Now that really irritates me. I hit the reply button, typed in a rational response and by the time I hit "Post Now", someone had closed the thread.

Well, it continues here....

Todd, you may not have preferences for parasitic ones, but they should not be treated as equal players. It makes for an unhealty playing field.

I rarely speak out about CJ and parasites (I'm too busy ragging them about their technical problems), but something about that statement really irked me. You should not have any parasites, preferential or not!!!!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

BTW, my intention was not to reopen a closed thread (I know that is frowned upon), but hey, I was in the middle of a reply post when it got closed and I was a little miffed that someone did that without any notice.

Sure would be nice when someone closes a thread if they would identify themselves and why. Yes, there were some out of line comments, but none I've seen here before that closed threads that quickly without reason.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    I think that it may be closed because had little sense to continue the "Network Size Dispute" thread with parasite stuff.

May be those comments may be posted in a related thread, Ron I do not have anything against you or others, but sometimes it feels bad when one post about something and then nobody replies about it because other users posted unrelated "attacks", then even Todd came but replied to attacks and forgotten my original theme...

Please continue the anti-parasite msgs, but not invading other threads.. pleease.
    Fer(nando) - US & EU Marketing

I did. I have never locked a thread in the past even though I have always had moderator rights. In this case, I thought the thread was getting off track and Ssanf was irritating me – nothing new but I am getting tired of it.

I completely understand everyone’s concerns regarding parasiteware. We have a CoC that lays out how publishers need to treat our links and publisher webpages. We work very hard to keep these publishers in compliance and ensure that they are not out of compliance. Is the CoC perfect? No. Is it better than nothing? Yes. I believe that by working with certain publishers to ensure their compliance, it protect all the other publishers.

I do not enjoy playing moderator but I want to make these boards a place where people can discuss issues intelligently and openly without throwing mud or calling names.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Hey Todd for a bit of a giggle go and read this films

It was meant as a joke BTW.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah i saw that Gordon, good job of hijacking another thread.

Seems a waste to use my 3,000 post for this, but since most of my posts are related to CJ I guess it is appropriate.

Thank you for letting us know who closed the thread. Like you using your moderator privliges rarely, I rarely (less than a handful of times) have been critical about CJ and parasites. It's just something I'm tired of, frustrated about, and simply not going to accept anymore.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I would congratulate you Ron on your 3000th post but I might get accused of high
    jacking another thread, which incidentally TrustN1 is the correct way to spell it.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.

YouTrek

quote:
    It's just something I'm tired of, frustrated about, and simply not going to accept anymore.

And whacha gonna do about it Ron?

Nova <-- is going to hide now!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    Incidentally Gordon I spelled it right.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...-8&q=hijacking

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    According to Dictionary.com, the primary spelling is HIjack. High jack is listed as a variant of hijack.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hijack
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Trust Google

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...q=high+jacking

Did you mean: hijacking

my apologies smart arse

YouTrek

Weird - Ron posted his 3,000th post and it was my 1,500th.

It looks like you post twice as often as I do. Maybe you just need to post twice as often to get the same point across.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Well, Leader how come you have never been a featured publisher?

CJ tells us plainly and clearly which kind of publishers they value. Featured publishers right now are
    · MyPoints
    · NetFlip
    · Ebates

One would presume these certainly are among the ones that fall under the category of "top performing and up and coming" deserving publishers that the 10 have been hired to help.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    Someone hijacked the English language and made all the spelling funny.

Sorry about Hi Jack'ing the network size thread. I was just going to say that if parent company Valueclick decides that it is not in the affiliate network business, then LS is the top dog in affiliate marketing.

It is just that my blood boils whenever I think of the way that BeFree ran their program several years ago. I did not intend my post to be taken as a personal attack on Todd, but on a dangerous mindset that must be avoided. I will try to avoid saying hi to Jack in a post about Jill.

ABW Ambassador
    Featured Publishers:
    http://www.cj.com/clients/pub.jsp

From a quick look 8 out of 11 look ok.

They're only going to feature the biggest of the big, plus they have to have permission for them to feature you. What Leader said is true, the more you make the more help you get, that's with any network. I just got my issue of Internet Retailer where they did a story on just that, about FatWallet and how when they first started they were basically ignored until they started to produce.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Well, Leader how come you have never been a featured publisher?

Because takes more than being in the top 20 at a couple of merchants to be in the top 10 or 12 out of the entire network.

But that doesn't mean that anyone HAS to be a parasite in order to get featured. I'm sure that they'd be quite willing to feature me if I was bringing in a suitable amount of millions!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I'm sure I'm somebodies top publisher.

I feel bad for them if that's the case.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Congrats Ron on your 3000th post and joining the rank of the professional ranters. Wear your getting a closed subject as a red badge of courage. Trust's pointed out the obvious reason the hire some Ad Whore interns to learn the ropes of pushing that link of CJ DOPERS. All affiliates posing as merchants getting clicks and traffic for other affiliates will feeding the networks with their doubling dipping schemes.

Tough to figure out how to earn a legit value-add commission and also run POS hijacking and getting credit for non-commission-able paths to a merchants site without some assistance. Is their an honest way someone can recommend to a veteran.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    ...Or may be my post are overlooked because I am from the very south...? How come I usually post and other people start a whole new thread under my thread!

I am going to fill a petition under the ONU and Press Junction to not be censored by this thread camuflated attack called "out-of-topic invasion".

If anyone want to post in this thread has to mention something about my issue or my name or....
    Whoooops! this is not my thread but Ron's one, ouch, mine has been closed because of the invasion

Ok, no problem...
    Fer(nando) - US & EU Marketing

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Did someone say Hi Jack

The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Congrats on the 3,000th post, Ron!

Andy

Thanks, Andy.

Another couple of months at CJ like we had in February and March and I can make it up to 4,000 posts in no time. LOL
    7 Days A Week Marketing

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread