I've just created a site that creates redirection links out of CJ affiliate links.

The reason I'm posting here, is because I'm anxious to see if such a redirection can interfere with any of the scumware I've been reading about. I don't have enough CJ traffic to get any good results, but I thought someone here might want to give it a try (maybe having a standard CJ link, and a redirected one running at the same time for more scientific results).

The site's up at click.othernet.com

Yay...my first post!
    Daniel

Hello Daniel and welcome to ABW.

I went to your site but all I see is "Coming Soon..."

CDC71

ABW Ambassador
    I believe you want to put an ?afsrc=1 at the end of all the redirected links; so your sample link would look like: click.othernet.com/d6e?afsrc=1

Thanks yintercept. The afsrc=1 tag is now added to the created redirect links, and handled by the server correctly.

Daniel

is it ?afsrc=1 or &afsrc=1 or does it matter. If someone could clairify this for me I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in Advance

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by chriscrm:
    is it ?afsrc=1 or &afsrc=1 or does it matter. If someone could clairify this for me I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in Advance

I believe afsrc=1 is just a parameter in an HTML query string. The ? and & are delimiters in the query string. The ? starts the query string. All additional variables are marked with the ampersand. A URL with three parameters would look like:

?parma=1&parmb=2&parmc=3

So, if afsrc=1 is your first parameter, then you would use ?afsrc=1 . If it is being tacked onto other parameters, you would use a &afsrc=1

Okay, to make life really confusing, the ampersand is a special html character. If you use DHTML strict, you have to encode the blasted variable as: &afsrc=1

hey thats cool! Since the links created are dependant on your server being operational, how about letting us use our own servers?

Well done!

ABW Ambassador
    Personally, I would avoid using a link tracker on a third party web site. It would be extremely easy for the third party to occasionally replace the tracking id with one of their own.

Link trackers are extremely easy to write with PHP/MySQL. All you have to do is record the links in a database, then write a php script that reads the database record and uses the header() function to redirect the link.

Here is code for a Link Tracker Program in PHP.

ToughTurkey - no plans to give out the code at the moment, as it's integrated into a large web server which I wrote myself from scratch (wrote the DNS, and email servers as well). A number of websites are hosted on the servers (on a dedicated server at ValueWeb), so the links should be quite reliable.

yintercept - no id switching going on. I just thought it would be an interesting tool to offer those with no programming experience. I'm really interested in seeing if redirection links affect sales at all. If people find sales affected in a positive way, they might make the effort to implement the redirection links on their own.

Enjoying a cloudy Sunday afternoon...
    Daniel

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread