hello all..

if a "trusted merchant" or a merchant i see a posting about on ABW claims to be "parasite free", even though they are affiliated with CJ, would they still be merchants affected by these random "upgrades" that CJ has where no one sees sales for a couple days? i guess i am asking if they are okay, even though they are on CJ, if they are "parasite-free" - or is the problem too deeply entrenched in the CJ core?

Also, a quick question on cookies. If you join a program with a 120 day cookie - what does that mean? You are locked in and get the commission any time that user goes to that site until they click another link on another affiliate site (or until the cookie is stolen or re-written by a parasite)?

Thanks.

Just trying to find a network and/or good merchants.

The cookie has identifies you as the one who sent the customer. If the customer goes back to the merchant on their own - types in the url, sent from a google search, bookmarked the merchant site while he was there the 1st time - and buys something you are supposed to get credit for the sale up to the time limit.

If the customer re-visits the merchant following a link from some OTHER affiliate, the newest affiliate gets a fresh cookie and credit.

I've been talking to alot of merchants lately and see a wide range of opinion of what 'parasite free' means to merchants. From now on, I will be talking to each individually and nailing down specifics.

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

[QUOTE]I've been talking to alot of merchants lately and see a wide range of opinion of what 'parasite free' means to merchants. From now on, I will be talking to each individually and nailing down specifics.[QUOTE]

Would any of the merchants here at ABW care to explain what "parasite free" means in relation to their program? Like web novie I don't have a handle on this. Thanks!

Ya ... I mean, I see, for example, essentialapparel.com on the Trusted Merchant list and notice that they work through CJ.

I like the reporting, etc that CJ offers.

However, I know that CJ caters towards parasites. They also seem to have "outages" where peoples sales disappear for days at a time. I wonder if these CJ "parasite-free" merchants yield any better results?

nuke, feel free to ask me any questions about EssentialApparel.com

Here is the official definition of ParasiteWare as defined on www.parasiteware.com:
    quote:
    ParasiteWare™ - is technology (including, but not restricted to, browser helpers, browser plug-ins, toolbars and pop ups/sliders) that knowingly or unknowingly undermines or removes another affiliate's ability to compete by changing, intercepting or redirecting an affiliate link. Parasiteware™ may be installed knowingly or unknowingly by the end user, altering their normal web browser functions and/or installing a third party application that works through the user's altered browser.

CJ is simply a technology provider and has no direct say or management of programs in their network. CJ's job is to track and pay - which they do quite well. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact me.

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    > SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

Do any of these merchants have eBates or Mypoints as an affiliate? And if so, are the mo-money or other similar programs disabled for these merchants?

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

thought this was a simple question too - guess I'll assume the answer to be 'yes' they particiate and 'no' the mo-money pop-ups are not disabled for these merchants

Web_Novice

web_novice,

I suggest you look in the Parasiteware forum for more specific answers. However none of the merchants I represent are partnered with eBates or myPoints.

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    > SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

Thank you! Glad to hear it. My appolizies for being impatient and I stand corrected.

Web_Novice

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I suggest you look in the Parasiteware forum for more specific answers. However none of the merchants I represent are partnered with eBates or myPoints.
    BUT CJ is SMOTHERED with parasites~!
    quote:
    CJ is simply a technology provider and has no direct say or management of programs in their network.
    BULLSHIT~!
    Brian
    aka Cyclone

Entreprenuer is French for a person who cannot hold a job~!

Well, I think Brian seems to understand this issue pretty well.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread