ABW Ambassador
    The linkshare board does not seem to be as active with answers as the cj board. I posted this question over a week ago there, and never got a straight answer. I tried again today, but I figured I would probably get a quicker answer here!!

I am relatively new to linkshare and I still do not understand the payment issue. I have money that is due to me from drugstore.com for Feb. and it says that they are awaiting payment for Feb. All of my other merchants at linkshare paid for Feb by the end of March. Is it normal for Drugstore.com to be late with their payment to linkshare??

Is this "awaiting payment" for everyone or just for me?? I have no idea how linkshare works?? I know some of you belong to both.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Is this "awaiting payment" for everyone or just for me??

Didn't you know, Linkshare downloads your voting records and pays people according to the party they support....

Well, okay, expect a long period of time between when you make money for a merchant and when you get paid. In part this is due to return policies. In part is because merchants love money and don't like parting with it.

Linkshare has a merchant history report that gives you an idea of how long it takes for a merchant to pay. It works as a pretty good guage.

BTW, the same thing happens in CJ. Not all of the activity that takes place in January gets paid in February. I find that about a quarter of the activity that takes place in January doesn't get paid until March.

Expect long delays. BTW, things are getting a lot better. Waiting 6 months for a payment used to be common.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Yintercept,

Thanks for your answer. I've been with cj for years so I know how they work. You are right, some of the merchants wait the 60 days for payment, because of returns. But with cj, I don't think that they can wait any longer.

I just find the interface at linkshare very confusing. In fact, I find everything at linkshare confusing, even their very long affiliate links. LOL

"Linkshare has a merchant history report that gives you an idea of how long it takes for a merchant to pay. It works as a pretty good guage."

I checked that and drugstore.com seemed to have a pattern of paying AROUND THE first week two months after, so it's now April 17. (IE. dEC, THEY GOT jAN 9 AND nOV THEY GOT jAN 2) That's why I did not know if it was directed at all of the affiliates or just some? I recently joined, so Feb. would be my first payment.

With CJ, you get paid for almost all of your merchants about 20 days after the end of the month. Some merchants on CJ will extend some or all transactions, which will cause an extra month's delay.

With Linkshare (and BeFree), each merchant has their own payment schedule. The quickest ones that have the networks cut the checks pay about 15 days after the end of the month. At least one that cuts their own checks usually pays within a week of the end of the month. The slowest ones take 2, 3, or even 4 months. A handful still just pay quarterly. On average, I would have to guess that it's about 30-45 days for most Linkshare and BeFree merchants that I work with. They definitely pay. If you can afford the longer payment cycle, they have some very high quality merchants.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread