The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I just got CJ datafeeds - and they allow me to pick FIVE merchants.

I'm picking 3 that we send a lot a visitors and get microscopic sales - hopefully if we do ALL the pre-selling, conversions will improve.

Rather than picking the other two at random, I thought you helpful folks can help me pick the other two. Any suggestions?

ABW Ambassador
    What's up with the 5 merchants? That's all they give you? If that's the case, find all the CJ merchants that have forums here and offer independent datafeeds.

If you can find 5 more that aren't using scumware, then use your picks there.

Wayne

after you're approved for a datafeed, you get a "technical" email stating all the requirements, and #3 says:

3-Due to the potential size of your feed, it is recommended that you limit your feed to your top five (5) Advertisers. Please let us know which five (5) Advertisers you would consider are your strongest revenue generators?

Once we receive the answers to the questions above we will enable your account to receive product data and send you technical documentation that will assist your technical team in integrating this functionality. In order to answer the questions above simply respond to this email.

PS: I'm not complaining. FIVE merchant datafeeds will keep me BUSY! If it works out, I'll request more.

http and a telephoto
    I emailed them back about that too. There are several feeds that would like that are available off the network, but there are still 10 feeds I would like, I sent my request with the top 5 and the next 5 I would like. Those were the ones I currently have traffic for that don't convert using standard cj provided links and banners. Then there are 10 or so more that are a new area for me.

The point of all this is that it is nice to be able to pick what you want to work on on any given day and not be limited So I hope the 5 datafeed limit was to get us to focus on what we want first and isn't a hard and fast rule! I may only work with a couple of feeds a week, but I would like access to all that I am approved as an affiliate for....

If any of that makes sense!!!! LOL
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I recieve the datafeed will all my merchants included.

I don't know if it's changed, but I had the option of up to 5 OR all merchants.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "it is recommended that you limit your feed to your top five (5) Advertisers."

That's a recommendation, not a rule.

I get ALL my merchants' feeds.

That'd take all day and then some to download over dialup (I have a lot of merchants with feeds), but if you've got broadband or can do server-to-server FTP I'd definitely recommend getting all the feeds! How else can you include all the products you possibly can? Some of these places have 30,000 products or more--way too many to do without some form of automation.

Another thing I'd recommend is to get it set up so you get a copy of all the feeds whether they have updated since the last refresh date or not. This way when you want to make a new site, or add a section to an old one, it doesn't matter if a merchant you'd like to use hasn't updated in a month of Sundays--their feed is always handy.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

quote:
    Originally posted by Leader:
    "it is _recommended_ that you limit your feed to your top five (5) Advertisers."

That's a recommendation, not a rule.

I get ALL my merchants' feeds.

Yeah, Leader is totally right. Send them an e-mail and they will change your feed setup in next datafeed export...
    Serkan Kutlubay
    myhosting.com - Affiliate Manager
    serkank/[@]/softcom.com
    myhosting: Private Forum, Shareasale, CJ, high commission, parasite free - Join Now!

http and a telephoto
    Well, they just set it up today and there wasn't anything in the ftp directory (on their servers) a while ago, so since it says something about updates on Saturdays I'll take a look tomorrow and see what they did
    Deborah Carney

My CJ feeds are configured to update once a week - every Tuesday. CJ FTPs them directly to a directory on one of my websites. It took a couple of days (and tries) to set this up, but it is now working just fine. The folks at CJ have also been very responsive in adding new feeds to the list whenever I send them a request.

My only complaint is that most of the CJ feeds do NOT include Category and Subcategory information. This is a merchant "problem" since those fields are considered optional.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I just got approved for CJ feeds today but when I login I don't see any feeds. Could it be that they won't show up till tomorrow?

My feeds arrive once a week on Tuesday evening (EST).

http and a telephoto
    Mine didn't come until the next regularly scheduled feed push, which for me was Saturday because I am using their server instead of pushing to my own server.
    Deborah Carney

Depends on how you set them up.

I was approved few days ago and just got an email today saying it will arrive every Tuesday (they're ftp'ing directly to my server)

Mine are made on Thursdays.

I think they space out the weekly feeds so they don't have to try to send everybody's out at once...

ABW Ambassador
    Do all merchants have feeds. If they don't how do you get them to add one. Or does cj request it from them?

quote:
    Do all merchants have feeds. If they don't how do you get them to add one.

No, they don't.

You can contact them and hope they agree to add one, but there's no way to *ensure* that they will. Some merchants here have added feeds if they get enough people lobbying. Be warned though that you will usually need to do extra lobbying to make sure they make their feeds available THROUGH CJ--instead of in some blasted infernal proprietary format that doesn't mesh with anything you've already got set up.

I usually just let the feedless wonders rot, myself. Same goes double for the places with 5,000 products on their site but something like 17 items in their CJ feed!

quote:
    Originally posted by Leader:
    I usually just let the feedless wonders rot, myself. Same goes double for the places with 5,000 products on their site but something like 17 items in their CJ feed!

You crack me up

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread