Anyone here using Zappos. i am starting to see some sales from them but I see their reversal rate is almost 30%. Do your orders get reversed by that much. I don't want to promote them heavily if almost 30% of my orders will be reversed. Is zappos worth it?

wly,

Welcome!

Although I am not affiliated with them ... I know Bluesx had a nightmare with them! CYA!

Haiko

I just started using them this month, got 5 sales already.. but now you're starting to worry me.. their epc is still $10 though, which isn't bad

I've heard some horror stories about them too. I've heard that their reversal rate is one of the highest. I got a few reversals from them myself, and NONE non-reversed. :eek:

Alex,
    Did all your sales got reversed? if not what percentage of your sales were reversed? Does the chargeback rate of 30% reflect accurately? Thanks.

YEP!!! ALL of them got reversed. (had 3-4 sales with them) :mad: A chargeback rate of 30% would have been excellent for me, but it is not like that. Ask someone else of their experience with them, but this is mine (EVERYTHING REVERSED)

ABW Ambassador
    I think it's realistic to expect more product returns with shoes than other fashion merchandise. If the fit isn't right, they'll be unusable, and footwear has little room for variance compared to other clothing items.

My shoe merchants usually have a higher reversal rate than other merchants, but I don't think it reflects a problem with the merchants, I think it's just the way things are with the product line.

The only thing I can think of that might help would be to encourage your visitors to look for brands they've had good experience with, and to be sure of their size.

BTW Zappos is one of my better EPC merchants.

Elisabeth "still doesn't own enough shoes" Archambault

I agree with Elisabeth. With shoes I think we have to expect a somewhat high reversal rate. The main reason of course being the wrong size. One merchant had on their site to order more than one pair and return the rest. I forgot which one it was.

One to stay away from though is ShoesAvenue. They have an 84% reversal rate and with me they have a 100% reversal rate.

I think all of the footwear merchants are pretty much on the same level. At least from what I have experienced so far.

ShoesAvenue is part of RafaelloTies. I at one point asked if I would get comissions from shoes bought if they went through my RT links. They wrote back that yes, I would, since the shopping cart is indeed the same, but to expect more reversals. He mentioned that shoes seem to also have more fraudulent orders. Needless to say, I left my designer shoe links on a general shoes page rather than make a whole page enticing people to ShoesAvenue. RT was one of my higher EPC merchants before I started sending lots of free traffic [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

I've had sales with Zappos (not one of my higher traffic pages, so I can't say many), and none reversed so far (not holding my breath).

Zappos is one of our top EPC merchants. Yes, we do get returns, but we also make money on the shoes that people do keep. We dumped Shoes Avenue awhile ago.

Oh! No! don't say that...sent more clicks to shoes and more sales from zappos, only put them up this month so it will be interesting to see if they're reversed...mmmmn!

Interested why shoe avenue was dumped, I picked them up this month too, only because of the designer brandnames, and my customers tend to like "the names" Tom, can I ask why you dumped them?

MouseJockey,

ShoesAvenue has a 84% reversal rate. I had several sales with them for about $60.00 each. Everyone of the sales was reversed. I emailed them about the reversals and I believe that they are one of those company's that didn't have the time to respond to my email.

Thanks Packy, that's not good news.

I can't understand why some merchants won't respond to emails.
    I've just sent off the third email to a merchant as a customer wants to purchase a big ticket item and wants to know the best price they can do...and I can't get a reply from them!

I've usually gotten replies when I write through Rafaello Ties.

Unfortunately, RT just lowered their cookies from 45 to 30 days.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread