Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    red ink gone in reports - now it's harder to spot reversals.

another step towards making it harder to differentiate between good and bad programs.

CJ, just as you are junking nonperforming affiliates, why don't you just let the nonperforming merchants out the door and not cuddle them. do not waste your resources on propping up nonperforming programs.

This is just [CENSORED] stupid. There is absolutely NO legitimate reason for having done this. I swear CJ just wants to brush things under the rug... "Gee, maybe if we make the reversals the same color as normal transactions, the sucke... err, affiliates won't notice how much they're being chea... err, reversed."

The amount of bandwidth saved by not having <font color="red"></font> tags is so miniscule, that can't be the problem.

Bastards.

Well, CJ doesn't bother to ask us what we think. After all, we're just the ones who have to use the program they offer. They just do it, make change for the sake of change, or for whatever reason.

Lots of the changes they've made over the past year or so make it harder for us to pick the good ones from the bad ones. The honest merchants at CJ should be furious because they don't really stand out anymore, they just blend in with all the bad ones.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    This made me laugh pretty hard this morning. I am looking at the report thinking, what isn't right? Ahhh... I see they fixed the ebay reversal problem... "fixed it good like."

I think that breaks my back on CJ, unless the removal of the color is accidental, that is such a pathetic attempt at fixing issues I am at a loss.

Chet

The prices of ink went up last month, now any affiliate that wants to see reversals in Red, must pay 1ยข per each word in color.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh!! I thought that ebay was done reversing. Very clever CJ.

I agree with you guys. In financiall reporting, losses are in red and gains are in black. I have no idea why it was changed and I will recommend to my rep that it be changed back to red.

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    > SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

Thanks, Akiva. Maybe you carry more weight with CJ than the rest of us. This seems like a basic, but somebody thought they had a better idea by changing it. Well, they didn't. I do hope this is tended to quickly.

Andy

quote:
    In financiall reporting, losses are in red and gains are in black. I have no idea why it was changed and I will recommend to my rep that it be changed back to red.
    I still need to check on this but I believe as part of our international standardization, we removed the red for negative numbers because this is not how the whole world does it. As I said, I still need to confirm this but am pretty sure this is why it changed.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    well, we in the united kingdowm use red for negative mumbers!!!

what about you all in other countries???

i have no idea whether i have had reversals or not!! stupid reports.

i also cannot keep logged in, it keeps coming up with errors.

*** And people say I'm just a housewife!!! ha ha ***

FYI - You can still run reports that only show corrected txns. If you do this, it doesn't matter what color the amounts are b/c all of them are corrections.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

OK, I checked and internationally RED = ERROR, this is why we changed it.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

We may be able to do this but the point is removing the red over complicates things.

We should be able to login, run a report and at a glance tell what are reversals and what are sales.

This goes back to basic usability like not having the "next page" link at the bottom of the page where people expect it to be, making the reports too wide to view at a normal resolution and a ton of other "little" things.

CJ may not be able to rid all the bad merchants and screwy transactions that occur. Fine, I'll give you that. But you are in complete control over the look, feel, and usability of your own site.

I've followed this forum for a long time and don't post often put this is rediculous. 90% of the angry comments are a result of poor communication and a perceived dis-interest in what we have to say.

Most of this mess could be cleared up with more frequent communication. No, you don't have to do this and you can run the company however you see fit but great communication and respect for the people that have made you a success are what make companies great.

Until you take this situation seriously and stop pandering to us like we're a bunch kids, people will continue to bad mouth your company.

The lack of respect CJ gets at this forum is a result of the lack of respect you extend to the affiliate community.

Rants Over. I'll go back to lurking.

Jeremy Wilson

Exactly!

Well said!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

A reversal is an error of sorts isn't it?

That aside, the choice is either red or black? Is someone typing these reports on an old typewriter?

If red is off-limits, then aren't there 216 other colours to choose from? Anything but black.

Incredibly stupid move by CJ.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    OK, I checked and internationally RED = ERROR, this is why we changed it.

Todd Crawford

Is that why CJ keeps going down? Because some folks in less-developed countries might be more used to that?

By the way, I think black is bad luck in Asia.

Todd,

Change reversals to a different color, then. If red is out, fine. Pick another color that will stand out. Anything but black. I would even be happy if you had the reversals in black in bold, as long as they are easily differentiated from regular transactions.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Todd, what next?

Going to list the banner sizes in centimeters?

Chet

"Is someone typing these reports on an old typewriter? "

LOL! Too funny.

"Going to list the banner sizes in centimeters?"

I love sarcasm

Let's put this into perspective. A group of people actual sat down in a room together and discussed the color of reversed transactions!

Do they monitor this forum all day and laugh at how frustrated we get?

quote:
    Going to list the banner sizes in centimeters?
    We were thinking of using parsecs.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

"red" is still the color they are selling for adding machines, when there is a credit back or some such, is it not?

Abigail

ABW Ambassador
    Todd, most of the merchants are U.S., most of the affiliates are U.S. The international community can adapt to reversals being red.
    I think there will be more complaints from affiliates both US and international from the red going to the black than the amount of complaints that it was red in the first place.
    Or find the "international, worldwide color" for reversals and then use that unless it's black
    You need to do something so reversals stick out. Put one of these next to it: or something.

I work in lounge pants

This is ignorant, just change it back, everyone who is already an affiliate is used to it, new ones will figure it out, duh.

I have submitted the request. Hopefully they will change it back or offer an alternative. I can't promise that I will get my way though.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Well, I'd prefer Periwinkle color. Haiko did a great job of making my name below my avatar periwinkle. You know, I think it would be a lot more pleasing than seeing red.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast