We recently applied for affiliate arrangements with Dollar car rental and were required to register with CJ. After jumping though all the hoops and reading that our site would be evaluated, we checked email and sure enough it was already there. It said:

"Dear xxxxx xxxxx,

We regret to inform you that your application for a publisher
    account in the Commission Junction network has been denied
    due to ineligibility for membership.

Only bona fide business customers may apply and Commission Junction reserves the right to reject any application that does not meet
    reasonable Internet business standards, as such standards may
    evolve over time.

Regards,

Client Services
    Commission Junction"

Now perhaps some of the extraordinarily intuitive execs at CJ can tell us that how, within a space of perhaps 1 second, they were able to discern that a firm in business for 30 years had suddenly regressed to not being "bona fide" or how we do not meet "reasonable Internet business standards."

And perhaps one of the PR whiz folks can explain why any firm would want to send out such rude correspondence.

CJ, I shall be rooting for your demise.

BTW, we continue looking for a car rental affiliate that pays reasonable commissions and does not work through CJ, for our international airport services site. If someone know of one, please post the particulars.

I'm guessing right now that you were auto-rejected because the program does not accept publishers from Thailand.

"I'm guessing right now that you were auto-rejected because the program does not accept publishers from Thailand."

You may be right, which raises additional questions ... if that is actual fact (the program does not accept publishers from Thailand) but wouldn't that reply have been more acceptable than the one they sent?

But the web site is on a server in the USA. WWW does mean "world"ww, perhaps CJ needs ... nah ...

Whatever happened to *world* wide Web?

World Wide Web? nice concept.

more like Who We Want

ABW Ambassador
    Another example of CJ screwup?

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Me and others like yourselelf have complained about this repeatedly

Even being Canadian, the US' largest trading partner the auto reject is used since anyone outside the US doesn't seem to exist to some.

If they don't target anything but US traffic, adding in a US only disclaimer on a site is far better than just pissing us off with the auto rejects.

It's their loss. If really important, send them an e mail, some will allow if they know you are serious about joining, especially if it is a niche and you have no alternatives.

Otherwise I move on and find other merchants who are more open to truly working with an affiliate, not just being based on a country of preference

ABW Ambassador
    Try expressing an interest in the WhenU scumware program. The pimps assigned to this account might give you a more cordial reply.

Wayne

Each advertiser sets their approval methods. Some have auto reject based on certain countries. Others require manual reviews and some automatically accept all affiliates that apply. These rules are individual to each advertiser's program. CJ has nothing to do with their approval methods.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Well, if that is the case, then CJ's marketing team needs to rewrite its rejection emails. The message quoted *clearly* states that CJ is the party doing the rejection, not an advertiser.

It does NOT say "...the advertiser you have applied to has rejected your site. Commission Junction regrets that it cannot accept your application at this time."

Rather, it says "... and Commission Junction reserves the right to reject any application..."

Sure makes it seem that CJ is the one doing the rejecting...

-Dan
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

In any case, you don't have to go through CJ to participate in Dollar's program. They have an in-house affiliate program. Go to www.dollar.com and click on the affiliate program link, right there on the right side of the page.

I've belonged to the in-house program for years. They issue you a pseudo-IATA number and pay you by direct deposit through a popular travel agent commission program.

quote:
    Originally posted by mousesavers:
    They have an in-house affiliate program. Go to http://www.dollar.com and click on the affiliate program link, right there on the right side of the page.
    Yes but if they rejected him for being in Thailand with CJ, then they'll prolly reject him in-house as well. Worth a shot, I suppose.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread