ABW Ambassador
    Everyone else may already know this, but... for those who haven't wanted (or haven't been able) to use URL redirects in the past, CJ now does it for you.

If the advertiser allows redirects, it will say so in the link detail -- and in the GET HTML window there is a button for "SHOW ADVANCED OPTIONS" (top portion of window). Click that button, copy/paste the new URL you want, click "update" and the HTML will be updated with the redirect URL (no need for you to mess with the hex code).

Forgive me if everyone else already knew this... I was just thrilled to find it.

So, if I have a redirect page at 1 second, I just paste the destination URL into the re-direct code?? What about those pesky images? They wouldn't even load on a redirect page, would they? Do I still need to put them on the redirect page? I often use my own image but I could make theirs 1X1 If it has to be there. We didn't used to have to include their images. Are they necessary now? I have been known to use my own banners linked to their "text" codes.

Is the following true now or is it just more bullroar to make life tougher?

"NOTE: You must include all the above html in your links. Any missing html, including the image source, will prevent the link from tracking properly and result in a loss of commissions."

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: SSanf ]

ABW Ambassador
    I think we're talking about different redirects (ie, I have no idea the answers to your questions)... I use the redirect feature to redirect people to different portions of a merchant's web site (like search results for a particular product line).

Sorry not to be more help, but I have no idea. :confused:

SSanf

I'll tell you one thing about redirecting the way you do it.

I do that too, and I have noticed many times that when I do it, the first few days I get sales and leads then suddenly they completely stop or I get very few leads.

I'm not sure why that is.

It's a good amount of sales and leads not just a few and they stop abruptly after just a few days.

Also from what I know of it we are taking a big chance by doing our own codes. The merchant could reverse our sales under the not so nice little rule that you must use this html exactly as it is. Bogus!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That spikeyness happens whether you redirect or not. I never redirect anybody (I'm talking about the kind of redirect Ssanf was here), and I get spikes of sales followed by a trickle, too. It's always been spikey but now it's REALLY spikey!

Last year was too long ago for me to remember if that happened around this season then or not. I know I had a different batch of merchants then, too, so what happened last year may not be too relevant anyway.

i would have to agree with leader, those sales spikes have nothing to do with redirects, last month i put up links to a couple of merchants and promoted them for the first time

i made two sales with the first merchant within 24 hours and within about 20 clicks, since then nothing but i will give them 1000 clicks and see what happens

the other merchant converted like clockwork for the first two weeks then nothing for four weeks, i took their links down when abestweb members started complaining about this merchant

The same thing happens to me All the Time
    (and I thought I was being paranoid!).

Put up a new merchant, get 2-3 sales
    a day immediately for several days, then NOTHING or just a trickle.

What could it be? I don't send out
    newsletters and only have about 20-25% return
    visitors. So it's Not because the
    merchant is "new" to "regulars".

What's (was--I have learned) really frustrating is when I see a good CR on a new merchant, then spend time setting up a specific sales page, loading it in ppclicks
    and Then the Sales drop to Zip. AAAGGGHH!

Now I wait at least a Month to see if
    the Merchant continues with good conversion.

Anne

PS: If my "avatar" is irritating, let me know and I'll change it--I chose it because that's how I feel most of the time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I can't help wondering what would happen if you dropped a merchant, then reapplied.

f

gettnthar, welcome, i like your avatar but you must get a headache if you feel like that all the time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

francis, good point

i suppose "out of stock" could be a reason in some cases, i wonder if one possible reason is that the shopper buys the product and then thinks "oh i wish i'de got one of those for aunt doris" and returns and buys the item again with the cookie you gave them and then returns to get a third one for uncle bob

i dont know if a SID would help in identifiying if this where going on

anyway, i wont make a judgement until they've had 1000 clicks unless i hear something negative about them

gettnthar,

Welcome!

Haiko

PS. If you want a "custom avatar" ( [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ) email me ( Haiko@abestweb.com )a 32X32 optimized and transparent image [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Thanks Haiko for the welcome.

I like my little whatever it is jumping
    up and down (maybe a little fire under it
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

And, yes Austin Powers -- headaches do
    happen, but I'm mostly bouncing all over
    the place all the time, I don't seem
    to notice - boing,boing,boing :eek:

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread