers are not clicking on them, thus no tracking. Correct?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Todd the links seem to be working OK again now, so I guess the problem has been solved (WHEW!). I sure don't envy you having the job of dealing with us here at ABW but we don't have anybody else we can vent our frustrations on. . Do you foresee this link problem arising again today, or can I confidently turn my AdWords back on? Also to everyone else who responded so quickly to my post I extend a big thank you

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by 7-days:
    So, does this mean we've entered the stage when tracking IS affected? I mean, if banner ads are not working, then customers are not clicking on them, thus no tracking. Correct?:

No no no.. Sales are affected.. tracking is fine.

-------------
    The price of Open Source is your sanity

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Back to this message...
    quote:
    Site Status

The Commission Junction Account Manager is currently unavailable at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. When the Account Manager becomes available again, your most recent transactions may not yet be posted to your reports. Please allow up to 24 hours for both your Transaction and Performance Reports to be updated.

We value your business and appreciate your patience!

I just heard an techtv that there was a major internet problem in the California area.

quote:
    Originally posted by Heyder:
    I just heard an techtv that there was a major internet problem in the California area.

Sounds like Jason is uploading the pages he made over the weekend

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    JJJay's message led me to check out TechTV's website and I found this there:
    quote:
    The Net Broken?
    If you noticed your Internet connection bogging down late Monday, you're not alone. Level 3, which runs portions of the Internet's backbone, experienced hardware failures in both London and San Diego. As a result, things online slowed way down, by about 30 percent. Tonight on "Tech Live" Becky Worley offers a complete explanation.

Now if CJ could bribe TechTV to say this problem started at 7 p.m. Pacific time last Friday, maybe they could find a way to blame all their downtime on the internet itself.

"The crowd has no hands." - Soren Kierkegaard

Hello everyone. I just learned of the Norton problem and installed a trial version and sure enough when I brought up one of my affiliate sites (my number $ producer) all the affiliate links were stripped out. When I checked the product info they call it "Ad Blocker" and how it protects you from pop-ups. Well it does way worse than that. I've alerted by biggest merchant partner who is with BeFree and suggested they talk with BeFree about going after Norton (and McAfee?) to stop this idiotic thing before it gets out of hand. They'll drive us all out of business!

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread