I am getting sick of this, I have had enough.

The majority of my sales for the following stores if not all the sales for some of them have been reversed:

CompUSA
    Etronics
    eCost
    Toshiba

Total of $6,428.45 in Sales reversed and this is just the beginning of the month...

oh that horrible. Well looks like I won't premote any of them too.

Thanks for the heads up, Connie. Sorry to hear you are getting hit so hard by those merchants.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Coffee AM and Eagle Computer are 2 others.
    Not a sale that wasn't reversed in the last few months.
    Time for some housecleaning.

This year has brought a higher than usual level of reversals for me as well...probably 50%.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Time for some housecleaning.

While you're at it Connie, check your PMs!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Your lists are accurate as I pulled eCost, Eagle Computers and CompUSA for this reversal or non-reporting activity a long time ago. eCost has always been a bad joke and Eagle Computers is just a local computer dealer not a distributor. Let the B-a-HO's have at them.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Connie,

I know you're a top affiliate and all, but wanted to let you know you picked there the worst POS group of merchants in affiliating marketing!

I don't have any reversed sales for CompUSA but they are in the "Extended...due to non payment" list.

Connie,

The sales were not really reversed, they just said they were reversed so they won't have to pay you.

We have had a merchant account for 20 years and have pretty much seen it all.

As a merchant, if you have 50% refunds or even 10% your credit card merchant account will be cancelled or suspended in a heartbeat. Plus the merchant has to pay something for every transaction and refunds are transactions so you get dinged 30 cents or so for every reversal.

Another thing, CC orders are cleared within 24 hours and the money put in your account in no more than 48 hours. But if your average order is say $100 and a $2,000 order shows up, the CC processors fraud team will flag it and check it out in detail.

95% of all reversals reported are simply reporting fraud on the merchants part. I guarantee you that there are practically NO reversals when the merchant provides the name, address, phone and email address of the buyers.

But keep on keeping on...in the end the fraudulent merchants will go BK and the principles will be unemployed.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jersey Jean:
    We have had a merchant account for 20 years and have pretty much seen it all.

how about an invoice that says, "we have to manually charge your credit card"

needless to say, the transactions never appeared in the reports.

i got that message not once but twice, from different purchases with the same merchant.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread