Another dysfunctional company! I just got 5 of the 6 nickels of today reversed. DYSFUNCTION at its best.

huhu

Nowhere is there a pure creation or production of power without a corresponding exhaustion of something to supply it.

Why do you tolerate that?

...and eBay wonders why they still aren't as popular as a Port-A-Potty at the County Fair...

Andy

Never understood the allure of this affiliate program.
    Even a high traffic site probably gets, what, about 100 referrals a day. $5? (wow)
    I know some people send traffic to their own auctions, but even a niche collectable site must have a better place to send traffic..

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    In one fell swoop, for the first time in ABW's history, we should all drop this worthless piece of crap from our promotion rosters. Let the 180Solutions and every damn BHO thieve have at this one. I only hope their internal den of sheister phoney auctions get what ever profits eBay makes sucked out of them by attorney fees and government fines.

What more can you expect from a den of flea marketers hawking garage sale items to the obcessive compulsive shopper. Can anyone here spell ebay.com ....so can 300 million online folks.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Just a few points there mike because you have been harping like a loon again on this all the while you supported tiger direct who pioneered these practices.

Yeah the reversal now from them suck, but who would ever decide what companies everyone should dump? You yourself have admitted nothing converts for you anymore. One man's pain is another's paycheck.

Secondly, I see this time and time again by affiliates and it is just stupid. Just because people know about a program is not a reason not to promote the program, in fact it is more of a reason to promote the program. Because that is a merchant they feel comfortable with.

Who on the net doesn't know you can go to Amazon and buy a book? Hell, in the USA who doesn't know you can type in amazon.com and buy a book?

And this is where Mike fails. Mike thinks you are just supposed to link to the merchant and that be that. No preselling, no enticing, no selling, just put up some links and be ugly and boring about that.

That is why Mike fails (check his own posts he admits to being a failure in affiliate marketing). I don't care if someone is searching for a product their mom sells, I can get them to buy it through my link because I just don't cut-n-paste the company line like Mike and others do, I offer something a little more - and I am not just saying me.

And it just isn't copy. Start a site about dogs and bring in all the products and info for dog lovers, there are a few things any affiliate can do. Sell a product, create a site that brings in various products/ideas into one place not available elsewhere - and this includes everything from coupon sites etc.

It doesn't make a difference that some of the merchants are well known, that is not a negative!!!! People don't search for ebay, they search for what ebay sells!

That is why Mike is so dangerous on these forums, his perspective on affiliate marketing is from one of failure, so other failures will circle around him and rejoice in his posts because they are in the same place.

I cannot stress this enough, if you are new to affiliate marketing. Ignore every single thing Mike says. Mike is a failure. Mike does not know how to work affiliate marketing. His advice, when he offers advice and not just laments or ads for some scam he is running, is dead wrong.

Chet

Go crawl into a toilet Chet and flush your worthless hatred down the drain. Your one stupid hateful PITA on this board and run hate sites to boot. Post that Gothe preverted web site you call you home base. I, and a pile of other folks here are sick and tired of your following me post to post link some stalking pervert.

Get a life and leave ABW as you never have and never will add one valuable thought to this board. I Called you part of the tricks for click crew once 5 months ago. Obviously it got you so hot that that guess must have been spot on. Just like all junkies and crack Ho's always down everyone around them as being drug addicts thinking they can divert attention from their own habit. Old time police and parent trick Anyone downing others for drug use are druggies themselves....dead give away.

I challenge Haiko to go back over the hateful posts Chet has purposefully made against me on numerous threads and boot his ass from ABW.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

http and a telephoto
    Reversing nickels is just plain sad.....

Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    You're one to talk Mike since your hate-filled diatribes would have gotten you banned from 90% of all boards by now.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

What Chet said.
    So Mike, since you're so hot, Chet must be spot on, and if he bans Chet, he'd have to ban you for your post right there.

"Old time police and parent trick Anyone downing others for drug use are druggies themselves....dead give away."

Haha. That must make you the poor man's BHO and cookie stuffer.

Go crawl into a toilet Mike and flush your worthless posts down the drain. Your one stupid hateful PITA on this board and run cr*p sites to boot. Stop posting that God-awful preverted web site you call you home base. I, and a pile of other folks here are sick and tired of your jumping into every active topic to post the same misleading stuff.

Get a life and leave ABW as you never have and never will add one valuable thought to this board. Over the last 18 months you have been repeatedly challenged to defend or explain your frequently bizarre assertions. Obviously you never can so guess the challenges must have been spot on. Just like all delusionals, the more your tissue of self-appointed importance gets ripped, the more manically you rush around papering over the cracks. Old time Napoleon syndrome Anyone who has to give themselves authority, appoint themselves to office, tell others what to do have no organic or democratic power base....dead give away.

I challenge Haiko to go back over the almost 10000 posts Mike has spuriously made on almost every thread and boot his ass from ABW.

Oh, Phooey! They just have a personality clash.

We need to put up with people who don't get along and just try not to get trapped in the middle. ABW is truly a community. And, it functions very much like the "real" world. You will like some people. Others you won't. Some others you will like some of the time and not other times.

If you don't like someone, just ignore them unless the post contains something so outrageously against community standards as to require immediate correction (see Big Chuck). Should that happen, report them at once.

Only one thing left to say. YA'LL BE NICE, NOW!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I can normally ignor any of those who choose to attack for no reason other then protecting their threatened adjendas. Some just mysterious like jackles show up in a group to derail the call for action.

As many ABWers go off to Vegas for some in depth networking on issues plaguing the affiliate industry I'd recommend all re-read the most important ABW thread of 2004.

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...165#9086043165

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by happypoon:
    Mike I'm inclided to agree with you but as usual their are board rules and legal considerations as well.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAIKO: -I'm going to amend the rules to allow for postings of unscrupulous affiliates.

You'll also notice an obvious absence in this 15 page thread my normal bashers like Chet and his gang. Could the subject so important to all of us be so counter to his adjenda to not hear a peep from this crew. Read and digest this thread and some of the others over the TT issues. Haiko was forced to take a stance and allowed OUTING sleezebag affiliates into a special discussion section and in ABW's TOS.

I'm still looking for followup on that promise and commitment as this industry begs for "best practices".

quote:
    You'll also notice an obvious absence in this 15 page thread my normal bashers like Chet and his gang.

Not too many are inclined to post in a 15-page thread that's so obviously slanted unless they're either looking to kiss butt or make a flamewar.

Mike,

I agree with some of your posts. I think you make some very good points. Other posts, I suspect I'd agree with if I knew for sure what you meant. I can tell you are against it, I can tell you feel it's probably bad, but I'm not always sure exactly what it is you're saying. So, I leave not certain of what it is I just read.

It's important to remember that not everyone at ABW is as up to date on all the terms as you are. "BHO", "pimping for the ad whores", and the like don't make sense to many ABW regulars, although most eventually figure it out or ask.

I suspect you'd get your point across better if you'd stick to the subject of the thread, check your spelling before posting, and focus on interacting with others vs. ranting and raving.

As it is, for me, sometimes it just takes too much effort to try to figure out exactly what it is you're saying, and I suspect others feel that way as well.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and because they differ from yours, that doesn't necessarily make them wrong, nor you right. Take it for what it's worth, if you really pay attention, sometimes people make a point that surprises you. All of us can learn a lot here at ABW.

End

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    I normally wouldn't even look into these ebay threads but the Mrs gave me a heads up on this one.

I've always found people complaining about ebay nickles in one way or the other just to funny. Perhaps there are successfull people making a chunck of change of "a nickle" but I never thought it was worth pursuing myself. I don't go on a tangent promoting any product that is cheap by nature unless there is a HUGE demand and you think you can compete.

I could care less if "many affiliates" waste there time promoting ebay and then complain about nickles. If you want to promote - go right ahead just don't "not expect me to laugh" when I see these threads which popup over and over again.

As for the outright personal attacks - that is against board rules as well. It seems it's never applied when it comes to people attacking Mike.

Moderators should be required to uphold the board rules "promptly" - not apply them when they feel like it.

Ebay's been doing this for the last few weeks. I am guessing its some sort of an automated system because I couldn't imagine it would be worthwhile to have a human examine bids and reverse nickels.

quote:
    Moderators should be required to uphold the board rules "promptly" - not apply them when they feel like it.

You mean this clause?

quote:
    Posts containing racist, sexual- or religious-, personal-, etc offending content will be removed and will get you banned immediately.

Then we should start by upholding them on Mike. That term, "Ad Whores," definitely qualifies as personally offensive. So does the unfounded allegations of "tricks-for-clicks" he fires willy-nilly at everyone who doesn't agree with him.

Since Andy mentioned it, I really am curious what BHO means. Can somebody please explain?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

quote:
    Originally posted by Snib:
    Since Andy mentioned it, I really am curious what BHO means. Can somebody please explain?

- Scott

http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I don't like the reserving of the nickels either. This month I had 14 nickel reverses, starangely enough I also had a 64 cent bonus so I suppose its a wash. But, for my site, ebay isn't supposed to be the main money maker. It is content to add to the pages. One of my site sells dog breed themed gifts here is a page of it. I have all my products that I am selling, then adsense from google and an ebay listing. The plan is to have people look at my site, see I have lots of profucts from lots of vendors and bookmark it for later purchase (or at least to look around). To me the ebay is just content.

BTW, if anyone knows of anyone who sells DOG BREED GIFTS that I haven't found yet, let me know.

Mike
    K9 Calendars & more

Personal Creations - Linkshare has dog breed gifts...

Wow... I think I agree with Chet? How can that be? Come on Mike, I can think of more than one of your posts which have pushed some buttons. Can ya take as well as dish?
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread