Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    My balance just dropped by about twenty dollars and there are no reversals in my transactions. In fact, another sale just came in.

I don't know what's going on at CJ but I think it's time for an audit of affiliate accounts and a full explanation of what is going on, what's broken, and what's being done to fix it.

This is unacceptable.

Well Rhea as I said in an earlier thread, my balance has dropped by around $100 and when I eventually was able to run my reports there were two transactions in February which were reversed as "unqualified lead". I can understand if it is due to an invalid credit card or a return or cancelled item, but what the hell does an unqualified lead mean? I've sent CJ an email asking for an explanation and, if I don't get any joy out of them, I'm going to go direct to the merchant concerned. I also believe that there is something going on with their tracking as my sales plunged by almost 50% in February. I think it's time someone at CJ gave us an honest answer as to what exactly is going on.

Grumpy, no reversals were posted. This is sooooo aggravating.

Had my first ever reversal on March 1st from a sale posted on Feb 7, Northern Tool, worst converters I've come across in the Home/Garden/Tools area so getting one of the rare sales reversed hurts.

Are the overall performance indicators working properly? I've now got 4 green bars despite the fact I only get about one sale a week.

Okay, I checked and checked again and triple checked and I messed up, not CJ. When their system started getting woozy last night I wrote down my balance...just in case...because I couldn't do a data capture.

Apparently I just didn't write my balance down correctly. So I guess I'm not going to win the "Alan Greenspan Bean Counter of The Year" award. Sorry if I had anyone worried. I am an ass, and I apologize.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Northern Tool, worst converters I've come across in the Home/Garden/Tools area

No surprise there. I used to get their paper catalog (until they gave up sending it), and their stuff is WAY overpriced...

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

Northern Tools: I have high hopes for them. I've had a couple of sales in the last month or so.

I think it depends on what you're pushing of theirs. They have enough odd products you can make some pages of things few others are advertising.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

Interesting...I just got the Northern Tool catalog in the mail (first time) addressed to my affiliate business address. Did they get this from CJ????

Was wondering if they had an affiliate program. They do, but two marks against them. One, they are at CJ and two I read the comments here at ABW going back two years. Glad we have ABW to research this stuff.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I just made another sale there. Not big, but it feels good. Came from a page that is really narrow in scope, but very seasonal. Kid stuff, but I can see the hits coming in around the time school is out in the various time zones. Apparently some of them have talked their parents into spending something.

I made two big sales with Northern Tools pretty quickly when I started using them, both of them reversed by the end of the month. Wonder if the credit agreement thing they do has an effect too? i.e. someone applies to buy on credit but then gets rejected.

ABW Ambassador
    back to the original topic of this thread.

I saw $500 commish (from several transactions) added in my reports but saw only $170 additional in the balance (next to log-out button)

I can understand any delay but the postings are already more than 4 hours old.

What's the use of seeing all the additional transactions when they are not reflected in the overall balance?

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread