Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    absolute crap! how can they justify reversing nickles??
    i hate them messing up my reports!

It's funny, I never saw these (nickel reversals) before this week, and now all my nickels are being reversed. It is ridiculous and I am NOT amused. What on earth is the reason to advertise eBay on my site when even a pitiful FIVE CENTS is now too much for them to pay???

Animal Lover
    Yup...have had all my nickels reversed...now tell me this...how can a bid be reversed? I thought a bid was a bid at ebay - and they keep saying you can't reverse a bid once you've made one...so how is it I lose the $0.05??? It's not like they are really struggling financially are they??

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

I am wondering - since my site has a high number of repeat visitors -- does eBay have a "one five cent bid per customer" rule? If so, it's idiotic, but at least it would explain how ALL the nickels could be reversed.

If I don't start making money I'm going to have to remove my eBay links. I just started using Editor Kit, by the way -- wonder if that somehow has something to do with these sudden reversals. Till this week I had never seen one for any CJ sale that I can recall.

Maybe the bids were for wooden nickles.

ABW Ambassador
    It is not that the bids are being reversed, but that another affiliate using their mediaplex system may have been the last cookie set.

Chet

It is a big scam! I specfically clicked through from my site, registered and bought something to test them. Sure enough, it was reversed...

How can they justify their cheating?

I have a lot of ebay listings on my site using the editors kit. It's more of a convenience for my visitors than a profit for me. I get about a buck or more a day from those nickels and see a few reversals, maybe about 5%, not a bunch and certainly not all. I agree that trying to make a PROFIT with ebay is almost a lost cause, at least for me! I am sure there are folks who do well.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    absolute crap! how can they justify reversing nickles?? i hate them messing up my reports!

Is there people still promoting eBay?

---------------------
    ---------------------

So, what are you, a left or a right nut in the scrotum bag of life?

ABW Ambassador
    Forgive my English.

That's rather, Are there people still promoting eBay?

And who is more dysfunctional? eBay or CJ?
    CJ is the one who carries these ridiculous companies. CJ is the one who does nothing about them. CJ has the greatest interface, but it is light years away from being a properly functioning affiliate agency.

huhu

Nowhere is there a pure creation or production of power without a corresponding exhaustion of something to supply it.

ABW Ambassador
    well i have had another 6 bid reversals again today so far!!

its beyond a joke now!
    all bids that i have had in the last 2 weeks have been reversed!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    At least you guys get a nickel!

My ebay stats are always the same - whether for a bid, a registration, or whatever = ZERO

Sale Locked Yes $0.00 $0.00 Bid
    Lead New No $0.00 $0.00 Registration

Just a whole bunch of lines on my reports with zero's!

I've had two nickels reversed today. The majority of my bids are being reversed. Something is just not right here.

I'm going to watch this a few more days but if I don't see a clear reason to continue eBay links on my site, they're gone. It is a service to my visitors, and I certainly didn't expect to get rich on a few nickels a week, but I now feel eBay is ripping me off, and I see no reason to play along with that.

So far this month I've gotten 31 nickels, and 18 nickel reversals.

Last month I had 103 nickels and 28 reversals.

If the trend continues I'll owe them money next month.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

ABW Ambassador
    Billy Kay, make sure you accepted the new terms.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    So much work for a nickel????

Why Bother????

it will be a cold day in heck that i put ebay on my site only thing you get out of it is longer loading time on your site

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    it will be a cold day in heck that i put ebay on my site

Ditto! What a loser merchant!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    quote:
    Billy Kay, make sure you accepted the new terms.

Yea, I accepted them - don't AGREE with them - but I accepted them!

They'll be removed at some point.

Here's my letter to eBay. Think I'll get a reply?

Recently I've had a large number of CJ reversals on both eBay bids and "buy it now" purchases. The reason given is always "Returned Merchandise." That makes no sense at all.

I can't see any reason why bid commissions should ever be reversed. If a customer I referred has placed a bid, I should get a nickel. There's nothing to "return."

I can't imagine that more than a tiny fraction of "buy it now" purchases ever involve "returned merchandise."

I am sending eBay high-quality, targeted traffic. I use the Editor Kit to direct my readers to specific areas of eBay that will be of interest to them. I only use in-context text links that are part of a high-content site.

In short, you're getting zero junk traffic from me. So why am I getting screwed over?

Frankly, at a nickel a sale, eBay is barely worth my time to begin with. Up until now, I've kept the links on my site primarily as a service to my readers. But if all of my sales are going to be reversed, forget it. I will just yank eBay off my site.

A reply would be appreciated.

I've done some analysis on the reversals I've been seeing from eBay, thanks to whoever pointed out that second number in the OrderID on the CJ report points to the item bid on.

I have found that most of my reversals are for bids that were played a number of days after the click date. For example, I had 2 bids reversed today, click date was 4/5, the bid date was 4/8. That's a three day difference.

And yes, many of the items being bid on are not related to my site. Although if I give a person the idea to go to eBay and they bid on an item, isn't that good enough to get a commisson?

However, I'm not convinced that the CJ affiliates are being treated fairly in relation to the "super affiliates" that cause our transactions to be negated.

If I work hard to sell eBay to someone and they click through from my site, why should that be reversed because an MSN user returned to eBay from a link on the MSN portal?

It doesn't seem to be the same thing to me.

I'm looking at one of my reversals today. The user was browing my hockey card checklists for Manny Legace, a player for the Detroit Red Wings. That user used the Buy it Now feature to buy, you guessed it, a Manny Legace hockey card. Yes, he did it three days after clicking on the link from my site.

I don't know what brough them back to eBay, but I'd be willing to bet that it was NOT a link for all the cards Manny Legace has. I bet it was via some search engine.

So how come I can suggest to a user that someone buy something from eBay, but just because someone used a search engine to get back to the eBay front page, they get the commission.

Yes, it's just a nickle, but last month I had almost $20 in reversals. Over a year, that's almost $250. $250 buys me quite a bit.

$250 multiplied by all the merchants in CJ probably adds up to quite a bit of cash that CJ is leaving on the table.

eBay does have the power here, because if CJ tells them to get lost, CJ could lose millions. But on the other hand, eBay is seeing profit from the relationship, so they too would stand to lose out if the arrangement goes away.

And I still don't understand why CJ doesn't close the "Canadian visitor" loophole, where a Canadian, German, Brit, or Australian registering via an affiliate link does not cause a commission to be paid. I'm amazed that for a year, all I hear is "we're working on this", yet they can devote plenty of time to reverse nickels.

Amazing.

Ralph

I'm curious as to what percentage of your total transactions are getting reversed...I am at about 30%. It's not the nickels that are breaking my bank ...it's the $5.00 registrations that have me smarting!

Isn't every day eBay reversal day???

I'm consistently averaging 25-40% reversals for bids and BINs, and around 10% for active registrations.

The registrations are real killers when they get reversed.

eBay needs to get its together! It's really hardly worth promoting them any more.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    yes, today i have 2 bids, and 2 reversals!!
    so i have made no money again with ebay, its like this every day!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast