Todd (since you're here!),

I've asked for a currency change on 1 Feb, 1 Mar and, most recently, 1 April.

It hasn't happened yet.

Is there a general problem with this or do I need to ask again?

I have received the auto-reponse but nothing else.

KM

You are not provding enough information for me to respond to your post. Are you trying to change the currency in which you are paid? Why are you changing your currency? What is your current currency and what would you like it to be?
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Hi Todd,
    Current reporting currency is US$ (isn't everybody's?), payment is Euro.

Want to change to Euro for reporting as well.

Why do I want to change? well ... because I think Euros, Earn Euros, live in Euros, spend Euros, dream Euros...

I make sales from the Eurozone for Euro merchants, get paid in Euros, from my Eurozone site, to Eurozone customers.

By the way, what's a dollar? I vaguely recall hearing about them in history class :-;

KM

We are converting all accounts that have requested conversion on one of two days. If you have submitted a request, you will be converted. That's all I can tell you for now.

CJU Online has more information:

Can I change the functional currency of my existing account?
    Yes, but only if you sign up for our Account Currency Migration offer by March 24. To do so, click on the Contact Us link and use the "Ask a Question" feature. Select "Account Currency Migration" under category and either an April 1 or May 1 migration date with the applicable currency as the sub-category. Please note that only one functional currency can be selected for your program. During the Account Currency Migration, all your current program data will be converted to your functional currency.

Aside from this one-time migration offer, your functional currency cannot be changed once it has been selected during the creation of a new account.

Is my choice of functional currency limited by my place of residence?
    No. You may choose to manage your existing account or create a new account in any of the supported functional currencies regardless of the country in which you reside.

How will my reporting appear if I work with advertisers that use functional currencies other than my own?
    Commission Junction will convert each specific advertiser's functional currency to the equivalent of your functional currency. All reports will be in your single, designated functional currency based on the daily exchange rate.

How can the targeted area functionality help advertisers in their approval process?
    By designating countries in your targeted area advertisers can easily review where you direct your traffic and evaluate your Web site based on that critical information and not simply your geographic location.

Do I need to take any action?
    Yes, if you want to change the functional currency of your existing account. To do so, please follow the details for Account Currency Migration as noted above. If you do not take action, your functional currency will remain the same. Please note that if you decide to change your functional currency in the future you can only do so with the creation of a new account.

What are the next steps for this initiative?
    In the near future, Commission Junction plans to support various foreign markets with fully translated accounts viewable in an advertiser's or publisher's language preference as well as their functional currency. Fully translated accounts will allow more markets to develop and help transform the CJO network into a truly global network helping you build your performance-based revenue world-wide.
    Todd Crawford

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    We are converting all accounts that have requested conversion on one of two days. If you have submitted a request, you will be converted. That's all I can tell you for now.

CJU Online has more information:

Snip

OK Todd. I had already read all that.
    Guess I'll just wait and see what happens on 1 April.
    Thanks
    KM

quote:
    I think Euros, Earn Euros, live in Euros, spend Euros, dream Euros...

what the heck is a Euro ??? I love my pounds and refuse to give them up.....long live the revolution....etc

Malc
    Adverts

LOL ktmkiddy,

Some of us love Euros

Todd,

With the merging of BF with CJ, BF has a number of merchants who are international and pay according to their home turf (typically Euros or Pounds). If we keep our standard currency at the default (USD), will we be forced to accept CJ currency translations or will we continue to be paid in the merchants' respective currency?

Paul,

International advertisers using the BFAST platform will continue to pay their publishers as they currently have.
    Todd Crawford

Hi Todd,

Ok, I waited and 1 April came and went and still my currency hasn't been converted.

Last I heard was:

quote:

In an effort to minimize impact to your business day the April 1 Account Currency Migration has been rescheduled to begin late evening April 2 and will be completed by April 3. Once the migration is finished all your CJ Account Manager data will have been converted to your new functional currency using the following averaged interbank exchange rates as applicable:

What do I do now or when will it happen?

Thanks
    KM

I believe we further postponed the currency migrations. You should have been notified of the date change(s). Rest assured that when your account is converted, all of your reporting will be in the requested currency going back to when you created the account.

You are on the list and will be converted during one of the upcoming migrations.
    Todd Crawford

Well I wasn't notified. The only notification I have ever received is the one I quoted above.

Can you be more specific about when this is likely to happen?

I have been resting assured for quite a while now and info is not forthcoming through AAQ. I only get answers by asking here which is surely not how this sort of thing should work.

Thanks
    KM

Still resting assured

quote:

Can you be more specific about when this is likely to happen?

I have been resting assured for quite a while now and info is not forthcoming through AAQ. I only get answers by asking here which is surely not how this sort of thing should work.

From AAQ:
    quote:
    Currency Migration April 1

Discussion Thread
    Customer (xxxxxxx) 04/05/2004 02:45 AM
    Hello
    What's happening with this?
    When will the migration take place?

Auto-Response (xxxxxxx .) 03/25/2004 05:08 PM
    Hello,

This message is to let you know that Commission Junction has not forgotten your question and is still working to provide you with an answer. Although it is not always possible, we hope to respond within the next 24 hours! Thanks for your patience.

Auto-Response (xxxxxxx .) 03/19/2004 05:31 PM
    Thank you for contacting Commission Junction regarding migration of the Functional Currency for your Commission Junction account. This message is an acknowledgement that your request has been received and no other action is required by you to complete the migration. We will contact you immediately prior to making the change.

Customer (xxxxxxx .) 03/19/2004 05:31 PM
    Currency Migration April 1

quote:
    This message is an acknowledgement that your request has been received and no other action is required by you to complete the migration. We will contact you immediately prior to making the change.
    Todd Crawford

quote:
    Last I heard was:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In an effort to minimize impact to your business day the April 1 Account Currency Migration has been rescheduled to begin late evening April 2 and will be completed by April 3.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<snore>

To tell you the truth KM, I really don't see what the big deal is. We've done without Euro reporting this long, what is another few days or even months going to matter?

In the meantime, banks still cash US cheques here don't they? And if yours takes a while to clear (like mine does) I will tell you something... a Euro cheque from a US bank is going to take the same amount of time to clear.

Hi ToughTurkey

Maybe the issue is customer service.

Seems we're all too willing to put up with this kind of treatment without complaining.
    ...and if we don't complain, everybody thinks it's OK to say:

quote:
    In an effort to minimize impact to your business day the April 1 Account Currency Migration has been rescheduled to begin late evening April 2 and will be completed by April 3.

...when what they mean is we can't do what we promised so we'll make it look like we're doing you a favour, and you turkeys will swallow it.

Just a thought
    KM

I do not know the exact date of the currency conversions but I know they were pushed back a few weeks so we could do the migrations after we had deployed the "read only" functionality. This means in the future when we make changes to the members area, the site will still function in read only mode - so you can still log in, get links and generate reports for prior periods.

We will notify you when the dates are firmed up again.

Hang in there - it shouldn't be much longer.
    Todd Crawford

KM - fair point.

quote:
    in the future when we make changes to the members area, the site will still function in read only mode - so you can still log in, get links and generate reports for prior periods.

quote:
    KM - fair point.

Indeed, and had somebody just given that update here, or more appropriately, in response to AAQ, we could all have saved some time and felt less like mushrooms.

KM

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread