I encourage everyone to run the Top 50 Performing Links report in their CJ accounts for Feb, and for each of those links look at the 7 day vs. 3 month EPCs. I did this and discovered several merchants with NEAR ZERO 7 day EPCs and several other with huge drops.

Here are a few to consider:

Magazania
    3 Month EPC $4.11 USD
    7 Day EPC $0.00 USD

Shoes.com
    3 Month EPC $4.68 USD
    7 Day EPC $0.03 USD

Ebooks.com
    3 Month EPC $0.60 USD
    7 Day EPC $0.00 USD

double post

Shoes.com has been suffering from a reporting issues as covered in this thread.

Show me the money.
    Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I haven't made a single nickle from my 84 CJ merchnats in 8 days. The cookie tracker must have been captured by indians.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

quote:
    The cookie tracker must have been captured by indians.

HA! My wife and I both had a good laugh over that line.

quote:
    84 CJ merchnats in 8 days.

My Goddess!
    Well that makes me look pretty good and I hardly use CJ any more.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They obviously read this board as this morning with Zero sales my EPC went from 0.14 cents to 15.38. Now I painfully see I'm at ZERO EPC praying as I go into the reversal days that the CJ merchants took pity on affiliate 910 and whacked me while I had a balance.

Hopefully Akiva and Rick will throw me a courtesy sale they can't find an ID# for ....I'm 910

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

Peedtih,

I took a quick look last night at some merchants and was hoping for a response from either Todd or someone who might know why certain merchants are showing a funky pattern for transactions. Unfortunately the thread was closed so I'll move my posts here. Everyone, please keep the flaming under control. I'd like to get an answer to the questions. Thanks

From a previous thread:

Todd,

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just finished anyalizing every day in February and compared them to each other by day of week (i.e. Wednesdays compared to Wednesdays, Thursdays compared to Thursdays, etc.). I see no noticable changes between leads, sales, or comissions earned that would indicate there is a tracking issue on our end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats all good but I'm curious as to how a merchant like shoes.com could go so long, since the 23rd, without a problem being detected by CJ. How many other merchants are in the same boat and not being detected by the way CJ looks at stats? If CJ did detect a problem, how come the affiliates weren't notified of the problem. Things just don't add up. Thanks for any feedback Todd

From the same closed thread:

Just took a quick look through some of the merchants which to me raised a red flag. I'm sure there is probably a reason for the stats that I show on the 7 day report for each of them. Maybe the stas are wrong also But my curiousity is getting to me. Any explanations or maybe I am seeing differnt stats for these merchants.

Origins
    Bosley
    Debtadvocates
    Booksamillion
    Back-order Domain Names
    Magazania
    Jenny Craig ( 1/31 - 2/6 )

Again, when I look at the 7 day reports, they all seem to be dipping or worse. Might even be some of them are deactivated or just on a dry spell. What am I missing??? Batching maybe? I didn't post the stats because to me it's more convincing there is a problem by also seeing the graph with the stats for the merchants 7 - 30 days.

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I vae never converted much at magazania

Seeing e bay links on their site results has meant I have changed their links elsewhere.
    Wondering why conversions dropped would be a no brainer with such site leakage

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

WW,

Most of the merchants listed I don't use. I was just browsing last night and taking a look at some of them that stood out more than the others. I'm sure there are plenty more with the same patterns. I do have a mag site now though Unfortunately the only visitors are Bots that don't seem to like me any more

HOLY SHEET!!!! I just took a look at Magazania's site and see what you mean WW. Do you know how long ago they added Ebay like they have it on their site? HEading to CJ right now to drop em.

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Someone had posted in here about them

I suggest the magazine merchant in the forums here as a replacement

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Magazania is toast. I can't wait to switch out their links. I think I'll go with the SAS merchant. CJ is too dodgy.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread