Hi all,
    Just read one or two disconcerting hints re NT.

What is the general experience? - do they convert targeted traffic? What sort of percentage?

I'm just building a new site using NT for a major part of it. Would like to know the bad news now if there is bad news to be had!

Thanks for any input.
    KM

They convert, but only after all there links die again with no notice whatsoever.

Not to worry when you get a dead link - you do not get there front page you get a script error instead.

As for there data feed, the URL is so DAMN long I had to modify my database just to accept it. YUP 3 weeks later all their links are dead yet again.

Since the code is simply impossible you cannot even automate it.

If they ever get it together they would be wonderful!
    They provide competitive price and have a safe interface.

Thanks SandraR.

I had seen the dead link phenomenon during testing but assumed it was me doing something wrong.

I've also had a problem getting url redirects to work with CJ links for NT and again, was blaming myself.

Do they have an in-house program and is that likely to be any more stable?

Failing that, any suggestions for alternative merchants?

Thanks for the input.
    KM

I think it depends on what you're trying to do with them. I've had some sales this week, and some were nicely big. Try to find things in their CJ catalog that aren't necessarily pushed by everyone, make pages, and keep experimenting.

I'm happy with them so far but I keep trying new stuff.

Regarding those broken links, would clicks on them still be recorded in CJ stats?

The broken links take you to a script error. I doubt the site even knows the click took place.

Same for me.. until they fix the script message / broken links I'm not giving them any more real estate.

Also I've had a few mighty large reversals...but thats life I guess.

You spend all day creating a product page and then 1 month later it just lands you on a script error message...rubbish !! Please fix this Northern Tool, so at least the link lands on your home page and we get the credit we deserve.

IMO this is a serious issue and puts a lot of people off of promoting NT more.

Malc
    Adverts

quote:
    Originally posted by SandraR:
    The broken links take you to a script error. I doubt the site even knows the click took place.

The clicks are still recorded even the links are broken.

ABW Ambassador
    My experience with NT is not good. They've got a great store and product lines but their affiliate program stinks IMHO.

What's the problem with their links, is it that their product catalog changes a lot or something else?

They convert great only if you know when to promote their products in one particular season.
    When the products are out ot stock, the product links will also go south. The thing is they never give any notifications whatsoever.

quote:
    When the products are out ot stock, the product links will also go south. The thing is they never give any notifications whatsoever.

Yep...and that is not good for affiliate business...I have enough to do without having a page full of dead links.

The problem is midnight, if a product is out of stock your customer gets landed on a script error page...not even a default NT home page or anything useful...it really is not good...it doesn't matter if the click is recorded, the customer has no way of knowing how to get to a NT home page from the script error page and so they don't make a sale..and we don't get paid.

Any chance of fixing this Northern Tool??

Malc
    Adverts

I Have just found another couple of pages full of dead links...I think i'll drop Northern Tool and concentrate on merchants without script errors for default home pages.

Malc
    Adverts

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread