I might be a little on the paranoid side, and although it was in the nighttime, I usually do not go periods of 5 hours without a sale.

My last transaction last night was at 10:18pmPST posted at Midnight, the next one occurred today at 3:22amPST. This leaves about a 5 hour hole with nothing. Am I the only one?

I felt that yesterdays sales were odd. My last sale was at 21:44 PDT.

Tami

I had several 3 or 4 hour sales gaps yesterday. That is very unusual.

The day before, Tuesday, was similar. In fact, I sell at least one of a particular brand of widget every single day, usually more than one. On Tuesday I got the normal number of click-thrus for that brand of widget, but not a single sale. Very odd.

For me, yesterday, was one the lowest converting days I have had since last August. Traffic was normal, but sales were way off. I also noticed some unusual gaps throughout the day yesterday.

quote:
    Originally posted by PM777:
    My last transaction last night was at 10:18pmPST posted at Midnight, the next one occurred today at 3:22amPST. This leaves about a 5 hour hole with nothing. Am I the only one?

My last sale posted at 3:21amPST this morning. The sale was at 1:18amPST. Sounds like something may be up.

Looks like you had a sale in that "hole" period I was referring to at 1:18amPST. Maybe it was just one of those strange periods without anything. I guess it is understandable we are on edge lately with the reporting.

ABW Ambassador
    "My last sale posted at 3:21amPST this morning. The sale was at 1:18amPST. Sounds like something may be up."

I think something has been up since the middle of Feb. Before then, I never had gaps for longer than 3 hours. Now I have them for as long as 5-12 hours every day!

quote:
    Originally posted by PM777:
    Looks like you had a sale in that "hole" period I was referring to at 1:18amPST. Maybe it was just one of those strange periods without anything. I guess it is understandable we are on edge lately with the reporting.

I thought it was odd that my sale posted at 3:21 and yours was posted at 3:22 then nada after that. I'm definitely more paranoid than I was before Feb.

BTW--I just had a sale post. Transaction time 7:12amPDT post time 9:29amPDT

ABW Ambassador
    Invest in test purchases. Observation of demonstrable fact is better than conjecture or speculation. Belief is no substitute for knowledge.

quote:
    Originally posted by Chief_Beef_aka_Fy_Dolla:
    Invest in test purchases.

My plan is to do exactly that.

We had no delays or gaps in reporting during the period from Apr. 7, 10 pm pst to Apr. 8, 3 am pst.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Don't know about gaps in reporting but I've been trying to login to CJ now for the past 20 minutes and all I am getting is a white page. It's extremely slow right now!

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    We had no delays or gaps in reporting during the period from Apr. 7, 10 pm pst to Apr. 8, 3 am pst.

Well if it was not reporting delays, then it was reporting errors (sales not reporting at all). I was talking to a fellow ABW person last night asking them the very same question posted here. I had sales coming in every hour, then a five hour block of nothing. I thought about mentioning it here, but thought maybe it was just me. Sounds like there may well have been a problem that CJ is not aware of. And if the block of time was slightly different for each of us, then it might not have been obvious to the folks at CJ.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Sorry to ruin this party but yesterday was one of my better days in months. Reporting was working just fine. Google was making changes yesterday so it's most likely that not reporting and tracking.

It was one of my better days too. Almost had a record number of sales. Still, there was a big block of time when it sat silent. I was watching my clicks and impressions too and they were moving very slowly during that period. Sure wish I had documented it, but thought it was just me at the time.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"clicks and impressions too and they were moving very slowly during that period"

That's the proof that it most likely was google shifting things around.

It happens to me all the time too. BTW I never get sales during the wee hours. I'm jealous of those of you that do. You must get a good mix of non-USA traffic.

I guess what I meant to say was there was big gaps in click/impression reporting. Over an hour went by and nothing changed. That's not just Google. I get lots of hits from Yahoo, too and have over 30 sites with CJ merchants.

Sorry, should have been more clear.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Hey, I was just making an oberservation. I'm thrilled that CJ went this long without a problem and this one was just a hicup, not the stuff we had to suffer through for 7 weeks earlier in the year.

Not complaining, just observing.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    It is very strange to me today...

I do not use to complain about sales, but today stated very bad and now I am seeing something very strange, all my today sales are ...
    1- ebay reversal (not a today sales)
    2- two xxxxx batched leads (not a today sale but batched txn again)
    3- 7 sales from AllHeart.com

I have many merchants, but specially 2 more of them had not had 0 sales days in my memory history.

I was going to think that is a very unusual slow day for the holiday, but them I realized that there is no pattern if Allheart is selling like usual, at least not if there is a holiday for all but doctors in USA.

PD. Traffic is pretty normal for all my merchants. Today is almost 2/3 of the entire day at posting time.
    Fer(nando) - US & EU Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    51 Sales No Gaps

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread