Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    last report 19:20 cj time ....
    nu.. is it just me ??? or the Delays problems start again ...

Looks like it... my last was clocked at 19:49 PST.

VAN.

ABW Ambassador
    transactions come out spurting within just an hour, then stops for a few hours. then spurts again for an hour, then stops again for several hours.

is tracking not working during those gaps?

ABW Ambassador
    My Last 27-Mar-2004 19:27 PST

Same here. Last one posted 27-Mar-2004 19:04 PST

03-27-2004 21:08 PST

Always nice to know I am not alone.

Still nothing showing on my end since 7:45 last night..today so far is a big zero. The clicks are tracking normally though.

At first I was concerned until I saw I was not alone again.

Same thing here.

And as usual, since this happened on a weekend there is no message at CJ regarding it. Pretty sure we won't see a message there until Monday. Always makes me worried there is no one there noticing that something has happened.

Is anyone else seeing a drop in sales on days this last week that reporting was delayed? Amazingly I only saw normal sales (nonbatched) on the one day this last week that reporting was caught up (Friday), but all the rest of the days have been way off.

Yeah, Yeah, I know...sales are still tracking, just delayed. Well, I'm a little suspicious.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Count me in at this party - last report 19:39 PST.

Ron,

This past week goes down as one of my worst weeks yet. The traffic remained constant on my site but conversion fell by close to 50%. I do have a large volume of transactions daily, so a drop of this magnitude is quite alarming. It seemed that yesterday, up until the stoppage, it was looking like things were semi back to normal.

For me, these reporting backlogs is a big problem. Especially since I usually adjust advertising throughout the day, according to how well it is converting. If there is a large time between the updates, I am flying blind, which is never a fun thing. I am patient up to a point and that point is getting closer. I have already begun investigating going internal with some merchants and if this continues in April, I will begin testing the alternatives. I was hesitant to try this due to payment issues, but have recently begun to reconsider this. Does anyone have any experiences with internal systems and how timely their payments are sent?

Hopefully, things will improve and they will fix it and I will not have to go down that road.

Transactions are not getting lost however this is getting to be pretty annoying! Graphs are all messed up with half the transactions for one day reported on the next etc. Annoying
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

PM777,

When you speak of internal systems, do you mean independents, those not with a large network? If so, I have a half a dozen independents I've worked with for nearly two years that do well. Most pay only quarterly, so checks are far and in between. All have been very regular and on time with payments except for one lately. Seems the owner was involved in a serious car accident and was the only one who could sign the checks (at least that is the story I received). Checks still came in, but it's taken a reminder email from me to get them.

Overall I am VERY satisfied with my independents. I find you form a more personal relationship over the years and if you perform well, they are eager to raise your commission.

Hope that answers the question you were asking.

Personally, I'm trying not to promote any new CJ merchants until CJ can prove to me (over weeks, not days) that they are in control again. It's just not worth the frustration!
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Ron,

Actually, I meant going into their internal tracking system and getting paid directly by the merchant. I have heard stories of merchants delaying payments to their internal affiliates, and have been reluctant to go that route.

With CJ, the merchants have to pay like clock work, and for that,I have always appreciated CJ.

15 years and counting
    quote:
    PM777 - Especially since I usually adjust advertising throughout the day, according to how well it is converting.

Near real time reporting was very useful for me, for the same reasons, but I'm afraid it's gone, or good luck to get a straight answer.
    I'm doing good (and I'm paid every month) with several independent merchants but not many have a better internal system than CJ. You can try Shareasale, their system is real time.

Event: 27-Mar-2004 18:03 PST
    Posting: 27-Mar-2004 19:20 PST
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

ABW Ambassador
    Commission Disfunction
    Commission Junktion
    same here

Good to know it's not just me. Nothing for me since last night.

15 years and counting
    Ron, I've the same experience with my independents. If you have a high volume of sales, they try to accomodate your request for monthly payment (and commission raise). I try to meet each of them every year in their facilities, that helps a lot to form a personal relationship.

Reading through this post it looks like CJ's reporting stopped at around 18.00 PST yesterday, unless none of us had anymore sales to report. Rather .

Same here. Last report was 18:26 PST yesterday.

Jeanie

ABW Ambassador
    For me 19:28 yesterday; since then a big ZERO!!

Ditto!

Big fat ZERO since last night. After nice sales day yesterday.

ABW Ambassador
    posted March 26, 2004 12:49 PM

Reporting is now caught up. Transactions are showing up in reporting after approximately 1h:30mins. Things should remain this way moving forwards.

Thanks for all your patience.

Todd Crawford

quote:
    Reporting is now caught up.

7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    IMHO We are experiencing reporting delays due to the merging of two or the three largest network reporting interfaces in the business.

Of course there are going to be reporting delays and of course it is going to happen regularly until the systems are fully integrated. This is what happens in an undertaking of this size and I dont think that there is any conceivable way that this merger could be programatically completed without the delays.

We are talking about huge changes and many of which will require system reboots to implement. It doesnt bother me that the reporting system goes down often as I can see that my traffic to sales ratio has been perfectly balanced thoughout the month meaning my sales are getting reported completely, eventually.

I tend to use the time when reporting is backed up to achieve improvement in other areas to ensure the continued growth of my business turnover.

Hey I am a CJ boy and the fact of the matter is that I have seen nothing to sway my opinion of CJs continued outstandingly unbeatable performance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast