CJ has now closed the thread titled:

"Message to Todd - CJ's Fiduciary Responsibility Regarding Parasites"

So, I guess we should all just remain silent.

Did you read my post as to why I closed it (last post in the thread)? I am not trying to censor anyone. I want to have others read the thread and it is already three pages long. I felt that the topic was well covered and many good concerns and suggestions were provided.

If everyone wants me to unlock it, I will but I wanted to prevent it from getting any longer.

Thanks again for your contributions.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Although I agree with your thoughts that the subject had been covered well, that reason is usually not one for closing threads. Unfortunatly, if you leave it open it will go on and on with much of the same.

It's a coin toss I guess. But I do thank you for all your comments and time with that thread. That is what is important, that you addressed the issues.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I am open to continue it in a seperate thread - I just wanted to keep that thread to three pages so I could get everyone to read the whole thing.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

It's time to get a life people. It's only a message board.

BTW Todd, it's nice to have this level of participation from you lately.

Sorry, not meant as criticism, just comentary. You have moderator privliges for a reason. Use them as you feel you need to.

Yes, it has been VERY nice to see you. We expect you to put in double time when you get back from your vacation.

(did you warn your replacement about me???)
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The comment up top there about "getting a life" somewhat bothers me ..... the people who post here seem to have devoted considerable time and effort (not to mention money) in making their CJ affiliations (and CJ ITSELF) a success, which is why I am in here finding out if it all worth it!! WHENU is a parasite and the fact that CJ has partnered with bottom feeders has me worried right off the bat ..... just an observation.

Another observation - I've been reading in other forums about Norton AV software eliminating CJ links on webpages, as in, if a person has Norton Adblocker turned on, CJ links do NOT show up on the page. That would seem to be another drain on the action... Has anyone noticed a drop off on leads/sales that can be directly attributed to something "fishy" going on...

I would be one of those people and my comment was directed at the nitpicking that goes on around here. You certainly aren't alone being concerned about parasites but to freak out everytime a thread is moderated is plain silly. This is just a message board it is not an official channel of business communication in my opinion. Wether or not it's "worth it!!" I believe it is and so do the majority of posters here. You'll just have to make up your own mind. I'm not pro censorship but it's hardly the case around here. I am sorry if I offended anyone or everyone by saying that I guess I could have worded it better and said to lighten up instead.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Todd's last post in that thread:

quote:
    If it is OK with everybody, I would like to lock this thread so I can have others in the organization read through all the suggestions and concerns. It is getting rather long and I think we have covered a lot of good information and I don't want it to get any longer or off topic. ~Todd

I'd say that assessment's on the money. It's not that WE wouldn't read a longer thread, but the "others in the organization" most likely have to fit reading that in along with a bunch of other things, so the points need to stay more concise than usual. You know how empl*yment is...always gotta be busy busy busy...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    I agree. Normally I'm not in favor of threads being closed, but I thought Todd's reason for closing it was a good one. The thread itself was constructive and flame-free. We can always open a new one on it.

and probably will. but there are other threads that deserve to be awakened next month.

ABW Ambassador
    To Todd.......

You seemed confused regarding "someones definition" of if software is parasitic or not.

Hows this.... Advertisor allows relationships with applications that utilize a bho or other similar component that monitors a consumers surfing.

Todd didn't censor anything. The thread was not deleted, nor were any posts altered in any way. Locking a thread is not censorship. The thread remains in its entirety for all to see.

No doubt many ABWers would read a 10-12 page thread, but at the same time most busy corporate types would not. So, with it being 3 pages it still gets the point across, and can be read in a reasonable amount of time.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Todd Crawford wrote:

I am open to continue it in a seperate thread - I just wanted to keep that thread to three pages so I could get everyone to read the whole thing.

Boy, was my statement an irony (incorrect even) about how CJ doesn't like to acknowledge the parasite issue, or even use the word.

If Todd really wants everyone to read the whole thing ...hey, how about providing a link to it on the CJ.com website?

I don't think this was a case of censorship. The thread remains open to be read, but not added to at this point.

Several interesting posts were made in the thread, and if needed, can be expanded upon in a new thread (such as this one).

Todd just suggested closing the thread to keep it relevant for his collegues, who might be a little more pressed for time than us. I for one cannot read everything that is posted here (but wish I could) and sometimes have to be a bit selective in what I read.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Todd just suggested closing the thread to keep it relevant for his collegues, who might be a little more pressed for time than us.

That same day Todd ordered a subscription to the National Enquirer for the CJ main office.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Todd just suggested closing the thread to keep it relevant for his collegues, who might be a little more pressed for time than us.

Oh, you mean it wasn't something I said?

Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    i'm with todd.

i have seen before how other moderators can be downright rude as to immediately lock a thread when they disagree with the posts, and to even leave a last post (their own) exulting at their ability to do so.

but i think the way todd handled it was alright. he provided a reason and explained it as politely as he can.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread