Hey everyone!

Vanns.com (a prominent electronics/appliance store) has teamed up with Bobwards.com (an outstanding sporting goods store) to create an amazing promotion for affiliates.

Here’s the deal:

The contest will run from April 1-May 17 ending at midnight.

The goal - be the affiliate with the largest total sales volume for the contest time
    period for both programs combined. However, at a minimum you must have at
    least 2 sales with each program and sales/purchases for yourself do not
    count towards your total.

What will you win? - The winner with the largest total sales volume combined from both stores will win a prize from each store. From Bobwards.com, a Men’s North Face Elwood Blue Nuptse Jacket. Sizes available are M, L, XL and XXL. A $199 retail value! A women’s coat may be substituted out if needed. From Vanns.com, a 2 Mega-pixel Panasonic DMC-FZ1S (Silver) Digital Camera with 12x Optical Zoom. A $299.88 retail value!

How can you participate? - First you need to be an affiliate of both programs. Second you need to send an email with the SUBJECT –"BOBWARDS/VANNS CONTEST"
    to: netprofits@vanns.net and the email must include your PID.

Both programs are run trough CJ so you won't have to go looking too far if you’re not a member of one or both already.

Affiliates that are already signed up with both Vann’s and Bob Ward’s can definitely partake in this contest too. They just need to send an email as well.

How can you tell who's winning? - Each Thursday Karly and Matt will make a
    posting that outlines the Top 5 to Top 10 Total sales volumes for the
    contest to date on www.abestweb.com in the Commission Junction Forum.

As you can see, this is pretty easy. Sign up for both our programs, send an email, sell two products from each site and you could win two amazing prizes. Nothing to it.

If you have any questions at all please contact Matt Ranta from Vanns.com at netprofits@vanns.net or Karly Billstein from Bobwards.com at kbillstein@bobwards.com

Lets sell some stuff!

Just a reminder, the BobWards.com and Vanns.com sales contest starts on Thursday, April 1. You can join the contest at anytime, but it ends May 17

This is an incredible opportunity to do some good business with some great merchants and you can win some excellent prizes too!

All,

Karly and I are considering pulling this contest.

We've had very few, okay just one sign-up for this contest.

I know that quite a few of you have a site or sites that could really make this a worthwhile contest and we don't want to pull it but...

Give us some feedback please...are you just not interested in the contest? Was signing up to much to ask? Were the prizes not worth the trouble? Just curious why this hasn't been as successful as we thought it would be.

If we do decide to pull this contest we will award a concessionary prize to the individual that signed up for taking the time to participate.

I'll let you know on Monday....unless of course we have a influx of sign ups.

Thank you

I didn't see the announcement guys, sorry.

Fred

Thanks for the feedback...If we can still get some actual sign-ups we'll keep the contest going.

So if anyone out there is interested send me an email with your PID and we'll turn this into a real contest!

Thanks,

Go ahead a pull it, I already have a jacket and digital camera. Too old and no time for games anyway, too busy working for merchants that pay a minimum of 10%

http and a telephoto
    Contests and incentives that I have to sign up for are a pain, I try to spend my time building sites. I also get annoyed when I have to send an email to confirm I put up a link or just say "yes" to get a bonus. And no, a 2 mp camera doesn't get me excited when I have a 4.1 with a Carl Zeiss lens that I bought a year ago at top dollar, and now 8 mp is state of the art.

I have Vann's links up, I haven't had a chance to look at Bob Wards, and I don't think I have time to get the traffic your sites need.

So I will pass, maybe others were just busy and didn't see the original post, but I saw it and passed.

Sales incentives are more more of a motivator to me than contests and prizes, and I don't want to have to opt in. Tell me they are there and I will strive to achieve them.

I'm not saying you didn't have a good idea, just explaining why I didn't sign up, and maybe others too.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    quote:
    Go ahead a pull it, I already have a jacket and digital camera. Too old and no time for games anyway, too busy working for merchants that pay a minimum of 10%
    I think you forgot too miserable too Do we really need to read these kind of non sense posts?

Same goes for Loxly, who cares you bought a 4 megapixel camera a year ago. Sounds more like your bragging than offering up some useful information.

People these are "free prizes" If you cannot offer up something constructive to say, keep it to yourself.

http and a telephoto
    He asked why people weren't entering and I gave my opinion. I said it wasn't personal....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Hey DFL, I think that loxly feedback is very valuable to vanns and also polite and honest, Roadkill post is very valuable if you realize that the agressive part means very uncomfortable with programm, is a personal feedback so it is always true.

I would like to add, as feedback, that I do not join programms that pay 4% or less, specially when similar programms pays more.

Also it seems to me that most super affiliates are not focused on programs with 3% rates, so if this is true they are just missing the best affiliates in first place...
    Fer(nando) - US & EU Marketing

I didn't participate because I know where my chance is on electronic stuff and I am not an affiliate for BobWards.

I have links up for Vanns and sales don't come around often for me to participate.

I know where I have a chance to win and know where I don't have a chance I don't participate.

Those that I have a chance I get something out of it. Sales, sales sales, means commission, commission, commission! :-)

Still a great idea for affiliates that promote both Vanns and Bobwards.

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Vanns and BobWards.com has decided to pull our sales contest due to lack of interest. We thank you to the affiliate who did sign up and we will send you a little something to thank you for participating.

To everyone else, thank you for taking the time to give us some feed back on why this contest did not interest more.

Sorry for the lack of interest, I didn't sign up because I didn't have time to make anything for Bob Wards, I already have Vanns pages, just had no time to add for you Karly, sorry.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread