Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How can tracking be unaffected at all times, and just reporting "delayed".

All the time. Never once has there been an admittance by CJ that, yes, Tracking is delayed, or did not occur.

However, reporting is sometimes delayed - even days.

But tracking, is always instant.

I am only knee-deep in code, but it would seem that if you can track, then you should be able to report the sale.

I know the CJ "Liason" would be quick to point out some subtle differences in the two ... however, I just don't buy it.

Is the "tracking server" locked away somewhere and never touched - always unaffected? And then, with the international updates, blah blah, someone just fails to accurately update the "reporting server" but - tracking is unaffected. It is seamlessly converted - with no hiccups.

God forbid a company would come clean about what is actually happening.

And that right there is the difference. Admitting you are wrong, and something happened. There is no way that *only* reporting is always affected. But that is the story, and because that is the story - that discredits CJ completely as a company.

Who do you like more - people that can admit they are wrong, make ammends for it and go on about their business.

Or people who never admit they are wrong, always have a story, and only reply to you when it favors them.

Who would you rather be friends with? Who would you rather work for? Who would you rather have work for you?

Money can be derived from honesty and hard work.

Money can also be derived from deception and greed.

Everything will come around, but to just pretend they will be unaffected in the long run by the affiliate "peons" will eventually cause CJ, BeFree and Value-cluck to crumble. Just like any dishonest, slithering company.

I like the features of CJ, and the all-inclusiveness. I do not like being lied to, and I do not like people pretending things are all hunky-dorey, and flat out deceiving me.

Also, why does CJ even have a forum here? They are obviously concerned with money. They are concerned with giving the impression that they are "reaching out" perhaps?

No CJ, save the money, take the forum down. There's no one here who will honestly answer questions in a straight-forward manner anyways.

Save the overhead, cut costs, just go ahead and pillage. The homepage is geared towards merchants anyways. Who needs the affiliates?

Affiliates are the sleeping tiger CJ and other Networks will have to deal with eventually.

nuke, check out this FAQ I posted over a year ago about CJ tracking and reporting:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...2&r=7546081642
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Back in the good old honest network days the merchant AM could call the network's IT man after placing the networks sales parsing script HTML code on the final cart checkout page. I remember working with a helpful guy called Darshan at CJ. The AM would run test purchases on all the creative types (text -product-banner) and the CJ techie could immediately see the sale show up in the CJ reporting screen. The merchantt then could also see the impressions/clicks & transaction show up in the CJ merchant administration log-in area.

No problem over the years except for a few rare hickups from either CJ's setting the tracking cookie, or from the path from merchant cart to CJ reporting server being down.

Then comes the ugly advertising mindset of the greedy networks, Dupers, incent BHO's and the EyeBall driven merchants screwing with the simple reporting clickstream.

The Ad Whore incenters demanded split fee reporting and autoloading of incnets to the BHO's. Merchants right and left installed clickstream datamining applications for SEO/SEM and outside advertising ROI figures regardless of screwing with the affiliate tracking cookie.

Batch reporting was always a duck tape diversion prone ploy where the merchant's shopping cart either couldn't talk to the networks reporting server or the merchant chose to skim -Bait-n-Switch or filter large sales before they hit the networks. Reversals could always be done later for those getting through. Batch or real time ...CJ's problems are not tied to normal tracking of affiliate sales. It is tied to IT requirements of their 3rd party partnerships to datamine network clickstreams, accomodate their stepchild incent BHO's special needs, comparison shopping sites ...not domain bound affiliates and parasite free merchants.

Lead fee requirements always were, and always will be, a thorn in the side of any network from a trust standpoint. All the worse offending sleezy affiliates and merchant middlemen posers are lead fee based. All internet scams and BHO installs are lead fee based. All lead fee Dupers are the ones who feed the e-mail spammers, list brokers and telemarketing wanks for 6 years.

None of these CJ or other network upgrades had a damn thing to do with reporting for normal affiliates or merchants.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Mike: Darshan is still at CJ but he's moved up in the ranks

You also can't compare the amount of transactions CJ processes every minute these days compared to a few years ago. As the amount of data increases you need to redo processes and rework datbases so that they work fast and don't crash. I am not condoning the recent flip-flop of CJ's reporting, but before you can comment on "how simple it is" you need to understand how terrabyte databases and data processing works.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

WTG Nuke! . You are probably echoing the sentiments of a lot of CJ affiliates. By the way I liked your typo "Value-Cluck"!!

ABW Ambassador
    A funny thought I just had.

Laurence Olivier (or any other world class actor, for that matter) would have one hell of a time trying to recite one of Mike's posts out loud.

Sorry for the diversion. I just had to share that thought.

Akiva I'm a old fashion realist. I campaign for CJ to pull all lead merchants from their network like I suggested 3 years ago when they pulled the CPC sleezeballs and instituted EPC as I recommended.

Bye bye eBay & other lead fee rants -Dupers and sleezebag affiliates using lead fee tricks and e-mail spam. Let the lead fee folks thrive on the 3rd world networks and free up CJ's bandwidth and servers to push products. My posts are best served in "shock & Awe" silence unless they apply to funny lines for the jay Leno show.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

quote:
    My posts are best served in "shock & Awe" silence unless they apply to funny lines for the jay Leno show.

damn Philly ..how am I going to get to 20,000 posts if I don't have some poetic license.

Mike:

Somehow, I think you'll get there!

I see that the message regarding tracking is gone from the front page. Does this mean that CJ believes that they are all caught up?

If that is the case... BS!!!

Come on TT... OPEN OPEN OPEN

CDC

Might be, but I never saw any sales from the 28th come in. I think those were some of the ones they were trying to get back into the reporting.

The problem is that tracking maybe 99.??% accurate, but after CJs poor performance on reporting the last 6 weeks, most of feel that tracking is not that accurate. It's all about perception and CJ has not done anything to make us feel more secure about tracking.

Oh, and of course, there is always the parasite factor which changes that percentage in a way we can't messure.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

quote:
    I see that the message regarding tracking is gone from the front page. Does this mean that CJ believes that they are all caught up?

If that is the case... BS!!!

Come on TT... OPEN OPEN OPEN

Ditto CDC, Nothing since early evening last night for me. I'm waiting for the Mesg to be put up again. Don't know why it was taken down in the first place. Things aren't right still. Going on 24 hours without a transaction for both acts
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

I think the answer to the question isn't all that suspect.

Tracking a transaction does not require the shuffling of multiple gigs of data where running transaction reports for thousands of affiliate each with up to thousands of transactions and multiply that times the multiple days allowed in reporting you can end up with a very overly busy database.

The Tracking Robot (what ever you call it!) is confused!

Don't know where the tracking is suppose to be!!!

Don't worry, be happy! Tracking is not affected, it's infected!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Mr. and Mrs. Poon,

Yes, I can confirm that "out of Commission" Junction is broken.

My sales have finally updated but the sad news is that I only have 1 sale in the last 3 days.

Back in the days it used to be much more than this. Since 'back in the days', I have added more sites and my existing sites have doubled in traffic. However, My CJ stats have consistently gone downhill. (The weird thing is that after every CJ 'upgrade' I lose about 100 visitors a day from my tracking stats.., as well as a few sales)

I have about 170 different websites. When I started with CJ I had about 10. Over the last 6 years I have been basically just building websites. Today, I get over 15,000 unique visitors to my sites.

About 14 months ago I was making around 7k per month at CJ. Since then I am getting about 2k more uniques for all my sites and yet now I am making less than 1k per month at CJ...

Something is not right. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that many of my links are old ones. I know that the link syntax has changed somewhat over the last couple of years.

Bottom line... CJ and Todd are full of poopoo.... tracking CAN be affected.... and ,(is), because his and CJ's lies directly affect my family, our income, our standard of living, etc. .. I would expect that some legal action might occur soon by certain parties who cannot tolerate the loss in income that they have experienced due to the CJ phenomenon. I would expect that many of those 'parties' might be renaming themselves "class-action" fairly soon. Lots of people with the same idea means that lots of people are right.... gotta do something about it then......

quote:
    About 14 months ago I was making around 7k per month at CJ. Since then I am getting about 2k more uniques for all my sites and yet now I am making less than 1k per month at CJ...

The potential of recovering $6,000 a month ought to interest a pretty good lawyer.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Easy Money,

quote:
    Bottom line... CJ and Todd are full of poopoo.... tracking CAN be affected.... and ,(is), because his and CJ's lies directly affect my family, our income, our standard of living, etc...
    I am sorry to hear that things are not going well for you. I know it is sometimes easier to blame others when things are not going well but I do not think our tracking is the problem.

I looked over your account to see if I could determine any issues that would cause your earnings to be lower. You are correct that your earnings are much lower compared to this time last year. I also noticed that your impressions and clicks are equally lower (25% - 30%). I analyzed a few comparable affiliate accounts and saw their numbers had all increased over the same time period. In fact, one of your relatives (?) has seen their earning go up while their impressions and clicks actually went down.

Lastly, I am not a liar and do not appreciate being called one.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Easy Money:

my income has been going the opposite way - up. that's for every year i've been doing this. why? here's one reason. today, i just junked another merchant - for having too many reversals that i can handle. after constant and frequent filtering, what's left at my websites are the real merchants that i can do business with.

merchants at my sites simply come and go. if they don't deliver, they get booted off. THEY'RE FIRED! i have no time to blame merchants (many of them are great by the way) or to blame cj. i just do what i can do.

What I don't understand is why I am showing less impressions and clicks even though my number of site visitors has gone up.

Yes, calling names... my bad. I apologise for that.

Many of my sites have older CJ links. I'm wondering if replacing them would do any good.

Again, Todd, sorry about the accusatory tone of my post... just a little frustrated. At least I am still making a living, thanks to indies.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Many of my sites have older CJ links. I'm wondering if replacing them would do any good.
    start with the "invalid links generating traffic" report.

high traffic, low clicks, sounds like it. not really sure until you see the report. but it's a good way to start.

waytogo,

Yes, thanks. That IS one of the issues that I'm working on. I have so many sites that it's sometimes difficult to keep up with what merchants are and are not still there. Working on the deactivated merchant list is practically a full time job. Congratulations on your escalating CJ sales. As Todd said, there are people in my family who are escalating as well. I taught them the business and now they're doing better than poor poor old me!!

ABW Ambassador
    come back to basics. make your sites lean and mean. cut out the leaks and the waste. and you're on your way up again.

and always try to identify the source of the problem, because knowing the problem is already half the solution.

good luck!

Well, at least we know that Todd pays attention to these posts... He knew you had family in this biz.
    I do know that not all sales are tracked however. Out of about 10 test purchases I made last year 4 did not get tracked. In all 4 cases, I made contact with the AM's of the advertisers in question but only got satisfaction from 1.

One thing I didn't do was contact CJ about these issues... Perhaps I should have.

CDC

CDC,..... ummmm... you're not calling Todd a liar are you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast