ABW Ambassador
    I know this will make a lot of people happy since i've seen people mention more than a few times that they would like them to start an affiliate program.

I guess this would be a good time to introduce myself! I'm Jen Frazier, the Affiliate Manager for ThinkGeek.com. We launched our program with CJ today, and we're really excited to see how it goes.

I've been lurking on ABW for a few weeks while we've been putting our program together, and what I've learned here has been invaluable. I am still new to all of this, so bear with me as I learn more and as we learn how to be a good advertiser. Thanks to ABW, I've also learned a good bit about parasites, so we're happy to say we are going to strive to be 100% parasite-free.

If anybody has any questions or comments, please don't hestiate to bug me! Thanks.

Welcome ThinkGeek Jen. Good to have someone here that can Think!

Allen

Do you have any coupons?

Strive to be 100% parasite free?

quote:
    Originally posted by Yikole:
    Do you have any coupons?

Nope. We don't have any promotions at the moment.

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome to ABW
    It would be great if you could get this tool from Akiva here at ABW:

http://www.affsolutions.com/solution...e_creator.html

Looking forward to many sales.

Welcome aboard Jen! We are excited for your program launch.

Please keep the caffeinated hot sauce away from ABW members.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

ABW Ambassador
    This is the best thing that ever happened to CJ. Welcome aboard Jen.

Do you have a data feed? Will you soon?

got root?

I'd like to second TrushNo1's notion suggesting the product showcase creator. Stay away from the parasites and I'm sure your program will do great. I know a lot of geeks have been waiting a long time for this.

sweet:0)

gotta check them out!

I'll second the question about datafeeds!

-- Mike
    A joy shared is a joy doubled.
    A burden shared is a burden lightened.

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! w00t! We are most likely going to have a data feed, but we decided to launch without it so as to not delay the start of our program. We are looking into the best way to get it up and running and as soon as I know the details, I'll make sure to post here.

Anyone having problems with ThinkGeek's CJ links?

I was just setting up some links and when I clicked thru all I got was a blank page with a "0" in the top left corner of the page. I tried several with the same results.

Anyone else experiencing this?

quote:
    Originally posted by Linda:
    Anyone having problems with ThinkGeek's CJ links?

Doh! I'm sorry you're having problems with our links. I'm so embarrased - its not a good way to start off our program!

I just checked out a few of our links, and although I'm not getting the blank page with '0', they all seem to be redirecting to the home page.

I'll look into it asap and update here when it's fixed. In the meantime, can you give me the URL that it redirects you to when you see the blank page?

thanks!
    jen

Here are 2 I just randomly picked. (I removed my PID before posting the links here.)

ThinkGeek Gadgets
    http://www.qksrv.net/click-removedPID-10356313

ThinkGeek Kids Stuff
    http://www.qksrv.net/click-removedPID-10356310

They both go to blank page at http://www.thinkgeek.com/index.shtml?cpg=cj

Thanks for replying so quickly!

ABW Ambassador
    Jen put those geeks to work!

I'm hoping you will make a data feed available via ftp and not through the CJ system only. It's much better for the affiliate.

If you need any beta testing or help with your data feed PM me. I'd be glad to help a fellow geek. Especially one that can make me money

quote:
    I've also learned a good bit about parasites, so we're happy to say we are going to strive to be 100% parasite-free.
    Good enough for me I'm in! ...or at least, I will be if you approve my app

Here's an update on our linking problem. We're still figuring out whether it's on our end or CJs, but we have a workaround in place that should work for all links that are not modified by the affiliates. Unfortunately I didnt know about the problem till Friday afternoon, so it probably won't be completely resolved until Monday. Thanks for your patience!

jen

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    I'm hoping you will make a data feed available via ftp and not through the CJ system only. It's much better for the affiliate.

I disagree with that last line. That's not better for *every* affiliate! Jen, please be sure to keep the CJ system feed up-to-date too; don't ignore it in favor of some in-house thing that doesn't fit with any pre-existing templates like some merchants.

Plus it is a royal pain in the butt to have to go to a bunch of different places to collect feeds for my various merchants. Having that situation when they can all be in one convenient spot only adds insult to injury!

Not trying to flame but needless to say, I like my feeds coming through CJ and get concerned when I see blanket statements made as if it's "better" to have them outside.

Good luck with the links. Once you get them all working right I'll probably sign up.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

quote:
    Originally posted by Jen @ ThinkGeek.com:
    We are most likely going to have a data feed, but we decided to launch without it so as to not delay the start of our program. We are looking into the best way to get it up and running and as soon as I know the details, I'll make sure to post here.

You might wish to consult cditty (scripts4yoursite.com & ezdatafeed.com) about datafeed production issues. He works both sides of the fence and can give alot of useful advice.
    “An adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.” - G.K. Chesterton

Thanks for the vote FFoc. Much appreciated.

Jen, shoot me an email and we can talk. My turn-around time is generally less than 1 week.

Personally, I love ThinkGeek. I visit there quite often. Got my little Linux fish stuck on my monitor right now.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

Thanks for all the tips and advice! We're still working with CJ to get our links working 100%, so hang in there... As far as datafeeds go, I think the way to go is to do the independent AND CJ feeds, and hopefully keep everybody happy that way. thanks!

Jen, I tried to answer your email, but for some reason it bounced. I sent you a pm.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

I'm embarrased to say that we *finally* have our linking problem fixed, and even though CJ said it was on our end, you'll never guess -- the problem was on CJ's end. Oh well... SO, all of our links should be working properly now. Thanks for your patience!

On another note, we've decided that we will be rolling out our own in-house data feed to a select number of affiliates. Any active affiliate can apply to get the data, but we're still working on the details of our criteria for determining who will be given access to the feed. We plan on launching the feed this summer. I'll post more info when I have more details.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread