I've looked at it, I really did try to figure out what it was, but I still have no clue what it is or what it's used for. It's got to be something useful or it wouldn't be there. Would it? I added my website to it, but now I don't know what to do with it.

Could someone please explain the Smart Zone?

No need to beat me over the head with that ugly stick, it's just another blonde moment... I think. I hope.

Thanks !

Catwoman

LOL glad to hear you are blonde, I would hate to think it is spreading to all the females. LOL

Well I know one thing, The Smart Zone is a place where you definitely do not belong

LOL only kidding
    From what I gather you can put more than one banner or product etc in them and they will alternate, like a rotating banner I supose. The only thing I think you have to make sure of is the banners or product links are all the same size for each smart zone. You can have diferent sized smart zones but the links/banners/products in each have to be the same size

Hope that helps
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Create a new Smart Zone and give it a name. example ( 468x60 banners)

Now go get 468x60 banners from your merchants but, instead of getting the links, just add those links to the newly created [( 468x60 banners)(Smart Zone)].

Once you have more than two 468x60 banners on that Smart Zone, press update and then get html code.

Get that generated --- [<SCRIPT type="text/javascript" LANGUAGE="javascript" src="http://www.qksz.net/xxxxx"></SCRIPT>]

And paste it on the source code of your html page on the place that you want to display the 468x60 banners.

After a while you should be able to see a new banner there every time that you refresh that page.

Now, when ever you want to change or add a new banner there, all you have to do is go to CJ and pick up a new banner or drop an old banner and it will automatically be changed on the pages that you pasted that original script, so you don't have to touch the source code again just to change the banners.

Sal.

Ok, I don't do banners. I created a Smart Zone with product links. My pages are very product specific.

So, if these links update automatically, how does it work? Let's say for example that today the link I pick says 1990 Yellow Beretta.

When the link gets updated, would the update also be product related? Would it say something like 1989 Yellow Beretta, or 1992 Red Beretta? This would be no big deal, it wouldn't hurt my site, it's the same car.

But if the update says 2004 Green Dodge Durango, it would kill me!

Because if the green Durango is a possibility, then the Smart Zone cannot be used on my site.

Thanks a lot!

Catwoman

I'm not sure catwoman but I think you have to keep the products up to date yourself. The automatic bit was that the products/banners would rotate in the smart zone (if you wanted them to, from what I gather you can have them static) giving fresh content all the time which is not a good idea for a products page in my mind, but some people must like it.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

I st up a smartzone for skyscraper ads from one merchant.

It rotates the skyscrapers.

Fortunately I put this on my clothing page and not my wedding page as the first skyscraper was for lingerie but the second was for ordinary clothing.

You need to check the banners really carefully and keep checking for messages from your merchants because they do regularly supply new banners. If you've set up a smartzone and don't check then some of the adverts can prove really embarrassing (for example I advertise a coffee supplier who also supplies HIV testing kits)and if I didn't check their updates then it can damage trade when customers see links to the local clap clinic on their grocery pages.

You have to decide which ads appear in each SmartZone, and you can adjust how frequently each appears by setting the weight for the ad. For instance, 0=not shown at all, 1=shown less frequently, 9=shown more frequently.

You can create SmartZones for whatever type of ad you want, product, text, banner, etc.

Andy

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread