Guess I'm just being nosy for no reason.

[added y in many]

[This message was edited by Haiko on March 12, 2004 at 06:52 PM.]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    79 on record and about 77 of them have a page on at least one site.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

CJ: 731 and 1 pending CompUSA

Want to add started this year with over 900 - they have left CJ and converted to who knows who or they went banckrupt!

I am signed on with 277. Most of those have product links available through cj's datafeed that's why I use them.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I am at about 200
    which is too many. Have started more scrutinizing on who and which programs from cj and others get the prime real estate.
    The numbers I really promote is a much tighter group now with what they produce being the criteria vs just signing up to get another merchant in the mix.

About 70....

I was at 250+ merchants on CJ at the end of 2003. In January I reduced that number down to 73 and a lot of those 73 I've removed from my sites and just haven't "rejected" them officially. When I get thru going thru my whole list, I figure I'm going to end up with about 25. That's a far cry from the 500 CJ merchants I was with 4 years ago.

ZERO, none, nada.

Brad

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Way too many considering my pathetic conversion LOL!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well I'm down to 62 from a high of 220 several years ago. Haven't added a CJ merchant in 12 months. The network is BHO infested and the majority of tricksters seek out CJ merchants due to their never policing affiliates.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I haven't added a CJ merchant since the late great JC was a kid.

But, I have tons of old pages floating around in the place where old pages go to die. Occasionally, a sale shows up from them.

I "promote" two CJ merchants, one marginally. I am at around $80 with CJ so far this month.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Alomost 200 of them, mostly all with a feed, plus some good ones that do not have a feed but are worth some promotion
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

How many CJ merchants do I promote?

Fewer this year than last, and not adding any new ones unless they're really, really good ones.

Andy

I had well over 200, but in the last 6 months, it's dropped down to about 40 and will go lower as the conversions rates drop.

Actually, what I have found to be most profitable is to build simple content pages around a specific very competitive set of keyword - i.e health insurance, then plug in a Adsense banner, ONE known to covert merchant related to the keyword and a search box that pays you per search.

Then go to the PPC engines and find related keywords you can get for 2 to 3 cents per click and place ads in FREE classified pages.

The results are pretty good - 100 click thrus gets you about 15% CTR on the high paying Adsense links, 15% on the search box which covers the cost of some of the clicks you pay for and you make a sale and sometimes more than one.

But the Adsense click thrus and the search box earnings cover all your costs usually make you a one or two cent profit on the total traffic.
    Any sale is pure profit.

With this set up, it's not hard to make $100 plus PROFIT per month per page - depending on the amount you pay per click and the commissions per sale.

JJ

quote:
    Originally posted by Jersey Jean:
    Then go to the PPC engines and find related keywords you can get for 2 to 3 cents per click and place ads in FREE classified pages.

Interesting way to make a profit...what PPC engines do you use that will let you advertise keywords for only 2 or 3 cents?

Wow, am I far behind you guys. I belong to a couple dozen CJ programs and actively promote about half of them. Not very aggressively, but I still make sales for CJ regularly, which is more than I can say about most Linkshare programs. I have a content site so I only focus on things related to my content.

I use goclick, lookquick and I have a lot of grandfathered prices on find what.

There are lots of 2 and 3 cent words available for slots 8 to 15.

Goclick has 40 listings on each page, so it's not hard to get a good lisitng on 'phrases.'

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread