When I opened the thread "How are March sales so far?", I thought I better not reply. But March had started out with a bang, and sales were going pretty well for me, so I replied thinking that would be encouraging news to others...

Well, since the my sales have plummeted. these last couple of weeks I've been lucky if I got two sales a day....a few days have gone with no sales at all...which hadn't happened to me in well over a year...

Now I'm reading posts all over ABW about sales plummeting for so many people...talk of aff marketing being too crowded...on it's way out....dying, etc.

This can't happen just as I was starting to do well! It's not like I just can close my shop up and go get a regular j*b. That's not an option for me....

So I have to cross my fingers, pray that all these predictions of doom and gloom are wrong....and keep making new sites...

It's pretty late, I'm tired...I hope I am in a better mood tommorrow.

Sorry for the rant. I needed to vent, and no one in my RL understands!

Hang in there Netsu, I've been hit pretty badly too but the only way out is up.

It's disappointing after the fabulous start in March but it's not the end, just a pothole on the superhighway

ABW Ambassador
    Netsu

try running your shop like a business, not a personal project. that should detach yourself from being too emotional to the ups and downs, and should give you the energy to go forward even when things are not going well. imagine yourself as a CEO trying to turn around an ailing company or steering it through downtimes.

or play it like a game, giving it 100% of your efforts even when in tight positions, and enjoy.

But first thing off, find out what's really going on. knowing the problem is already half the solution.

good luck

My sales are down the drain too. Interestingly, my other website which hasn't been listed in Google in many months started to generate more & more revenue. Most of its traffics are from Yahoo.

If your sites aren't doing well, why keep making new sites. May be time to find out how to improve the ones you have.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    One thing I learned very quick is this business is a roller coaster beyond anything we could conjur up
    I have a credit site that took a hit last update. yet I have gift sites and another country specific site traffic is up on
    Between all the programs indies and networks, my sales continue to grow.
    My goal was to keep the extra traffic generated from the holidays and see continued traffic and continued growth rather than just watch my numbers slip back to pre christmas.
    Some of my programs suck and have generated below expectations, others above.
    I just keep trying a diversified mix of sites
    I even took the plunge and bought into an e store. Whether or not I make any money at it time will tell.
    Much as I have diversified and changed my offline agency, I am trying different things online also.
    I wasted $85 cnd on INK so I figured a $65 cdn a year site, where they just cut me cheques on the profits, and profit margins are well above a standard affiliate program's was worth trying out.
    My own opinion is that I want to be prepared if algos change and sites get hit hard as some are seeing.
    I refuse to leave all my eggs in one basket as I don't see doing such a smart business plan.

Netsu,

Sorry to hear this. I've seen many people in such a predicament come out of it and get back to where they were. It may take some time and effort, but YOU can do it!

Let me know if you need my help with anything.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

Netsu,

Akiva is right. Hang in there and figure out how to move back up. You will!

Let the AM's you work with help you.

Cheers,

Beth

What Jane said....

Plus, Ya might want to put some of your eggs outside of the CJ basket... JMHO

Netsu,

I'm with you on about posting in the other thread. Sales with CJ have taken a dive since I posted in that thread When will I learn. I'm looking at a shutout today and things have been dead since last Thursday
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Thanks for all your replies guys! This isn't the first time something like this has happened to me, but so far I've gotten out of the slump in better shape than I was before, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that will happen this time too (for all of us!).

I'm working in the sites I have, plus some new ones. And I'm putting plenty of eggs outside the CJ basket. But it's too soon for those sites.

Thanks for the offer, Akiva, I think I'll take you up on it!

Packy, do you think we've leaned our lesson and will keep quiet the next time things go well for us?

Probably not!

I think we should stop mentioning it when we get sales. CJ is probably spying on us and, when they think we are getting too complacent, they turn the faucet off for a while just to keep us on the hop!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well my 7 day EPC is down to $0.48 even with the help of my CJ ABW merchants. Maybe this rant will get that wheelchair off my reporting cord. If not then I'll have to find that phone number to the Israeli helicopter pilot/gunner to see if he does side jobs on other wheelchair bound perps.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

quote:
    Packy, do you think we've leaned our lesson and will keep quiet the next time things go well for us?

Netsu, Probably not like you said One thing is if things don't look right to me I will whine, stomp my feet and throw a little tantrum But on the other hand if things look normal then I'll also post that sales look normal. Of course with all the problems CJ has been having I really don't know what normal is anymore and it seems when reporting is delayed sales just seem to almost vanish
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Mike 0.48? Geez that's really bad. Why don't you let Charlie out of his cage to do some under cover work?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Charlie is hoping something turns around on sales from the same level of traffic or I won't be renting him a mate this year. It's mating season for him and he was even hoping to go to Vegas and maybe snatch a fly-by from a Mexican parrot way off course.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    or play it like a game, giving it 100% of your efforts even when in tight positions, and enjoy.

That's the way! I've thought many times that this is the greatest game on Earth! After all, there's not many places where you get to spend your score...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread