ABW Ambassador
    i have just had 2 big ones from february with Dreamtime Baby Affiliate Program, one is returned merchandise and the other is unqualified lead!

surely it would not take 2 months to realise that!!!

That has happened to me before.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I had eHobbies go back in December and reverse every single sale made back to January of that year. Needless to say only a fool would ever put up a link to them. Come on fools and tell us all how great they are and how you convert with them like champions. Same screwballs at ABW that told me I was worthless since last september and Oct. when I told all here to drop KBtoys and eToys from Christmas promotions.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

It's possible. In my program I only do reversals once a month. On March 30th I did all the reversals and accepted the extended transactions for February. It's possible they have a return policy and need to allow time for that.

ABW Ambassador
    yes, i have had a look and they do a 60 day return policy, so it makes sense! its just a bummer to get the reversals so long after, could give me negatuve balance!

and yes thanks ecomcity, i dropped kbtoys & Etoys last month, they will never do that to me again!!!!

People must be stupid to even promote the lying conning money grabbing little *******'s!

I quote Section 3.5 (Chargebacks). I have bolded the applicable sentence:
    quote:

"3.5 Charge-backs. An Advertiser may request that CJ, or CJ may on its own initiative, debit Your Account with an amount equal to a Payout previously credited to Your Account in circumstances of : product returns; duplicate entry or other clear error; non-bona fide Transaction where there is no Publisher failure to comply with the this Agreement; non-receipt of payment from, or refund of payment to, the Visitor by the Advertiser; or Publisher failure to comply with the terms of an Offer or Advertiser Click-through Agreement ("Charge-back"). Charge-backs requested by an Advertiser in accordance with the preceding sentence may be applied up to and including the 60th day after the end of the month in which the Payout was earned ("Charge-back Period"). CJ may apply at any time Charge-backs for all Transactions from Publisher's Web site(s) and/or subscription emails for Publisher's or its Sub-Publisher's failure to comply with this Agreement. An Advertiser may request that a Payout be postponed 1 payment cycle where Advertiser is verifying a Lead (for Lead Campaigns) or the Advertiser has a product return policy or offer to the Visitor that allows the Visitor to return the product during the Charge-back Period."

In the Dark Ages, before I was introduced to ABW, I had a merchant reverse sales that were over 3 months old. The reason they gave for the reversal was declined credit card...

I pulled their links immediately and replaced them with another merchant. It was a cosmetics company but it has been so long that I don't remember which one...

I've seen it happen and I say it's BS...

CDC

ABW Ambassador
    can CJ reverse a transaction without a reversal transaction posted on your transaction report?

can they antedate a reversal transaction so that the reversal transaction is posted on previous days/months and not today?

my account balance dropped without any corresponding reversal transaction posted.

is there somebody here seeing the same thing?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread