ABW Ambassador
    Anyone working with Maps.com? Are you making any money?

I went to put them on one of my sites where people are going for maps. When I looked at their site, I found pop-ups on every page and ads all over. I’m not sending visitors over to them when they are probably affiliates for someone else. I couldn’t find what I wanted because the ads were so bad.

Anyone know of a good map alternative?

I used to send them tons of traffic but they never converted at all. I switched to Rand Mcnally at BF but they don't convert very well either probably becuase many people are looking for free online maps or driving directions.

it has been over a year and i have not seen even one single sale from map.com
    Thanks
    Asif

I do regular business (<$50/month) from a dedicated site built from their datafeed which is by now way out of date (their fault not mine).

Most of the links go to "sorry this link doesn't exist any more" pages but they're still converting. Can't seem to get a report on clicks, but I know it's not a busy site (mine).

Most of that stuff they've put on their site is just plain dumb. Some it will give link pop to other sites they own, but none of it is going to make them any money. Most of it is so off-topic I doubt it actually deters potential map-buyers from their plan.

quote:
    I used to send them tons of traffic but they never converted at all. I switched to Rand Mcnally at BF but they don't convert very well either probably becuase many people are looking for free online maps or driving directions.

Both have produced nothing in three years. I still have links up in case I'll get the odd lucky sale. Maybe I'll hit the minimum for payment in another three years.
    ~Ernie

I've used maps.com for a couple of years and get maybe a sale or two a month of 1 or 2 $10-$20 maps. I get people visiting one site looking for free maps so the odd sale is better than nothing.

I noticed the pop-ups recently though and it's on my list to do something about the links - like replace them.

I also use www.stanfords.co.uk they have a good range and ship internationally by airmail which is pretty cheap on a lightweight item such as a map. They do around 5-10 sales a month.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread