The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Anyone know any merchants who will waive the $200 CJ datafeed fee if we sign up with them?

Anyone know the rationale behind charging me $200 for the right to do all the work to get customers to a merchant's site?

like telephone companies and many banks, there is always someone trying to squeeze a buck out of every service.

I'd even like to see the CJ product links improved. If I'm stuck with them as I can't afford better, why not make the searches less tricky? I'm finding word searches and phrases must be exact. Big difference between corn and corn stove, in fact.

ABW Ambassador
    There are CJ merchants that provide their own datafeed for free. Just go thru the CJ list on ABW and you'll find some.

ditto, sign up with those merchants, earn $10k in a month and then request the CJ feed for free
    Rosey Bear Boutique
    Dressy Children's Fashions With Style!
    5% Commission : NYS Merch : Parasite FREE
       Akoss Hosting
    We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
    Ask for details

http and a telephoto
    Hey Todd, how about a special deal on the CJ feed for ABW memebers???

There are several merchants I'd like feeds for that I am sure I could convert, but using product links and existing tools ain't cuttin' it.

How do I know? I am converting similar merchants that have indy programs and free feeds.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    There are a few CJ merchants that have forums here and offer datafeeds independently of the greedy network. BackcountryStore, Eastwood, Irv's Luggage, SeaEagle, SportsFanfare & Audible.com all offer feeds and also have the distinction of not being tainted by the parasites running rampant at CJ. There are probably a few others whom I've overlooked.

BevMo also offers a feed, but I think we're waiting to see what they finally do about the SchoolPop scumware tainting their program.

Wayne

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I believe you have to generate $10,000 in sales not earn 10k to get the feeds for free from CJ.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Anyone know the rationale behind charging me $200 for the right to do all the work to get customers to a merchant's site?

I think it's an anti-noob hurdle meant to keep those who wouldn't know what to do with it--and wouldn't bother to find out--from signing up for the feed.

While there are some who are under that threshhold who would be able to make good use of it, there are many more who will never bother giving it a serious attempt. As I recall, CJ was sick of setting it up for those nonserious people who never used it (or who tied up the AAQ department with basic questions, only to end up not using it after doing so) so they put the fee on.

I remember before they implemented the fee, there would be questions here like "now what do I do with it?" and "It's just a list of products and links?" so I can see CJ's point of view.

At least CJ's fee is only $200--I've heard that Performics charges A LOT more, and their hurdle to get it free is twice as high too!

Added--> DFLSports is right--at CJ it's $10k/month in *sales* to get the free feed.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Yeah, thats what I meant SELL $10k
    Rosey Bear Boutique
    Dressy Children's Fashions With Style!
    5% Commission : NYS Merch : Parasite FREE
       Akoss Hosting
    We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
    Ask for details

ABW Ambassador
    I'd be willing to pay even more than the two hundred bucks if they were willing to stop pimping for WhenU. As it is, the parasite-free merchants I promote offer free feeds, so why pay CJ one cent more than they deserve?

Wayne

I spent a year(!!!) making individual product pages manually for a Linkshare merchant. Then he tells me about datafeeds which were about the same as CJ (about $250).

I said too late.

Then another merchant offered to waive the LS fee if I join them. I did - and now have ALL the LS datafeeds at no charge.

Now that I've finally "mastered" webmerge, I want to add Walter Drake's products, but don't want to pay $200 for the privelege!!

I'm not cheap! It's just that their products sell for about 4 dollars - and at 10 or 15% commission, I'd have to sell a LOT of their products to recoup.

I just checked...

I sent them $6,674.77 two months ago
    and $6,510.77 last month

I'm at $3,745.45 so far this month...

so I'll keep pluggin' away 'till I reach the magic $10,000

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I think Perfomics does not charge anymore for datafeed access?

DFLsports,

Can you elaborate further regarding Performics no longer charging for datafeeds? Where do we sign up, or who do we contact.

TIA,
    ATKOgirl

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Just send an email to affiliates @performcs.com However, they only start you out with 3 feeds to see how you do.

I do wonder what the feed situation will be now that Befree and CJ are merging

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread