ABW Ambassador
    I cringe everytime I see a sell from then. I actually get mad because I know it'll be reversed. But yet still, I leave the stupid freakin links up. They never make me any money. But my page gets mad hits for cell phones so I don't want to take it down completely. I have to think of something else. Any reliable non-reversal happy cell phone merchants out there?

:eek: Damn Jada, you are scaring me. I just added 50 keywords at Findwhat that have to do with cell phones. Shoot, I hope I have a different experience than you.

ABW Ambassador
    We market cellular phones.
    It is a fact of life that 80% of those ordering on the web don't qualify for a monthly plan.

Try selling PrePaid Phones.

Jada,

You can sell prepaid phones - look up a place called TeleDynamics. They are a distributor for one of the better prepaid phones. You write the page. You sell the phone, you get the money...then you call
    Teledynamics, you pay them for the phone and they drop ship it to the customer.

We have sold lot's of these phones.

Also, you can go to ATT and become a reseller. Ditto for nextel.

check them out if you want to sell phones.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks alot professor. I might just do that in the near future.

Alexbet - just be careful. If you see your getting a bunch of reversals - drop em. Stay away from Sundial Wireless. Find a merchant who doesn't have a 50% reversal rate. :eek: I think the lowest reversal rate I saw was 17%. Plus there are some new ones on CJ now too.

quote:
    Alexbet - just be careful.
    Now that you told me, I sure will be careful. :eek:

ABW Ambassador
    There is also a merchant at websponsors that pays per completed app. ($1)

That's the only way I will promote cell phones whatsoever after the Cj fiasco last spring.

ABW Ambassador
    Websponsor must not like me. They keep declining my applications into their program. :mad:

ABW Ambassador
    Jada, I just joined Websponsors today and I'm putting up some links now , I will use the $1.00 pay per application cell phone ad,and see how it goes, but I thought I would tell you about one at Onresponse that is doing well for me .

1freecellphone - pays $1.50 per application , they report leads every few days or so, sometimes once a week .
    Averaging around 5-6 leads for every 50 or so click throughs . (about 50 leads a week for me - not exactly a gold mine, but hey, it's money )

Anyway...
    I got greedy a few days ago, and thought I'd put up two CJ cell phone links last Thursday (one pay per lead, and one pay per sale advertiser).

What happens ?
    Not only did they get me ZERO in leads or sales for several days straight,not too mention that even the impressions reported were way off ,
    but since I also gave them top billing on my cell phones page, I actually LOST money on the leads I could have generated at Onresponse for those few days.

Needless to say, those cell phone advertisers from CJ were one of the first CJ links to get the boot when I decided to call it quits with CJ all together.

So far, sent 58 clicks through Onresponse since last night to that same old cell phone merchant, more than three times the amount of click throughs my CJ stats showed for their links over that three day test period .

FWIW
    My suggestion, and I do think it's a good one ...for your own sanity, give up on CJ cell phone operators and go for the lead payout at smaller networks that have the resources to better monitor their advertisers links and reporting (particularly the notoriously shady cell phone operators - trust me on this one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Lisa

Well I've been using clickhereforcellphones.com, which is now cellularphones.com, they pay 37 dollars per signup. It's really the best deal out there, one year service, 29.99 a month, free top of the line phone, the use all of the big service providers, att, etc, free hands free ear bud for the car. You can hit the site in my profile if you want to give me referral credit, hehe, just click any of the cell phone links you find, and the affiliate signup is at the bottom of the page. I've had 322 clicks, 3 apps and 3 sales, which works out to about 35 cents a click I think, I'll take that anyday. Forgot to mention, they don't even require a credit card now.

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: qball0213 ]

Okay, well I sent a couple hundred clicks before I got my first app too, and I always assumed you should send more than a couple hundred hits to determine how well something will convert. I have been with SI in all of their programs for about a year and have always been happy with there performance. But I'm here to learn what I can from everyone here, what programs do you recommend? The more info the better [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
    Originally posted by Professor:
    Jada,

You can sell prepaid phones - look up a place called TeleDynamics. They are a distributor for one of the better prepaid phones. You write the page. You sell the phone, you get the money...then you call
    Teledynamics, you pay them for the phone and they drop ship it to the customer.

We have sold lot's of these phones.

Also, you can go to ATT and become a reseller. Ditto for nextel.

check them out if you want to sell phones.

Fred, do you have another source for these pre-paid cell phones? Teledyanimcs no longer carries them.

try www.tracphone.com

the may sell the phones directo now and dumped the distributor.

Is there anyone out there using Cellularphones.com?
    This month has been horrible for me with them.
    Lots of applications, very few sales.
    Anyone think something is wrong?

I'm just getting "denied" applications with cellularphones.com

Lisa Lisa! or anyone else who uses OnResponse
    Do you know how long the delay is on getting the lead commission for either the 1cellularphone merchant or the allcellstuff merchant?
    I am just wondering because I had 152 clicks on the allcellstuff link ($1.50 per lead) and I know there must be some leads from those clicks. It has bee about 2 days from the time I got the clicks, but no $$$$ yet.

Unless of course all those clicks didn't translate into any leads...

Never mind.
    It was kinda hidden. But I found it

ABW Ambassador
    Cellularphones.com pays $37

I'll pay $40 for AT&T + Sprint Activations
    90% of the apps will not qualify - that is standard. Those are then sent an Email that gives them the option of a pre-paid phone 4% will buy that deal.

This program is by invitation only.
    No Malls need apply.
    We are looking for focused sites [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[typo]

[ 03-21-2002: Message edited by: Adam Ward ]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I stand behind the original thread title. I personally know some Detroit Cellphone storefront operators and they are one step below used car salesmen. Beepers ..then Cellphones..then you say only 10% of an affiliates efforts will result in a commission. At least that part is honest. If I want a Cellphone deal their are a hundred brick-n-mortar outlets selling them in a 6 mile radius.

ABW Ambassador
    >there are a hundred brick-n-mortar outlets selling them in a 6 mile radius.

And they contractually restricted to their area.
    Been there & done that.

Hey,
    does anyone know how I can be the guy who runs one of these free cell phone deals? i.e. I want to be the one offering the fee cell phone deal... looking for affiliates of my own.
    ya dig?

My company is one of the largest online master agents for cellular in the country. We can make you an aggressive offer where you can sign up sub affiliates. Feel free to email me @ marctolkov@foncentral.com

quote:
    Originally posted by daweller:
    Hey,
    does anyone know how I can be the guy who runs one of these free cell phone deals? i.e. I want to be the one offering the fee cell phone deal... looking for affiliates of my own.
    ya dig?

This is gotta be record; bringing back a thread after more than 2 years of the last post.

And only to post a

ABW Ambassador
    Well if that is spam, I want to be spammed with auto loans programs that pays at least $10 per app, or that have a $40+ EPC please...
    Fer(nando) - US & EU Marketing

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread