I have just sent the following notice to one of my Major CJ Merchants. This was the Big producer for me with CJ -- high 4 figure month commission. Things Have Not been right since CJ's downtime last week -- I've contacted CJ and they tell me it's probably "stale" advertising or bad traffic -- NOT.

Another program that Stopped reporting for me completely has an Indy program -- that one can be replaced. I'm SOL with this one though:
    ----------------

I just wanted to let you know that there is Some Type of Problem with my CJ Account and tracking sales.

If it is not resolved within the next day or two I will Not be promoting XXXXXX as aggressively as I had been.

You have stated many times that I'm one of your best CJ affiliates so I wanted to give you a heads up on Why my sales have disappeared -- or Maybe they're showing up on your side -- just not posting to my account?? Who knows with CJ.

Right now I am replacing as many of my CJ merchants with Indy programs as possible. I Do Not have the time or patience to keep Asking CJ what the problem is.

Since their "upgrade" and downtime last week things have Not been reporting correctly on my account Across the board. This is Not just the XXXXX Program and one of my Websites, but just about all of them.

I have contacted CJ thru Ask a Question and corresponded with "xxxxx" He advised No sales were lost during their outage (only 7 sales including 1 XXXXX posted on the 28th of March
    which is Very Unusual for me). Things have been "spotty" ever since.

My traffic quality has not changed. "xxxxx" advised maybe my advertising is "stale" I find it Completely Coincidental that my Problems started when their downtime began.

I have been a CJ associate since early 1999 -- I Know when it's CJ's problem, and when it's My problem.

If XXXXX has an Indy program, please advise either by emailing here or emailing me at xxx@xxx.com.

Sincerely,

----------------------

I'm on the lookout for Good Indy Programs -- If you guys know of any and want me to signup through your affiliate links, PM me.

Hi gettnthar - I just sent you a PM.
    Howie

Since the last CJ update, sales have been non-existent across the board.

How about this:

Same merchant from two different networks, same type of traffic, going to the same landing page the exact same time period and the traffic was close to identical - CJ had 10 more click thrus than the other network

Non CJ network - 30 sales. CJ network 0 sales.

In February the non-CJ network generated 83 sales for the same merchant. Since they have moved to CJ just 2 sales in 45 days.

The bad part is this merchant is NO longer on the network that generated the sales.

Interesting eh.

Want to hear a really odd one?

Since the change a merchant I used to make serious money with and have not for over 2 years - WHAM a sale showed up!

And...... it was a year old product link!

Tell me there isn't something strange in Denmark!

gettnthar - have you considered purchasing something through the merchant in question to see if it tracks? It probably wouldn't be incredibly helpful, but it would be a good example to show the merchant that something is wrong.
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

Hi Jungleland,

I had considered purchasing through my links -- but I decided not to do that anymore beginning last Christmas when 4 of the 5 items I purchased from My own links (Not this particular merchant btw), Did Not show up in my sales. Nice huh.

And, CJ's terms are so confusing Now I can't tell if they can suspend you for clicking your own link to buy items.

The merchant will know Something is wrong when my regular monthly Sales dwindle.

Sandra,

I had clicks & impressions show up from a site Deleted over a year ago (there are no links up anywhere) -- so where did that come from?

And, Like you, recently I've had sales show up from Merchants that haven't shown a click in Eons --

What is up with that?? How come this always happens when CJ updates and a few days later they disappera again?

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by gettnthar:
    I had clicks & impressions show up from a site Deleted over a year ago (there are no links up anywhere) -- so where did that come from?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gettnthar,

I too had some ghost clicks & impressions show up from a couple of pages deleted one and two years ago but, I found out why it happen sometimes.

If you go to: http://www.archive.org/
    or to: http://www.waybackmachine.org/

and type in your url there, you probably will find a copy of some or all the pages you made before, even if you deleted those original pages three years ago or longer, even some links there may still work and make money if you're still affiliated with that merchant.

Sal.

Hmmm Mr. Sal,

I didn't even think of that!

Now, the next question is why would someone want to look at my old pages? Hmmm.

quote:
    Originally posted by gettnthar:
    Now, the next question is why would someone want to look at my old pages? Hmmm.

That question can have many, many answers, from innocent people, curious people, the competition, people that know you or knew about your sites before, people that bookmark your site long time ago and now decided to buy that gadget they saw on your web site a year ago but, since you no longer list that gadget, they search the old archive in order to remember what merchant was selling it, etc,etc.

As you can see, the possibilities of why someone want to look at your old pages are endless.

Now, I will tell you this, as far as sales going on a rollercoaster on CJ.

I will blame the ad-blockers, specially no-r-ton for the lost sales on CJ, before I blame CJ for the tracking problems or the lack of sales because I know that I may gain 1000 new visitors to my site in a month but, if those 1000 new visitors had no-r-ton ad-blocker enabled, it will not matter if each and every one of those 1000 new visitors want to click on all my CJ links since they will not be able to see the ad's in the first place.

Sal.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread