I was promoting this merchant in CJ and for the entire 6 months I received maybe 1 or 2 sales for sending them 72,000 clicks. Those 2 sales were reversed! I quietly changed out links to this merchant with another in the same industry. Now I've been receiving multiple sales almost every day for the past 2 months for the original merchant!!! MAKES NO SENSE!! What’s even worse is that another one of my big performers that I send 1,500 clicks a day to has now dropped off in sales from like 20, 10, ending up at around 3 or less a day. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? Is CJ just guessing? Is there some new parasite out there? Is someone else taking credit for my sales?

Silicon,
    quote:
    I was promoting this merchant in CJ and for the entire 6 months I received maybe 1 or 2 sales for sending them 72,000 clicks.

The money that was lost on that merchant. I would bring the merchant up to CJ. If they don;t find a problem with links on your site then you have been robbed my friend. Of course if you pull their links they will start sending you sales. Hell thats a lot of traffic and sales they are losing. If your talking clicks and not imps then I would contact the fraud dept. Read my signature, thats what it is about. Pull a link and sales come in, whine a little and sales come in.

I would try another network if you can find the same or similar merchant and see how that goes Silicon. JMO of course!

quote:
    Is CJ just guessing?
    No comment
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Well where do these sales go for the past 6 mo? You think they just weren't tracked? I just assumed the merchant wasn't converting which has happened before. Now that sales start appearing every day with but a few clicks it makes me wonder if they just pulled tracking code from their site. Sure this might work for a while but then their program will die eventually. I haven't read the rules here but the merchant is www.ulta.com.

ABW Ambassador
    Just to be sure i checked my stats with them.

Last year
    2584 clicks 40 sales 1 sale for every 64 clicks

This year
    390 clicks 14 sales 1 sale for every 55 clicks

72,000 clicks and "maybe" 1 or 2 sales, you should have pulled them way before sending that many clicks. 72,000 clicks and only 1 or 2 sales?? You leaving something out? With my conversion rate, if i had 72,000 clicks i would have had 1,114 sales, you had 1 or 2. I think something is wrong on your end.

ABW Ambassador
    I've experienced the same thing but I certainly did not send the amount of clicks you did before pulling the links.

It never made sense that only a couple of weeks after pulling the links to the merchants offerings from my menu that sales starting rolling in for them but that is exactly what happened.

I initially figured the SE's would evntually drop the dead links and then I'd just remove all their files. That was about 9 months ago and I still get hits on those pages (and a few resulting sales) that haven't been updated at all - eeeek. After the sales started coming in, I considered adding them back to the menu and said - NAH (probelms tend to repeat themselves and I don't have a lot of patience).

The resulting sales baffled me greatly and even made me think about the potential for bots that could be used to pre-scan sites to determine what were the main keywords they wanted to target (thus - avoiding the needs and costs for a full blown contextual based system as part of the run time requirements). In the case of removing links, the bots would no longer see these pages or target them which I speculated could contribute to a rise in sales after links are pulled.

Of course my consideration of this subject is "pure speculation" and pulling links would definately not be something I'd recommend on merchants that are performing but if they aren't, it shouldn't take you sending them 72,000 clicks before you take action IMO.

14 day cookie
    1 time occurence
    5% commission
    "We provide you with all the tools you need to succeed"
    "we handle all the ordering, shipping, and billing processes."

Nothing less than 10% comm, 30 day cookie and Unlimited occurences.

Oh Yeah I almost forgot,

3 month epc $1.95

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread