Does anyone get any sales from Famous Footwear? It is THE most clicked merchant on my site, but I NEVER got any sales from them. :confused:

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Just for illustration, I rank 1st at Google for "Famous Footware Shoes" and I get a lot of visitors from that search. I know that "Footware" is a spelling mistake but I still get the visitors.

Alex, I never really tried to push Famous Footwear and most of my traffic for shoes was untargeted. Here are my stats for them for the year. Not real good. EPC of a little over $2.00. I have a $10.00 EPC with Shoes.com

Com.....Sales......Hits.......Imp
    $6.54.....2.........318......13,991

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Packy ]

ABW Ambassador
    Part of the problem with Famous Footwear ... is that they have outlets all over. Alot of people check prices and then go by them at the store.

Push the no tax online idea and they now have a free shipping coupon.

Regards,
    Dave

This is one of those "name brand" sites that people recognize, and you'll get some sales just because of that. And from my dealings with these folks as one of their affiliates, I would rank them as excellent.

And, their stores are not competition for us, any more than any of the other online merchants who also have bricks and mortar stores. I think the stores are a plus -- your visitors can even return their shoes back to a store rather than shipping them.

Just curious,

A person click CJ's link on your site for Famous Footwear, it will set the CJ cookies up for 30 days.

Then a week later, the person click on the Performics's link for Famous Footwear on other people's site and make a sale.

Will a sale be tracked by CJ? Unless they are using a different landing page after the sale is made (I don't think so since they have to pass a parameter that will separate the landing page), then they can separate this.

If this happened, then it will result in "double" tracking, since it will have CJ's cookies and Performics' cookies in their landing page.

Hopefully, they track the cookies' date for CJ and Performics, since they will not know who is the one that's making the sale. (Or they can choose randomly [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

The only solution for this is Famous Footwear is going to "REVERSE" one of the transaction. (or if they can't figure out which one is making the sale, they can just "REVERSE" both transaction to be fair... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

Remember, you are not the only advertising channel they have. In fact, you are competing for sales against all the advertising they do. Shouldn't the advertising channel responsible for the sale be rewarded (even if it's another affiliate in another program)? It's probably set up just like if it was a CJ affiliate, last link clicked gets the sale.

Jared
    Crucial Affiliate Team www.crucial.com

Jared,

Welcome!!

Haiko

Thanks Haiko - glad to be here

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread